It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Friday and 3:00 p.m.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Regardless if you are Christian or not, there are those that believe that Our Savior, The Lord Jesus Christ, Died for us at 3:00 pm. So before you post something good, bad or indifferent, I want to say to all of you, Peace be with you.
Of all of my post and threads that you may have read of mine, I would like for you to remember just four words of mine, Peace be with you.
If you find hatred, love or indifference with what I say, I still say, Peace be with you.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
May my respect be with you too

2nd

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
and also with you.

Just because I have to have 2 lines or I will get in trouble, not really a helpful rule in postings like this but hey anyways rules are rules and I like to follow the rules. So here are my 2nd lines.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
May ALL days be peaceful and blessed.

Today is a Good Friday to begin a new search for the peaceful resolution of this worlds problems.

www.columbia.edu...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Hey Violator --

See if you can notice how the 2nd canonical Greek Gospel ('according to Mark', whoever he was) tries to emulate a deliberate 3-hour period set when discussing the 'martyrdom' in his own weird version of the so-called Passion Narratives in chapter 15 of his mangled book - almost deliberatley made into a liturgical cycle of sorts when describing the alleged 'events in order' ref: the death agony of R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean Nazir (Gk. Iesous), arrested by Judaean temple police then executed by Roman authority for armed sedition against the State

(see: the 3rd canonical Greek gospel 'according to Luke' whoever he was, chapter 22:33-40 where R. Yehoshua/ ho Iesous orders his followers to sell their outer tunics - on a cold night too - and then go out & buy real Swords ! or do you imagine that the Slave of the High Priest's ear ('Malchus' in the 4th gospel) was cut off with a butter knife left over from the Last Supper?!! ) against Rome (technically, breach of the Lex Maiestatis, no king but Caesar law which carried the ultimate penalty) - neat rows of THREEs - which smack of Liturgical neatness...or a deliberate formulaic pattern - rather than 'writing history' - in fact the Passion Narratives in all FOUR canonical gospels are midrashic expansions of Hebrew & Aramaic scriptures (Psalm 22 (Eloi Eloi llama sabacthani etc.) Psalm 69:21 (vinegar/gall) Zechariah chapters 9-14, Isaiah 53 etc. etc. etc. etc.) :

All Midrashic (i.e. legendary fill in of details extracted from 'old testament' texts - in fact, apart from a few women at a distance, and possibly one male, 'all the disciples fled' thus there were probably no real eyewitnesses to the death - unless one believes the assertion at the end of the 4th gospel 'this is the disciple who saw these things (i.e. blood and urine flowing from the body following a centurion stab to the side) 'and WE know that HIS testimony is credible !'

But here is the PATTERN OF THREES which is a major RED FLAG for scholars looking for any 'history' in these passages at all

e.g. 'and it was the third hour (i.e. 9am) when they began to crucifiy him...'...;

"and it was the 6th hour, and lo, darkness covered the land of Yisro'el..."

"..and when it was the 9th hour (i.e. 3pm) and ho Iesous cried from the cross, Eli Eli llama sabacthani ('O my clan-god, my clan-god, why have you abandoned me?' which the authors of the Greek canonical Gospels placed (in various guises) into a 'now Greek-speaking-now Hebrew speaking-now Aramaic speaking' Iesous' mouth in the form of a quotation from the 'Daviddic' distress-Psalm 22);

Normally it takes 70-100 hours to kill an adult terran human crucified through the wrists on a Roman gibbet - not just six hours.

Moreover, the 2nd canonical Greek gospel ('according to Mark') says that Joseph of Har-Amathea took THE SWMA ('the living body') of ho Iesous down from the cross NOT the PTWMA ('the dead corpse') of ho Iesous down from the cross - which suggests that at least according to 'Mark' (whoever he was), thought to be the earliest of the canonical 'council approved' Greek gospels, ho Iesous was brought down from the cross while he was still alive...

