It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is not Sparta, THIS IS ATS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You heard it right, this is not Sparta,

THIS IS ABOVE TOP SECRET!

Why am I saying this? Because. Because some ATS'ers are trolling and kicking other ATSer's down a giant hole just like those spartan people in that movie 300.

While lurking around ATS and being a member for quite sometime, I have noticed that there are a lot of threads, that are really good. Usually mini novels, some ATSer's go so in-debth with their topics it seems that they do this for a living. I have found that there is a hierarchy within ATS. The ones that most members think are, well, smarter than the rest. And the rest, are left with debunkers and trolls that find it fun to dismiss any creative idea, as false, and stupid.

These people, these mass conspirators that spend hours upon hours writting threads, probably are, really smart. Most of them use words that sound like they come out of a college text book. Then after they have put themselves on the pedestal of "conspiracy smartness" they then go to threads of lesser quality to make that thread look completely stupid.

When I posts my threads, I posts with honest thoughts and honest words. I do not not need mass production of a thread to get my point across. And neither does any one else on ATS.

This does not make them stupid, because no question is stupid. Sound familiar?

This website is about denying ignorance. When I think of ignorance, I think of stupidity. When I think of stupidity, I think of lack of knowledge. To understand, and to get knowledge, you have to ask questions, and then to be smart, and to deny ignorance, you have to look at every answer and come up with your own conclusion.

knowl·edge·a·ble /ˈnälijəbəl/ Adjective: Intelligent and well informed.
Synonyms: well-informed - knowing

Key words: well informed, meaning to know all the answers, to ANY question, no matter how dumb.

So what if an idea doesn't have an endless lists of words you've never heard of, and facts upon facts upon facts. THIS IS ATS, where we come to find awnsers to our many questions.

I mean, remember when everyone thought that the world was flat, and when scientist first started saying it was round, everyone laughed at them. Thats exactly what you trolls are doing, Laughing at another for their thoughts and ideas.

Before trolling, you have to think, at least this person is apart of Above Top Secret. At least they have woken up enough to the point to be apart of this amazing website. And they are even contributing! What a good thing to happen to the conspiracy community, a new member! Finally getting the word out, you know?

And why debunk things so fast, and why destroy a thread with the first comment as in, "You should've used the search bar, we already know." Is everyone to good for a thought that is similar to another that has already been spoken? Or does anyone really need facts to have an idea? I mean, we live in a world full of trees, animals and what have you. It all seems pretty real, but then you have to think, what is real? It seems like magic, and I think the fact that this site even exist is magic. So doesn't that mean anything can be real?

So, in sum, anything is possible, and any question is reasonable.I think ATS is a site for FREE THINKERS, and these thinkers wanna be free, won't you let em'? Or are you to smart?

Be smart, and encourage the people that like to think, no matter how different you might perceive it!

Peace & Much Love

And no no no, I am not saying it is wrong to debate about a issue. But going about it in a diminishing way, is just about ignorant.

Why can't we be friends?

edit on 6-4-2012 by jakupairs because: because, because, because, because, because, because, BECAUSE!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jakupairs

I thought denying ignorance meant you were supposed to take ignorance and kick it in a bottomless pit?
Am I doing it wrong?
LOL.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

el oh el oh el

No, you're not wrong. We are denying ignorance in a very right way, this world is soooo corrrrrrrrupt its sad, just thought everyone needed a dose of love today, but anyways cool picture. Thanks for sharing dood

edit on 6-4-2012 by jakupairs because: because, because!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm on the point of leaving ats for the reasons you speak of but I've noticed a thread and a few comments made by the staff concerning what you mention so I'm gonna wait a little while to see how it goes.

