It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 things that have been REALLY pissing me off about ATS recently are

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
1. All the racial hatred that's been spewed across threads about the Travyon Martin case and other threads like the one with the 'black cop shot 28 times by white colleagues' There's NO need to bring race into a discussion of the case itself - the debate should be about the EVIDENCE not the colour/creed/religion!. It just causes and perpetuates hatred.

2. All the recent 'Everyone is a paid disinfo shill' bollocks! THAT needs to go. It ads nothing to the site and again just breeds hate and distrust.

COME ON PEOPLE!! What the hell are we ATS'rs turning into? WE'RE BETTER THAN THIS! This site used to be about intelligent debate of a wide range of subjects. Lately it just seems to be a soap box to spew hate and distrust. THIS is not the same ATS I've lurked on the last 12 years...

WE NEED TO GET BACK TO WHAT WE WERE!!

PHEW! Rant over!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon77

yay good topic. I agree

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon77

We shouldn't let the trolls win! I totally agree w/ you. We need to debate and to show info like civilized intelligent people. We become less of a site to take serious when * The soap box * gets turned on.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
What about that new CISPA bill trying to be passed right now, does that not piss you off because it sure does me.

As far as the shills being here in ATS, that is so obvious it is not even funny.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I agree. On a side note, with the economy the way it is, if someone wants to pay me to be a shill let me know.

On a serious note, I do hate the race thing. I guy gets shot and killed. Sad story, unfortunately it happens. Let the courts decide if its racially motivated or not. (Note to news networks: I am talking to you even though you aren't listening)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
reply to post by Anon77

We shouldn't let the trolls win! I totally agree w/ you. We need to debate and to show info like civilized intelligent people. We become less of a site to take serious when * The soap box * gets turned on.

Exactly! That's just it, it bring ATS down every time an intelligent debate turns into a hate speech shouting match full of insults. Totally ruins it for anyone actually trying to rationally debate the subject. You get drowned out by idiots spewing hate and utter rubbish.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mustangill
What about that new CISPA bill trying to be passed right now, does that not piss you off because it sure does me.

As far as the shills being here in ATS, that is so obvious it is not even funny.

Yeah the CISPA bill annoys me as well. You just get rid of SOPA/PIPA and they bring in that crap. Ultimately I think it's gonna happen, no matter what people do.

The paid shills thing is just ridiculous. It needs to stop, accusations like that just promote hate and discourage intelligent debate. If just turns into an insult match.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
I agree. On a side note, with the economy the way it is, if someone wants to pay me to be a shill let me know.

On a serious note, I do hate the race thing. I guy gets shot and killed. Sad story, unfortunately it happens. Let the courts decide if its racially motivated or not. (Note to news networks: I am talking to you even though you aren't listening)

Ha! Yeah, me too. I could do with some income.

The race thing is wrong WRONG W R O N G!!! It needs to stop, you can't possibly debate the actual evidence in a topic when you bring in the racial stuff. Exactly right! The courts should be left up to decide whether there is any racial motivation. Your also right about the news networks, they stir up hatred with biased reporting... I guess because it improves their ratings. But the racial crap has NO place here on ATS.

Us proper members need to stand up and kick these hate spewing arsewits off!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
you're right.

fact: america is armed to the teeth. grandma's are known to carry mac-10's.

fact: there is still resentment and wounds that have not healed since the civil war when southerners watched their "property" run off and do crazy things like go to school.

fact: trayvon did what any normal person would have done if some stranger ran up to them and started an altercation and tried to detain him for no apparent reason.

fact: there are reasons law enforcement use uniforms and make sure to have clear and bright identifications when on duty.

fact: america is so screwed up and full of psychopaths and serial killers, that if anybody charges up to you, without any sort of identification and tries to detain you, you can make a reasonable case for self-defence in a court of law if you shoot them.

fact: trayvon was screwed either way. if he was armed and shot zimmerman, he'd be doing 40 to life.

fact: if trayvon was white. this would be reported as a tragic accident and a case of mistaken identity.

edit on 6-4-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
you're right.

fact: america is armed to the teeth. grandma's are known to carry mac-10's.

fact: there is still resentment and wounds that have not healed since the civil war when southerners watched their "property" run off and do crazy things like go to school.

fact: trayvon did what any normal person would have done if some stranger ran up to them and started an altercation and tried to detain him for no apparent reason.

fact: there are reasons law enforcement use uniforms and make sure to have clear and bright identifications when on duty.

fact: america is so screwed up and full of psychopaths and serial killers, that if anybody charges up to you, without any sort of identification and tries to detain you, you can make a reasonable case for self-defence in a court of law if you shoot them.

fact: trayvon was screwed either way. if he was armed and shot zimmerman, he'd be doing 40 to life.

fact: if trayvon was white. this would be reported as a tragic accident and a case of mistaken identity.

edit on 6-4-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

That's quite a lot of facts. I would love to see some supporting evidence.
My grandmothers do not walk around with guns.
Law enforcement continue to have less obviously marked vehicles
America is no more or less populated with psychopaths or serial killers than any other nation

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Don't know about the Mac-10, but it wouldn't surprise me.

On topic: Yeah, it has gotten a little crazy around here lately, but it'll calm down. Seems like it runs in cycles. Although this one has been going a while.

edit on 4/6/2012 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Ok. That was awesome.

Side note: A good friend's grandmother's house got broken into, and she was held at gunpoint. Being devoutly religious she started praying out loud.
"Lord these boys do not know what they are doing, please don't punish them for their mistakes. etc." (Paraphrase)

They left without taking anything.

On topic to the OP: This will all die down in a week or two when the schools are back in session. It seems like these type of threads happen every school break.

new topics

top topics

join