The question is of course : did 'Mark' actually know the technical differences between SWMA = 'living body' and PTWMA 'corpse' in Greek (he might have been new to the language after all, his Greek is amongst the worst in the NT, 2nd only to the poor Greek of the 'book of Revelation' which makes little grammatical sense in Greek in so many places)

Peace out !!!!!!

edit on 6-4-2012 by Sigismundus because: stuteringgggg commputtterrrrr

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Regardless if you are Christian or not, there are those that believe that Our Savior, The Lord Jesus Christ, Died for us at 3:00 pm.
Which time zone?

Originally posted by Vodo34861

Just because I have to have 2 lines or I will get in trouble, not really a helpful rule in postings like this but hey anyways rules are rules and I like to follow the rules. So here are my 2nd lines.
Many believe that is true, but it is not. No such rule. No trouble.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Where ever your heart is, is your time zone.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Regardless if you are Christian or not, there are those that believe that Our Savior, The Lord Jesus Christ, Died for us at 3:00 pm. So before you post something good, bad or indifferent, I want to say to all of you, Peace be with you.
Of all of my post and threads that you may have read of mine, I would like for you to remember just four words of mine, Peace be with you.
If you find hatred, love or indifference with what I say, I still say, Peace be with you.

AMEN!!!

It was 3p, but it was actually Thursday not Friday.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Which time zone?

JST

(Jerusalem Standard Time)

Seriously though, I don't think they had time zones back then. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that please.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Many believe that is true, but it is not. No such rule. No trouble.

Yeah, the NKOTB always get scared by that, but the rule is basically so people don't post "attaboy" meaningless posts such as "+1" or "lol" et cetra.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

'according to Mark', whoever he was

John Mark, Peter's amanuensis.

There are different times because some writers were using Jewish reckoning and some were using Roman reckoning for the time of day.

It's not a big deal at all.

edit on 6-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
As-Salāmu `Alaykum praise be unto allah.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
As-Salāmu `Alaykum praise be unto allah.

Really? On Christ's resurrection weekend?

You guys neither believe he died on a cross or was resurrected from the dead 3 days later.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The belief in Jesus (and all other messengers of God) is required in Islam, and a requirement of being a Muslim.

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-

The Jews were tricked into thinking they killed Jesus

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I felt peace today, and I related it to the event, do you think we should rejoice in that, or repent, or how should we be?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

The Jews were tricked into thinking they killed Jesus.

You're 100% correct, He gave His life freely.

And the Romans weren't bewitched into thinking they killed Him but didn't.

P.S. Why are you copy/pasting the Quran in English anyways, you know it can only legitimately be read in Arabic.

edit on 7-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

I felt peace today, and I related it to the event, do you think we should rejoice in that, or repent, or how should we be?

Repent is "Metakoi" in the Greek, it means to change one's mind.

Have you?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
Hey not your typ

You wrote:

"John Mark, Peter's amanuensis. There are different times because some writers were using Jewish reckoning and some were using Roman reckoning for the time of day..."

UNQUOTE

Not sure what you mean by 'John-Mark' - certainly there is not a trace of any hard evidence that anyone who went by the name of John-Mark was the same person or persons who cobbled together the 2nd canonical Greek gospel - the work circulated in at least two forms (one longer, one shorter) anonymously, and may have originally been written in poetry using the 3 or 6-line Qinah lament meter (see the book of lamentations for examples of this metre).

But it is clear that it was somehow patched together by someone 'anonymously' (all the Greek canonical Gospels originally circulated without names or titles -and for the 2nd canonical Greek gospel, the earliest papyrus copies lack any mention of the name Mark (or even John-Mark) on their texts) after the fall of Jerusalem c. 72 CE from various oral sayings sources, various written (Greek? Aramaic? both?) sayings sources, and some kind of fulfilment LOGIA chart showing what alleged 'Messianic' prophecies were 'fulfilled' by 'Iesous' - also a midrashic source which took old testament stories and phrases and worked them into 'miracles' (the 'stilling of the storm' Nature miracle is in fact a legendary-Midrash built up of the Targum of Psalms 107:23-29 (as well as other OT verses)

