It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane wreckage left over after F-18 crashes into building. (compare to 9/11)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by cavscout11cav

And the tails are on top of the jet not the bottom. Was it flying upside down?

Take a glass window pane, and smack one end of it with a hammer, and see if parts away from the immediate location of the impact break. The F-18 also used advanced composites (graphite/epoxy) in it's tail structures, extremely strong and durable, but once the structure is compromised under extreme loads, it crumbles rather easily. These composites can also be quite flammable, but to be honest I am not sure how you came to the conclusion that the tail was utterly destroyed, or that it came in inverted, here is a picture for you showing the tail structure (epenage) relatively intact.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If you think a plane hit the pentagon there's something wrong with you. If you think a plane went down in Pennsylvania there's also something wrong with you. I would love to know were all the bodies went, did they just evaporate?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Good Lord @@

Both Twin Towers were designed to Handel a 707 Airliner when it was Built to Crash into it

or did some one forget this

I Doubt Apartment Complexes were Built to Handel a Plane to Crash into it ...

Leslie E. Robertson - Chief Engineer of the World Trade Center

In 1966, Robertson designed the structural elements of the WTC towers
to withstand the impact of the largest airliner then in service, the Boeing 707.

what really Happened Boeing 707 - 767 Comparison / 911 WTC
whatreallyhappened.com...

Sorry No Comparison !!

better yet how about The Empire State Building Plane Crash

empire state building plane accident

B-25 Empire State Building crash
en.wikipedia.org...

Plane Hits Empire State Building

40 Wall Street is a 70-story skyscraper in New York City
en.wikipedia.org...

On the evening of May 20, 1946, a United States Army Air Forces C-45 Beechcraft airplane crashed into the north side of the building. The twin-engined plane was heading for Newark Airport on a flight originating at Lake Charles Army Air Field in Louisiana. It struck the 58th floor of the building at about 8:10 PM, creating a 20 by 10-foot (3.0 m) hole in the masonry, and killing all five aboard the plane, including a WAC officer. Fog and low visibility were identified as the main causes of the crash. At the time of the accident, LaGuardia Field reported a heavy fog that reduced the ceiling to 500 feet (150 m), obscuring the view of the ground for the pilot at the building's 58th story level. Parts of the aircraft and pieces of brick and mortar from the building fell into the street below, but there were no reported injuries of any of the estimated 2,000 workers in the building, nor anyone on the street.[7]

and Let not forget this

2010 Austin suicide attack
en.wikipedia.org...

49 pics of it
www.kvue.com...#/news/local/Plane-crashes-into-Northwest -Austin-building-84704727.html?gallery=y&img=1&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y

wow whole lotta fire and still up ! buy a tiny plane
upload.wikimedia.org..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Joseph Stack Piloting this( Piper PA-28 Cherokee ) into the the Austin IRS Building
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Since you are all so obsessed with fuel, just what caused the fires ??

I'm a former F-16 crew chief in the USAF, there is fuel internally and externally on fighter jets. The external fuel tanks are jettisoned before ejection, the 2 wing tanks and the center-line fuel tank. There remains the internal fuel because the first to be siphoned to the engine is the fuel from the externals.

Apparently they were NOT jettisoned, and the story of it trying to bail into the sea is not very accurate, missed that mark as well.

Yes they were jettisoned.

I would guess you also believe that jet fuel has magical capabilities of destroying massive steel structures ?

No that would be absurd. "Jet fuel with magical capabilities of destroying massive steel structures" isn't what brought down the towers. Don't straw man, it's an illogical way to rationalize and a stupid way to discuss things.

Now, back to Physics...

edit on 7-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Good point op never thought to look at it in that sense haha and its funny how the airforce said that the pilot had skill when the plane went through an apartment building.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek

Originally posted by Human_Alien

An airplane crash into a steel/concrete building is still a crash into a steel/concrete building.

If ANYTHING this super duper military jet should've penetrated and sliced into this measly building and come out the other side!
(The 9/11 Pentagon crash gave me that silly idea
)

Ah yes, and the trusty old Truther response:

PERSONAL INCREDULITY. When all else fails, always turn to it. Way to go!

