It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It all comes down to you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You

that's what really matters in life. And your decisions have the power to change the world. Most people don't know how mutch power they really have but they are to scared to act. Also luck fate destiny they are all imaginary concepts. Its you that has to act don't wait on the universe to hand you things make things happen on your own

the butterfly effect is something I have been fascinated with for a long time. The basic principle of this is that your decisions are like a rock hitting a pond if you are nice to one person and brighten there day they will make someone else happy and the cycle will repeat itself.

This final paragraph will be about not waiting for life. Life is such a beautiful thing don't waste it speak your opinion stand up for yourself instead of admiring that pretty girl or hot guy from afar ask them out and if they say no there loss make things happen

i have a homework assigment for all of you

know go out there and live

Life won't wait for you, my friend

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

I agree with you in regards to the you part. Life is all in what you make it. You are your own creator so make it happen. Only you can provide yourself with the happiness and things you desire. We just have to watch out for the everyday distractions that are there to sway our decisions and fall into a vicious self loathing cycle.

All of this is easier said than done but at the same time its just that easy. As quickly as anyone fell into any one thing you can pick yourself right out of it...

But regarding the "imaginary concepts," there is an order to this. A system if you will. In order to get what you want out of life, even with fending for yourself, there is a balance. You must take only what you put in. Any more and you will be made aware of your selfish actions. Regardless your belief system, we all know there is something other than us out there making sure we all stay in order or to the order necessary at the moment. If not a leveling or a lesson will soon follow.
edit on 4/6/2012 by Minustheh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

...don't wait on the universe to hand you things...

I have wanted to ask someone this for quite some time. Why "the universe"? What is the difference between asking "god", and asking the universe? I'm not getting it. And though I've looked, I've yet to find where this concept of petitioning the universe comes from. Can anyone explain this?

This is a sincere question. No sarcasm intended at all. BTW, I'm an atheist.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

...don't wait on the universe to hand you things...

I have wanted to ask someone this for quite some time. Why "the universe"? What is the difference between asking "god", and asking the universe? I'm not getting it. And though I've looked, I've yet to find where this concept of petitioning the universe comes from. Can anyone explain this?

This is a sincere question. No sarcasm intended at all. BTW, I'm an atheist.

I believe that when people refer to "the universe" it's also interchangeable with "God".
As God is something that we can't possibly comprehend, and "the universe" is also something that our minds can't possible comprehend (assuming you are also going outside of just the 3d / physical dimension and into the other ones when you mention this). So in my opinion they are one and the same.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321
You

that's what really matters in life. And your decisions have the power to change the world.

This week I learned there is something called courage. I want to step my foot down and handle this. From a guy's point of view, you see the girl of your dreams, you talk to her upon eye contact, you walk with her and meet her, she ends up being your girlfriend...

While this is not easy to decide, it is all and all still possible almost everytime.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321
Its you that has to act don't wait on the universe to hand you things make things happen on your own.

I really wish I could take heed of this advice. My life seems filled with "what if" moments and as I get older I find myself being filled more and more with regrets from the past. Not regrets in taking the wrong action, but regrets in not acting at all. It is better to try and not succeed than it is to never try at all.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

how do u know that it is better to try n not succeed when u didnt try? while u cant but always do the best to u, this is a true fact not urs

of course there is no concept existing of right or positive in negative condition

positive is then the zero reference that belong to both while beyond to truth since it is nothing

which prove that moving in negative fact is wrong

top topics

join