It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Republicans blast law school over refusal to hire conservative professor as faculty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Here we go again…Really smart stupid people who don’t know how to get their priorities straight.

Fnews

Iowa Republicans are taking aim at the state's top law school for denying a faculty position to a conservative law professor, who an assistant dean once said embraces politics the rest of the faculty "despises."

Teresa Wagner, who works as an associate director of writing at the University of Iowa College of Law, is suing former dean Carolyn Jones for employment discrimination, claiming she was not hired for a professor position because Jones and other law faculty disapproved of her conservative views and activism.

She does look like die hard conservative. Maybe the school can have her sh0t as well!

Now if the dean from a private school came out and said he despised liberals, decided not to hire a professor because of his/her liberal ideology, how fast do you think the ASLU would jump on that? On the most part, conservatives will usually suck it up and move forward. BUT if it were turned around? Liberals will cry foul play and have a never ending temper tantrum from hell! It happens every time.

IMO, I find this a good example of liberal thinking…

I hope this professor sues the school for everything they have. She is more than capable for the position. They just didn’t like her views.

It’s truly sad to see this kind of behavior from the people who are supposed to help guide our kids down the road of life. This is one of the reasons why our country is going to hell in a hand basket. Instead of moving forward in a positive constructive manner, let’s all just demonize one another for what we believe. All this crap only takes away focus on the things that really need to be addressed.

Oh…and by the way, I’m an independent. Just thought you should know before you decide to condemn me to the fiery depths of eternal hell!

Am out...But will be back to reply later this eve...

Cheers....

edit on 6-4-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

Oh…and by the way, I’m an independent.

While I love Ronald Reagan and think gay people should burn preemptively before they
reach hell.

Maybe her politics are too extreme.

She might believe that the law is best applied so that a few individuals can systematically
control the majority of people because they are of course, free to do so.

That is what I observe in Right Wing legal scholars

All's fair when you are trying to take over the world.
edit on 6-4-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If she doesn't fit, stop trying to force it. I'd so LOVE to come up to a story like this one and say how mean and nasty and wrong those unfair liberals are being about blocking someone on pure political basis....then something occurs to me.

MOST Universities seem to have a hard left lean...to put it kindly. It took them 5 decades to accomplish it. It will take years or decades to reverse it...and no one wants to hear about things taking time, but there it is.

IF we want to back this lady to bust her way into the Liberal leaning schools, right at the top when the top obviously doesn't want the "diversity" in THIS case (funny about that), I just ask we remember the other side of that coin.

The liberals will have EVERY legal and moral justification to begin assembling a list of CONSERVATIVE leaning schools and begin attacking them, in similar fashion, right at the top. This is the kind of battle I believe a victory could leave us feeling VERY defeated from in the long term.

It would be a world different if we weren't in a time where cases like this never stay local or individual once Media catches a whiff...but again, there it is and she has to think wider than herself. It's the nature of the beast and the consequences for everyone else.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I wonder how many private religious schools have not hired people based on their sexual orientation?
Probably alot.

And why would you want to work at a place where you wouldn't get along with the rest of the staff?

That's like taking a job as a cat groomer when you are allergic to their hair.

And the other great part about this article is that she wants to sue a law school...... a law school.
LOL!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Liberals claim to be far more tolerant than anybody else, is the problem.

But tolerance is a sham.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Wagner is suing Dean Carolyn Jones for employment discrimmination, there is no evidence atleast related to the public showing that she was not hired for that reason:

Teresa Wagner, who works as an associate director of writing at the University of Iowa College of Law, is suing former dean Carolyn Jones for employment discrimination, claiming she was not hired for a professor position because Jones and other law faculty disapproved of her conservative views and activism.

Fieweger said the school argues Wagner was rejected because she "stunningly flunked the interview" in refusing to teach analysis -- a claim he said "just doesn't make sense and the jury is going to see that."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Now if Fiewger can demonstrate that Wagner was refused the position on the basis of her personal ideology then I do believe they have a case, but they need to demonstrate it in court. This is a publically funded university, I think discrimmination is wrong and if Wagner can clearly demonstrate that this was the reason she was refused the position, the college should be held accountable. Right now however, all we have is an accusation from her and Fiewger's end.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Wait, isnt this what Conservatives are always crying about? That everyone should be free to hire and fire and serve whoever they please, regardless of color, religion, or politics?

So what is the big problem? Its finally turning out the way you wanted, right?

But now you are crying "WHERE IS THE ACLU??"

Hypocrite.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

isnt this what Conservatives are always crying about? That everyone should be free to hire and fire and serve whoever they please??

That's what I was going to say.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
She is more than capable for the position. They just didn’t like her views.

And you concluded this from what? Did you know how the interview went? Were you personally there? Thus far this is an accusation from Wagner and her attorney, there is no solid evidence atleast open to the public to conclude tha she was refused for this very reason. Me thinks you're assuming alittle too much.

It’s truly sad to see this kind of behavior

Discrimmination is a sad fact of our society, and if Wagner proves she was discrimminated or refused a position because of her personal beliefs, I hope the Dean is held accountable, but they need to demonstrate this.
edit on 6-4-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
According to the source article, the charges have already been thrown out by one court and this is being heard on appeal. One would have to draw the conclusion that the evidence is a little slim.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Liberals claim to be far more tolerant than anybody else, is the problem.

But tolerance is a sham.

Best quote of the thread and the posts after prove the point as well as the op.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Wagner is suing Dean Carolyn Jones for employment discrimmination, there is no evidence atleast related to the public showing that she was not hired for that reason:

Fieweger said the school argues Wagner was rejected because she "stunningly flunked the interview" in refusing to teach analysis -- a claim he said "just doesn't make sense and the jury is going to see that."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Now if Fiewger can demonstrate that Wagner was refused the position on the basis of her personal ideology then I do believe they have a case, but they need to demonstrate it in court. This is a publically funded university, I think discrimmination is wrong and if Wagner can clearly demonstrate that this was the reason she was refused the position, the college should be held accountable. Right now however, all we have is an accusation from her and Fiewger's end.

Seems to me, Anyone who refuses to follow an employers process, doesn't deserve to work for that employer....
Doesn't matter what line of work it is either!
Believe me, I know, I've worked for ISO certified employers for more than 20 years...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
Wait, isnt this what Conservatives are always crying about? That everyone should be free to hire and fire and serve whoever they please, regardless of color, religion, or politics?

So what is the big problem? Its finally turning out the way you wanted, right?

But now you are crying "WHERE IS THE ACLU??"

Hypocrite.

I really am a big admirer of Augusto José Ramón Pinochet Ugarte, and wish we had an American version of him somewhere in the military. Leftist psychopaths always seem to bring out the yearning for military tribunals in me.
edit on 8-4-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

A private institution hires the people it wants to the positions it chooses and Republicans are upset?

The hypocrisy knows no bounds. All you do is whine about how the government needs to get out of business until a business does not play your game then you insist something must be done.

The only solution is to have government step in and force this private institution to hire someone it does not want to.

I cannot wait for the Republican reasoning behind this.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LErickson

Seriously, it pains me. I cannot even stand to watch the stupidity anymore. I dont understand how somone can live their life with so little self worth that they will lie and be hypocrites about a certain subject because it promotes their worldview. Deny ignorance??

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

hehe.

Which I guess is why this all ended with...

Originally posted by LErickson
I cannot wait for the Republican reasoning behind this.

new topics

top topics

join