“Lo, men went down to the sea in ships,
For they were doing business on the great waters;
and there they saw the deeds of YHWH
And pondered his Miracles in the Deep.
For behold, when he commanded, lo a storm wind was raised
Even a tempest which lifted up the waves of the sea.
Lo, they all began to mount up to the heavens,
then all at once, they crashed down to the depths;
Then their courage melted away in their distress :
they reeled and staggered like drunken men,
and were at their wits’ end and petrified :
Then they cried out to YHWH in their trouble,
and lo, he suddenly delivered them from their Distress;
yea, he made the Storm be still,
and the waves of the sea were suddenly hushed to a great Calm...”

We can see how 'Mark' (and also 'Matthew' and 'Luke' whoever these persons were) were lifting their images for this Nature Miracle whole cloth from the Psalms - but we can see parallels with the Legend of Jonah &The Fish, where Jonah is asleep in the boat in the midst of the storm - Jonah was a symbol for the earliest preaching Chrsitians, obviously.

and the 1st canonical Greek gospel ('according to Matthew' whoever he was) morrphs some Markan material which he exraced the Hebrew Scriptures ('Save, Lord, we die...")

earlier form: 'Mark' 4:35 "And during all this ho Iesous was asleep in the stern and the disciples wakee him up saying to him, Rabbi Rabbi, don't you even care that we are all drowning? So he arose from his sleep and began to rebuke them while a strong gale blew saying to them all: “Be Muzzled ! Don't rock [the boat]!"

Matthew 8:23 (notice the deliberate softenng of the disciples/ rebuke to their Teacher) :

'As ho Iesous was sleeping, the disciples went to wake him and spoke to him saying, “Save, Lord ! We are dying !" - the 1st canonical Greek gospel reflects an earlier Hebrew Aramaic Midrash - see the Targum of Psalms 20

YHWH gives victory to his Messiah (Gk: ho Christos)
Yea, he shall answer him from his heavenly sanctuary
with the victorious power of his right Hand
Therefore Save,O YHWH the king!
Answer us when we out call to you !

etc.

This smallish example is just to show how gospel stories and their miracles can be patched / cobbledd together 'midrashically' i.e. by expanding into narrative form various Hebrew and Aramaic 'scriptural sources' and often turned into a didactic legend or miracle in the process.

The Passion Narrative ('crucifixion stories' ) also use Midrashic techniques when it cobbles-threads together a woven narrative stolen from older threads of OT verses, e.g. 'suffering servant' verses & 'Daviddic/messianic' OT verses.

See the Targums of Psalms 22 & of Isaiah 53 = from which derive detailse.g.the piercing of hands/feet (Psalm 22:16b), dividing of garments & lots (Mark 15:24 =Psalm 22:18), the “wagging heads” of the mockers (Mark 15:20=Psalm 22:7), the cry of “Eli Eli, why have you abandoned me?” (Mark 15:34 =Psalm 22:1) etc.

'Matthew' adds

“He trusted in EL :Let him deliver him now if he delights in him” (Matthew 27:43 = Psalm 22:8), which includes (“for he said, ‘I am a son of the gods’” 27:43b “ = Psalm 22:9 placed into the mouth of the Centurion in 'Luke' as 'a son of the gods')- not history

So Mark's 3,6,9, pattern is also not 'history' but liturgical ' Midrash i.e. LEGEND
edit on 7-4-2012 by Sigismundus because: stutttttttering ccoooommmpuuteeeeerrrrrrrr

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Have you?

You can bet your five fingers on it, you can bet your ten toes on it, you can bet your life savings on it, you can know for sure unlike the world knows GOD.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Have you?

You can bet your five fingers on it, you can bet your ten toes on it, you can bet your life savings on it, you can know for sure unlike the world knows GOD.

Either I'm missing something or you made a mistake. I have 8 fingers, and no life's savings. It's very late and I'm working on 6 hours of sleep in the last 2 days.

What's the mystical application here? Throw me a bone please?

Did you meet my Jesus this weekend who turned this life completely upside down or not friend?

edit on 7-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join