It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just a few questions about shtf.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
So, whats every ones idea/thoughts on what could or maybe will cause a shtf scenario. Seems many people have an idea. And alot are certain its going to happen but will it be something no amount of prepping will save you? Also what sort of society will be left, herds of bandits roaming barren wastelands?.. Or whatttt???
Finally, this may sound stupid, but how will you all know s*** has actually hit the fan? Look at when intense rioting occurs, nobody runs for the hills, but isn't that the behaviour you would expect to be part of shtf?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
When people are trying to break into your home for food and water, that's when the SHTF.

Of course something drastic will cause this situation so you'll know.

Then again, it might just be Kentucky winning the NCAA.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
TSHTF wont happen.

The war berween us and them has already been lost.

WE are the losers.

Suppose I wanted to get a secret message to the op, how whould I achieve this? I cant!! its impossible.

We have rfid chips in our vehicle tyres, sensors in the roads to read them. rfid chips in the goods that we buy and as we walk into another store they are again read by that store who now know where we've just come from.

The VAST majority are unthinking sheeple who are as herdable as...sheep, so how is the poo goint to hit the fan?

its a nonsense because we are already powerless.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by will615

People already do that sorta, but really I know that, but when will the tipping point tip and how will you know? Realyy imagine a load of crap happening so you take you and your family to some hideout only to have society to reform the nextt day :')

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I agree with you! Im questioning the conspiracy. I know where beat and thats what I mean by my question kind of.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
In my own mind, one of two scenarios will occur which will signal that "this is it":

1. The supply chain will be cut off, and suddenly people will not be able to get groceries, gasoline, medications, etc. Panic will ensue and people will be fighting each other over the last can of green beans on the shelf.

2. The ability to purchase necessities will suddenly become impossible due to the devaluation of the dollar, causing prices to skyrocket beyond what most people can pay. Then folks will start looting and stealing in a panic.

Until people get hit where it hurts, the world can fall down around them and they won't notice anything.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by UKmonster

Okay, on a more serious note--I guess when you see panic in the streets and really, truly feel your family's lives are jeopardized, you'll know.

Don't fret about knowing when it's time my friend. You'll know.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
When those nice neighbors across the street come over...and instead of knocking...they KICK your door in and wave a weapon in your face saying "Gimme all your stuff...food, water, money, stuff to sell quick..and we wont KILL you"...and you look out in the street and hear people in front and back of you screaming...and the tv, computer and cell phones go black....
..that would be a good indication.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Ereply to post by mysterioustranger

Ahaha that may be the case with you, but you'd go next door rather than to me. Also when people panic theydo go a little crazy and my point is that they overeact to an event. So peoplewill loot ad stuffbut then the police or army will either arrest or shoot you.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Star for a great response. But I just really stuggle to see a collapse in authority, despite a collapse of the economy basically because authority is power, and in a sthf event your not going to drop the power you hold to go live in the woods

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by UKmonster

True, people are panicky animals who tend to walk around in a daze until something dreadful happens, and then they overreact.

And yes, people who loot or act like animals will be shot. History is rife with examples of this (even during the San Francisco earthquake of 1906, the national guard shot quite a few people). This is why I moved out of a large metropolitan area and bought some acreage in the middle of nowhere. If nothing happens, then I'm enjoying the country life. If something happens, I am prepared, and so are my neighbors. My kids and extended family know to come out here if TSHTF.

It is the people who have nowhere to go, and are not prepared, that need to wake up. Better to prepare and not need it, than to need it and have nothing.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I think this is the article of a guy who lived in Argentina during the economic collapse and how he survived. Pretty good info in the article.

Link
edit on 6-4-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I assume that you live in the UK? I dont even want to THINK of how sad a situation that would be for the unarmed defenseless public in the UK if SHTF there. AUUGHHH.

Being defenseless during a chaotic dog-eat-dog, only-the-mighty-survive SHTF situation would be living NIGHTMARE. Total thug mentality, looting, rioting, brutal gang attacks, home invasions, total insanity, horrendous rapes, bloody slayings, horrible slaughtering... SIGH.

Horrible thought. Glad that I live in a country where the citizens have enough sense to never allow the disarming of the public!!!!

edit on 6-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Yehh I do! But why would you want to live in a country full of guns, in a shtf event you wont last 2 seconds you'll be shot, have your gun and ammo taken and that will be that. At least in this country you know nobody else has one. Also theres a statistic about knives which I cant remember exactly but like 70% of people who use a knife for self defense end up beingg injured by there knife. The same is likely for guns. Just sayin...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKmonster

Yehh I do! But why would you want to live in a country full of guns, in a shtf event you wont last 2 seconds you'll be shot, have your gun and ammo taken and that will be that. At least in this country you know nobody else has one. Also theres a statistic about knives which I cant remember exactly but like 70% of people who use a knife for self defense end up beingg injured by there knife. The same is likely for guns. Just sayin...

Just saying that I feel bad for such a SHTF scenario for you over there.

Over on this side of the pond, NOBODY with any sense will attempt a crime against a family and their home when they hear it being DEFENDED with gunshots! A knife or any non-firearm wont to anything but stop a school-child
in such a chaotic and precarious scenario.

An added bonus of a firearm is having the option of PAINLESSLY offing oneself if the situation is bad enough that it exceeds your pain threshold. Win-win.

It would give me nightmares if all I had in a SHTF scenario was a knife or a club or a sling shot or whatever else your country's "authorities" only trust you with having...

edit on 6-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKmonster

UKmonster,
If 70% of people hurt themselves with their own knives, then the world deserves to end.

edit on 6-4-2012 by will615 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by will615
[more
I cant find an official figure, an that you are most likely to be injured by your knife. Either accidentally or through another. 'most' implies an above 50% chance

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
3days w/ o electricity,100.00 a loaf bread,no water when you turn on the tap,the list is endless,and you will drive yourself nuts trying to plan for everything....fight,drink,eat ,sleep warm and dry,self doctor and you have the basics covered

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Mate, you misunderstand I know the consequences, but when will the mentality of it set in? Its tricky for those who cant see past the obvious...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Studies indicate that 90%will NEVER "get it" and the survivors will have gotten it early on or always had it..5thst us,the knowledge that it's "Its I'm fuc•ed time,Plan A goes into effect NOW".....most of the action outside your basic plan will be the interaction and result of contact doth portions of the aforementioned 90% and other than arming and training and a few precautions,you can't predict the outcome of anyway "no plan ever survives contact with the enemy"....watch the news,both MSM and alternates and make your decision,hopefully in time

top topics

join