It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My friend claims to have special abilities, I think he's crazy.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Alright so I have a friend that ive been friends with for a decade and a while ago he was telling me about these abilities he has. I think he sounded crazy but he hardly believed himself. So here are the abilities he claims to have, some I know he's had because I saw him use them: can control adrenal glands, run really fast and then some, like cover a football field in between 7-15 seconds. Has great reflexes and senses, great hearing, always seems to know if i'm lying, oh and he always seems to "know" things without experiencing them. Like one time we were watching this horror movie and at a scene where some chick got her throat sliced he said, "god, that hurts" I asked him about it and he said he doesn't know, he says he has a really active or vivid imagination. He said he had a dream once where he got his throat cut and he said something along the lines of "It was more uncomfortable and irritating than painful, but times ten, When it happend I felt the sharpness of the blade as it carved through every milimeter of my flesh, as I collapsed choking on my own blood I could feel even the slightest air current pass through the wound as an arctic wind on wet skin" he said it never really happened, he just "knew how it felt." I get the feeling he's telling the truth it's just a bit strange and out there. So, should I have him sent to the nearest institution or is it real or someone can provide an explanation. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

Not trying to be the first negative nancy on your thread, but if what you say is true, why isn't he on some collegiate track team or Olympics team?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnCreed777
Alright so I have a friend that ive been friends with for a decade and a while ago he was telling me about these abilities he has. I think he sounded crazy but he hardly believed himself. So here are the abilities he claims to have, some I know he's had because I saw him use them: can control adrenal glands, run really fast and then some, like cover a football field in between 7-15 seconds. Has great reflexes and senses, great hearing, always seems to know if i'm lying, oh and he always seems to "know" things without experiencing them. Like one time we were watching this horror movie and at a scene where some chick got her throat sliced he said, "god, that hurts" I asked him about it and he said he doesn't know, he says he has a really active or vivid imagination. He said he had a dream once where he got his throat cut and he said something along the lines of "It was more uncomfortable and irritating than painful, but times ten, When it happend I felt the sharpness of the blade as it carved through every milimeter of my flesh, as I collapsed choking on my own blood I could feel even the slightest air current pass through the wound as an arctic wind on wet skin" he said it never really happened, he just "knew how it felt." I get the feeling he's telling the truth it's just a bit strange and out there. So, should I have him sent to the nearest institution or is it real or someone can provide an explanation. Thanks.

Intuition isn't special power, just because it amazes you doesn't make it a special power. I've done math problems out loud in front of people that were math challenged and they thought I had special math powers.

BTW, I can make my heart rate jump without flexing a muscle. It's not a special power.
edit on 6-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

So here are the abilities he claims to have, some I know he's had because I saw him use them: can control adrenal glands, run really fast and then some, like cover a football field in between 7-15 seconds.

i wanna see this, bust out you smart phone and start recording
edit on 6-4-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Yes, we are going to need confirmation, because I'm sure some NFL scouts would pay dearly for this information and identity, and I am going to want to be the first to get this guy on my fantasy football team!

Imagine a receiver, or a defensive back that not only runs faster than everyone else on the field, but also has the super power of anticipating their movements before they even make them! He will make Deion Sanders look like a Grandmother!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
My opinion is that this one of those reactions of how powerful the mind can be. That it it's can create the pain that is not there. I remember one of my dreams that I was bitten on the neck by a vampire and I ran outside then I realized what I have become. I could feel the sun begin to rise over the horizon, so I ran back into the house that I ran out of. I searched desperately to find a place but it was too late and when the sun touched my skin i began to be engulfed by flames. Then I woke up and felt the bit on my neck, sprang out of bed only to find there was no mark. Yeah, maybe I need to stop watching vampire movies but the point is the the mind has a lot to do with how it effects with the body.

Now as for your friend's ability, they are just really attuned to their body that they know how to control their internal chemical just like we all can. Believe it or not but this is taught in psychology 101 (hence why people are always sick when they're really not) and we all have this ability to control our chemicals and glands. We are just not aware that we can control it. And to us, it will take time to control. Others, like your friend, it would be instant. I know it sounds like a metaphysics approach but it's not really. It's like controlling you anger, in order to do that you have to get your mind to change the chemicals from angry to what ever emotion you want to feel.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
About gleaning the knowledge of what it is like to get your throat cut from dreaming, perhaps that says more about dreaming than special abilities? Intuition is also a great thing to have, and I can imagine that there are some mental tricks one can find out that can stimulate your adrenal glands. It is quite possible he has some well developed abilities, but I think that if he does then perhaps it is something others can do too.