I have to say the stars and flag system does make this site an amazing PROFILING SYSTEM.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I guess it depends on your definition of ignorance.
As Charles Darwin observed, "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."
Or is it more of lack of knowledge of the subject.Like in being unaware.
It's not stupidity,just a lack of understanding.
That is what this place is for is to be taught and to learn.
Gaining knowledge,not being made to look like a fool.
Some of those"experts" need to come off the high horse they are riding on and to the level of the people they post to and become more like a teacher than a person who ridicules someone for not knowing.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Other than your words "pettle stole", I agree with everything you wrote.

I usually look at the idea behind the writing, as not everybody can write well, or has a large vocabulary. The fact that people are awakening, asking questions and trying to understand what is happening is a good thing. There are some really insightful ideas that are somewhat hobbled by the lack of spelling or grammar, but it is important to look beyond that and get the gist of the post.

Some people are a little mean and enjoy pulling others down. It is best to ignore those and keep on participating, we need everybody we can to WAKE UP!! Deny not only ignorance, but deny those meanies the pleasure of destroying your thread.

PS..I think you meant "pedestal"...and don't feel bad, I had to use spell check on that one too.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

hahaha, Thanks!

I love constructive criticism. I am very new to posting threads on here and writing overall, even though my thoughts want to get themselves on the key board unfluently, I'd like to think I could write a book with them. And I'm not terrible at spelling but pettle stole is pretty bad haha. Thanks for noticing, now I know.

edit on 6-4-2012 by jakupairs because: haha "Get my thoughts on paper" What? I don't do writing on paper anymore.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I agree.
I have only been here for a few days,just reading thread after thread,post after post.
Some really good threads and ideas get pushed to the side for silly reasons.
It's not the context that matters it's the content.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I've always assumed the stars were to signify an agreement with the post, so as not to have page after page of I agree posts.
Or to acknowledge a good argument to the contrary of your personal opinion.

But I could see it looked at as a ranking system

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Every time you click a star its logged into the database along with info on the post you are staring, the same for the flags, am I wrong mods?

Click a button and recieve the entire history of a poster and everything they agree or dissagree with.

Yes it is an excellent way to say whether you agree or not to a particular post but can you deny the possibilty of it being used to profile us?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Every time you click a star its logged into the database along with info on the post you are staring, the same for the flags, am I wrong mods?

Click a button and recieve the entire history of a poster and everything they agree or dissagree with.

Yes it is an excellent way to say whether you agree or not to a particular post but can you deny the possibilty of it being used to profile us?

It's possible to use it as a way to profile. But not a great way to do so. For instance as I said I will star posts that I disagree with if it's a sound argument that provides an alternate view from what I have speculated. It would be much more logical to profile on what is said (typed). But even there, I will sometimes argue the opposite point just to see how strong a defense someone can give.
For instance, the last thread I started, I can easily refute my OP's premise but I was curious to see how ATS would respond to a theory I created as conversation starter back in high school.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

No because i click on everthing

Wake up

see you just got two star

edit on 6-4-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

No, I'm handing out stars, I feel like we are in kingergarden, "who wants a gold star?"
I think stars are kind of like, "likes" on facebook, and everyone knows the mosts popular kids get the most likes on facebook.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I find alot of people try to destroy a new thread as quickly as possible ,and ive noticed people putting down peoples grammar etc.alot of ganging up . some of them abuse their intellectual thinking and use it to put someone down.

its like the person that likes to be the one to point out the slightest mistakes for brownie points.
they correct you on the slightest of things like you missed a capital letter or full stop.

i also have reason to believe they message each other in groups to give each other as many flags and stars each
then quickly trash someones thread so people will jump to there own threads.

or its actually op you didnt get the right link. when you have but they look for extras and make you incompetent
while making them look superior.

ive met these people away from the cyber space, and they correct every word you say
and they allways like to be right ,it can be anoying .

they only see things there way and you better agree with them sort of thing.

they pick at words even though you got it right they come out with something to put you down.

MAKES ME LAUGH I NOTICED SOME HAVENT EVEN STARTED THEIR OWN THREADS PMSL

PROBABLY FRIGHTEND SAME WILL HAPPEN TO THEM.

good post op respect.

top topics

join