It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nations Calls For IMMEDIATE Investigation Into Trayvon Martin Events

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Such is the notion that some die with no one careing, while others die, and there death is more important....

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
It constantly amuses me how Americans feel it's perfectly acceptable for their country to interfere with the business of others and impose their will, yet pour scorn on the UN and act outraged when they make any reference to the USA.

Just who do you think you are? You go crawling to the UN when it suits you, yet brush it off the rest of the time.

Arrogant hipporcrites.

I poured scorn on UN intervention in American affairs, but I am NOT an American, nor do I live in the United States.

The UN has no juristiction in this case, period, and it's a diplomatic faux pas for them to think that they should tell the United States OR the State of Florida how best to handle this case.

There are multiple shootings (even of unarmed teenagers) in the United States every single day, what makes this one so special that the United Nations wants to get involved, other than the ridiculous amount of media scrutiny that this particular case has gotten.

I don't really understand why thousands of cases go by completely unmentioned in the press, then there is one incident that the media uses to rile up the public and even bodies like the United Nations to such a high degree. It doesn't make sense.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
without wanting to sounds bigoted it makes me wonder how many white unarmed males are shot and killed by black people the world over. do you ever get this fuss then? i dont know im for equality as long as its exactly that. equality. the way this case seems to have been played out seems to be the opposite of that. ive only got a small understanding of the case though so i could be wrong.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The United Notions can take their "notion" and stick it where the Sun doesn't shine. The UN is an inherently corrupt organization which makes me believe that some cash was involved in their call for an investigation. Hey and while we're mentioning the UN, can't New York get by without the UN yet???? How about we all chip in a couple of bucks so we can kick the UN's %#$@ *&^% out of our country.....Enough said.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So what?

So the UN calls for IMMEDIATE investigation..

What is the UN going to do if we said no?

Nothing.

Political posturing, nothing more. That is what the UN is, a political machine. It doesn't have the teeth to do anything more than talk. Even their "Peace Keepers" are still under the auspices of their issuing nations.

Read all of the NWO/ILLUMINATI/MSM angles you want, but at the end of the day, it means nothing.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
So what?

Contact the US government to explain the situation and ask them to send in troops.....

oh wait.. nvm..

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

So what?

Contact the US government to explain the situation and ask them to send in troops.....

oh wait.. nvm..

(adjusting tinfoil hat)
What if riots start with deaths resulting.
Obama could ask for an "impartial" intervention and all of a sudden, we're seeing baby-blue PeaceKeeper helmets in the streets of Florida.
Call me crazy, but isn't this the type of thing that ATS is all about?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Those baby blue helmets the UN troops wear make great targets.......

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Yes, actually I agree.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkwingduck
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Regardless of your feelings on this case, or mine at that, who does this woman think she is? The U.S. can take care of its own business, thank you! I think she needs to stick her nose somewhere over in the Middle East.

HAHAHA...its about time other "people" started sticking their noses into the US's business. The US does it to others all the time so grow up.

Its about time the corrupt US is looked at. However, my spidey sense do not believe the shooting of some black kid who was allegedly a pest warrant anymore attention.

ITs the FIRST serious PUBLIC look at gun crime in the US and a way for the US gov to start banning GUNS...as the US is overloaded with some of the dumbest people who should not have guns....it ruins it for those who should have them.

Keep prying into their business!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
(adjusting tinfoil hat)

We've been down that road before and didnt need UN intervention.. Chicago, The Watts riots in the 60's, Rodney King aftermath..

Hell we have it when big 10 colleges win their games... Our domestic laws work just fine in those areas.

Obama could ask for an "impartial" intervention and all of a sudden, we're seeing baby-blue PeaceKeeper helmets in the streets of Florida.

At which point the Governors of the affected States can prohibit their use and deployment. Its one of the reasons the states have their own militaries. The only way to utilize troops in that scenario is if Federal assistance is requested and the Governor of the state agrees to place their national guard units under Federal Command. Absent the Governors consent the President would need to declare the State / City in a state of rebellion in order to bypass posse Commitatus.

Also posse commitatus would bar the use of UN "military units" since they are not US citizens they are not empowered to enforce US laws at any level. If the Governor says no and the UN troops arrive you have a text book definition of an armed invasion by a foreign military.