Also, I remember watching on the discovery channel a Shaolin (sic) monk that was able to consciously control his metabolic rate. They viewed him on a thermal camera and his body temperature dropped like a brick. They said NASA is interested in teaching that to astronauts so that they could consume less stuff over time. The human body is incredible, and our lack of curiosity in regards to such things is really hurting us in the long run, I think
edit on 6-4-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

He's not because he's not an athelete, he's not in the best running shape. I know that doesn't make sense, he likes to run, but not competetive or long distance. Also I don't think he ever thought about it, kids said he ran funny in elementary and I think that drove him away from running in front of an audience. He does regret not staying in football in junior high, he figures with some practice he would have made a good reciever. He does love to test his skills though, just not around too many people, he's pretty much just as much in denial as I am.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mistyrae1248

Thank you Mistyrae1248, I believe that sounds reasonable, and I think my friend would agree. It's most likely mind over matter as they say.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I played soccer all the wya through high school with a kid who was diagnosed with an overactive adrenal gland. He apparently would get twice the dose of adrenaline than a normal person does. Yet he was normally very sluggish, except when worked up.

Adrenaline does a lot of things for people.

Id guess your friend may just fall into this same type of category.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Mistyrae1248

Thank you Mistyrae1248, I believe that sounds reasonable, and I think my friend would agree. It's most likely mind over matter as they say.

can i see a video of ur friend running fast?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I'm sure that would be a reality best suited for an athelete, as previously stated my friend has no desire to show off anything to people, he is simply seeking explanation, not fame or acceptance. If he had previous football experience he might consider, but he's never gotten over his fear of crowds and he's never played football. I asked him and he said he's rather no enlist in tryouts and make a fool of himself when he has no idea what anything means or what to do. Can't say i'd blame him there, when it comes to atheletics he prefers activities like mountain biking, free-running, hiking, kyaking, things like that. It took nearly 5 months just to get him to even consider showing me anything. I doubt he'd like to be on youtube, also i'd prefer not to sacrifice our fiendship. Whether you believe or not is up to you, just as we believe it's simply psychological.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

Since you have been a member well over a year, I will assume you are not a troll, and you actually do have a friend, but I want to recap some things so you see how this looks to others. Keep in mind, we often have new ATSers that are known hoaxsters that follow this same M.O., so don't take offense to this, but here is how your thread has played out...

1. I have a friend that..... (that is a typicaly trollish or hoaxish start)
2. Then, claims of extraordinary or superhuman ability or knowledge (again, very typical of a troll or hoaxter)
3. Then, people challenge the claims (typical of ATS, and healthy skepticism)
4. Then, responses such as, I have seen it, but he prefers no pictures, no videos, he is shy, etc.
(not looking good at this point)
5. Then, ATSers make suggestions as to how to get around objections (gotta love ATSers!)
6. Then, "Sorry, but I value my friendship more than I value backing up my outrageous story."

Like I said, you are not a new member, so that is helping me to believe you had good intentions, but your thread has followed the typical Bernard Schnitzel type thread, and it isn't very believable at this point.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I'm sure that would be a reality best suited for an athelete, as previously stated my friend has no desire to show off anything to people, he is simply seeking explanation, not fame or acceptance. If he had previous football experience he might consider, but he's never gotten over his fear of crowds and he's never played football. I asked him and he said he's rather no enlist in tryouts and make a fool of himself when he has no idea what anything means or what to do. Can't say i'd blame him there, when it comes to atheletics he prefers activities like mountain biking, free-running, hiking, kyaking, things like that. It took nearly 5 months just to get him to even consider showing me anything. I doubt he'd like to be on youtube, also i'd prefer not to sacrifice our fiendship. Whether you believe or not is up to you, just as we believe it's simply psychological.

so im calling bull#, u could demonstrate his speed without showing his face and be able to back up ur claims, so whats it gonna be?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You are absolutely right and that is exactly what it seems. All of it is true and may very well be natural abilities anyone can obtain, the truth of the matter is this is not about my friend as I have very few. It is pertains to someone much closer and of whom I know very well and much better. I couldn't give two flicks of my tail whether or not you or anyone else believes a thing I say, it's better that you don't. Answers and insight are the desired task at hand not fame or approval. As you were friend.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Also I've been a member of ATS more than a year, created another account as the result of me forgetting my passwords. I believe my former account was Whitehorseman777 I think I had a few threads.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
unflag

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Video or it didnt happen... Im calling bs

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Im skeptical about him covering a football field in 15 seconds....

The other stuff isn't so special. I've had dreams where I have felt pain and those things have never happened to me before for real. Also I can almost always tell when someone is lying to me, he sounds highly intuitive. Another explanation for the neck thing could be that he was killed that way in a past life, and therefore it would make him uncomfortable to see it in this life as if drawing out some hidden memory. Your soul remembers everything even though your mind doesn't always.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Your special power may be extreme gullibility.

Nice to see you joined ats to get that checked out!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join