It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Lies!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This isn't a big deal honestly... but i thought i'd have a little rant about it...

Facebook is telling others that i liked something i did not! Now don't get me wrong... i do like "Lean Cuisine" frozen.... stuff. But i never "liked" that page... I rarely use facebook... and hardly ever "like" products... or advertisements that pop up... And i never buy frozen food anyways... i prefer fresh food

Needless to say i no longer "like" their product... Unliked actually...

Perhaps companies pay facebook to lie to their users....

This makes me wonder, what else are they telling people i like?

I know this is a ridiculous rant... just sayin...

edit on 6-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well, I am not suprised, but I don't think it's caused directly from facebook. Most likely something you click caused you to like it. Not sure though, I wouldn't be suprised if they make people like stuff from all the extra money they'd reel in from the advertisement.
edit on 6-4-2012 by EmperorXyn because: spelling

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
obviously Facebook can now read minds....

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
FB lies???

No! Please tell me it isn't so!!!!

All this time I have been under the impression that they were the most honest, ethical and open site on the net.

Damn, I've been duped!

Does this mean that there might be more sites that lie to their members?

Peace

edit on 6-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hahaha... Revolt!!

They lied to us...!!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
some lady in BC is suing them for something just like that I believe.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I smell a conspiracy. You are now liked (if thats what call S n F's on FB) by someone or something embarrassing to someone significant in your life and near your computer screen enough to see it?

edit on 6/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If you are absolutely sure you didn't choose to "like it" yourself, then you probably got clickjacked by some shady website selling "like clicks".

For example, many sites which offer "free" things... stupid browser-based games, free music, etc. what they commonly do is place an embedded like button underneath an image. Hence when you click "play now" or "download", your download will start but you also end up "liking" something you don't even know about.

That is of course, only going to work if you have a facebook account, and you stay logged into it while browsing the web.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.bbc.co.uk...

Don't get me wrong, i'm not defending facebook, the whole site is mallicious on it's own

PS, try using the noscript add-on if you use firefox. It protects from all clickjacking attempts (disables _javascript globally unless you whitelist a site).

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I stopped using FB when everything I clicked started to become public on the feed. No matter what options I set to private/friend's only, things always seem to be present that I've clicked and sometimes things that I haven't clicked. Facebook is a steaming pile of garbage.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Scanning through my liked pages here...

Apparently i "liked" a paged called "For the love of Meagan"....

Who the hell is Meagan!!

And..

Something to turn facebook pink for supporting "breast cancer"...

I didn't "like" either of these pages... I mean im all for curing cancer.... but wtf... it already looks tacky enough... don't turn it pink FFS....

Is there a way to "dislike" facebook...

I already Hate the whole "timeline thing"

edit on 6-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Maybe people should petition for a dislike button or threaten to stop using the service.
Then we could give our 2 cents, and big corp would see the dirt they spread.
Petition for a dislike button.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I find this really interesting, because I just (begrudgingly) rejoined Facebook and in my "about me" section I wrote that I won't be clicking "like" on anything because I don't want Facebook to make money off the extra 1 I add to their data analytic for brands.

Oh yeah. I'm such a badass. But seriously, If I find out I "like" something that I never clicked on, I WILL MAKE THIS KNOWN.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Isn't it the case that if you comment on some fb pages, it automatically links you to Liking them?

I know I cannot comment on some walls unless I like them, so if you're on a page where you see you've liked it, you've already had an interest in the page... or how else do you know you like it?

I agree it's all a sham. facebook is google with sinister fingers, but still...

"By agreeing to using blah blah.com you agree to allow facebook to post updates on your behalf, even if you are not actively using the applications..." -- I see that all the time, and I use a fakebook facebook.. well, so isnt it likely you just let them without reading it?

hahaha, man, who cares... if you use a real facebook account, well.. you know where the problem started

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
it's not really a lie, I mean, if you look at the sides of the general wall (or whatever is called) you can see which of your "friends" (more like contacts you don't even talk to) use facebook mobile, or like X candidate, or whatever, anyway, if you refresh the page you'll she the same ad but with different friends there, it's just random advertising, also I've asked my friends if they use facebook on their mobile and they've told they never have, so, it's just lame advertising for the gullible. as fake as that time when you're about to deactivate your account at it shows pics of your contacts (randomly chosen) saying they'll miss you, yeah right, I bet most of them haven't even realized I deleted my account.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Why haven't you turned off the feature that shares what advertisements and whatnot are shown to others? Simple really.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
kind of random and probably OT...but I just got out of the car and this song was on...it was kind of like a trainwreck and I couldnt change the channel....couldnt believe there was a produced song on about facebook..

with that said...you can change your security settings...
i have a FB account but it is not my real name, nor do i post anything...its used to look at other people's pages...

i check every couple of days to make sure my security is still in tact....

dang...just realized im killing threads all over...

edit on April 10th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join