Hurricane Katrina has been the only instance in US history where a foreign military was allowed in the United States to assist with a major disaster while retaining their own chain of command and individual status - Mexico.

Absolutely... Someone has to take the opposite argument though to point out issues the other side does not see. We should all be ready at a moments notice for the worst - Its recommended by the Department of Homeland Security as well as Sarah Connor.

It's also recommended in Pete's Evil Overlord List, which all aspiring Evil Overlords who are in the "cool group" refer to and use for their rise to fame.

A few pointers -

* - My Legions of Terror will have helmets with clear plexiglass visors, not face-concealing ones.

* - My ventilation ducts will be too small to crawl through.

* - My noble half-brother whose throne I usurped will be killed, not kept anonymously imprisoned in a forgotten cell of my dungeon.

* - Shooting is not too good for my enemies.

* - The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

* -I will not gloat over my enemies' predicament before killing them.

* - When I've captured my adversary and he says, "Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?" I'll say, "No." and shoot him. No, on second thought I'll shoot him then say "No."

* - After I kidnap the beautiful princess, we will be married immediately in a quiet civil ceremony, not a lavish spectacle in three weeks' time during which the final phase of my plan will be carried out.

* - I will not include a self-destruct mechanism unless absolutely necessary. If it is necessary, it will not be a large red button labelled "Danger: Do Not Push". The big red button marked "Do Not Push" will instead trigger a spray of bullets on anyone stupid enough to disregard it. Similarly, the ON/OFF switch will not clearly be labelled as such.

* -I will not interrogate my enemies in the inner sanctum -- a small hotel well outside my borders will work just as well.

true story....

As we can see the UN is already violating the first rule of being an evil overlord. Those blue helmets are not to the standard prescribed in the list.

edit on 7-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

So what?

oh wait.. nvm..

(adjusting tinfoil hat)

How many times does this scenario NOT have to play out before the general population of this website decides that maybe.. just MAYBE.. other things should be considered BEFORE the worst case scenarios?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is the most absurd thing I have read in a long time. There are over 800k displaced and/or affected by war in Sudan; Iran, Saudi Arabia and other Islamic controlled countries execute women for adultery, getting raped, or driving cars; North Korea has more than one million starving; China drives around with death vans picking people up and executing them on the spot; why doesn't the UN do something about this?

Why the heck isn't Obama shouting: Stay the heck out of our business?

I say we withdraw all funding immediately until the UN mind their own damn business.

While Trayvon is a tragic case, what about the other 45 people that are killed everyday in the US? Nobody cares squat about them.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Wow! WTF! Facelpalm!

What the hell has it got to do with the UN? Shouldn't they be somewhat more concerned with what's going on globally than commenting on one case (out of thousands/millions) in one country? This human rights woman needs a quick reality slap!
I'm thinking maybe the UN will release a statement in the coming days that this woman's comments were her own opinion and the UN doesn't have any comment on the Trayvon case. Or something similar to that...

I can quickly see a race war coming out of all this madness!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think the United Nations need to go suck an egg! Seriously with all the other problems in the world and they want to get in on this local matter? They can kiss my White American Ass!

link   
reply to post by Anon77

One would think...

Im still trying to figure out what this has to do with the federal government....

Apparently both the UN and the Obama administration doesn't have enough to do.

link   

wow...

talk about poor leadership.

What about the people dying all over the world or the 16 civilians that were murdered not too long ago or the 30 people who just got murdered or beaten or robbed while I was typing this...

For the world to go after this one case just PROVES a connection and that the US the UN and all Major nations are just one world nation.....And have been for hundreds of years.

Prove might be a bit much...but I think you get what I'm saying.
edit on 7-4-2012 by LucidDreamer85 because: because

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Anon77

One would think...

Im still trying to figure out what this has to do with the federal government....

Apparently both the UN and the Obama administration doesn't have enough to do.

Excellent point. What the hell does it have to do with the federal government either?! Possibly they should both concentrate on what they are employed to do and stay out of stuff like this.

I think Obama getting involved with this may be more to do with his 'political advisors' advising him what the American public wants to hear. Bit like a large glove puppet...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I really hope they investigate that racist Jesse Jackson, and the racist Al Sharpton and the racist Black Panthers. They need investigated.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Nothing to do with directly but maybe she was just answering a question

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join