Embrace ignorance my friend. You must enjoy it very much!

More like if you can't beat them in a debate, insult them and attack their personality. That is what you are doing here.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz
Good Lord @@

Sorry No Comparison !!

en.wikipedia.org...

The 1945 collision of a B25 with the Empire State Building bears no comparison with the Boeing 767 impacts to the Towers.

Leaving the differences in the construction of the Empire State and the Towers out of it the differences in the impacts are massive. Here are a few facts :-

Boeing 767's impacting the Towers estimated weight by FEMA 274,000 pounds or 124545 kg.

B25 D empty 19480 pounds and max weight 35,000 pounds. We know there was no bomb-load so an estimate of the crash aircraft would seem reasonable at 25,000 pounds or 11363 kg.

The Boeing 767's impacted at estimated speeds of 470 mph and 590 mph. A mean speed of 530 mph but lets round it down to 500 mph or 223.5 meters per second.

The B25 was lost in poor visibilty and its speed has been estimated at no more than 200 mph or 89.4 meters per second.

So we have all the facts we need to work out the kinetic energy of the Empire State impact and the Towers using the formula :-

E=1/2mv squared.

I calculate the energy of the Boeing 767 impacts to the Towers at 3,110,651,488 joules and the B25 impact at 45,408,593 joules.

In other words a single Boeing 767 impact was like 69 B25's hitting the same spot at the same moment.

This doesn't of course take any account of the energy imparted by burning jet fuel and it is estimated that each
767 was carrying 10,000 gallons which in itself would weigh about the same as 3 B25s.

So some comparison.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by starks1089
Good point op never thought to look at it in that sense haha and its funny how the airforce said that the pilot had skill when the plane went through an apartment building.

Navy or Marines, the USAF doesn't use F-18s for training purposes.

edit on 8-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
No offense my friend but, IT WAS A MISSLE (PERIOD).

www.youtube.com...

Please enjoy this Video..

As for my belief that it was indeed a Missle, When you ask yourself, about the only footage the Goverment released was a small blip then a explosion ??? When there was a dozen Cameras that captured the Footage yet, non of it is released WHY??? Its because That footage shows A MISSLE HITTINTG THE PENTAGON.

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by Ancient Champion

That's because some people don't trust the facts.

There's more than enough evidence about the crash at the pentagon.

Look here, for an example:

There is ZERO evidence for a conspiracy either at the pentagon or the WTC 1&2 and 7. Every time I see these claims they get smashed by facts. The truthers are no better than climate change deniers.

For a few years I wondered too. I didn't think the airplanes could collapse the buildings. I didn't support the Iraq mess in 2003. I kept my distance. For the past few years I've been exploring the whole thing and my conclusion is there's no conspiracy. There's a possibility that somebody somewhere knew that an attack was imminent and that maybe some groups were using this to their advantage, but I absolutely believe that these people, if any, were few and do not represent the majority of those who work in intelligence. There's also the possibility (likely) that there was negligence and bad choices in the chain of command. But before 9/11 happened we were wet behind the ears and this is almost understandable. But anytime a country goes to war, it's not something that should be taken lightly. If we make a mistake in our judgment and fight several years in a controversial war then somebody has to be held accountable.

The real conspiracy going on is in every country of the world. They're all fighting proxy wars. These proxy wars make matters worse. Ther's a lot of illegal activities and smuggling and payed hitmen. It's not acceptable, but it just goes on and on. So many things in life are like that. Have we no shame?
edit on 7-4-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Genxbeyond

So all these eyewitnesses imagined seeing a plane ?

911research.wtc7.net...

Got a link to your missile witnesses ?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

All lies, be sure of it....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genxbeyond
reply to post by Alfie1

All lies, be sure of it....

The dead people aboard the plane aren't lies. Parents and friends and family don't lay wreaths and flowers every 911 on lies, but they lay them on the graves of their mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters who died that day on the plane.

How absurd.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Originally posted by Wolfenz
Good Lord @@

Sorry No Comparison !!

en.wikipedia.org...

The 1945 collision of a B25 with the Empire State Building bears no comparison with the Boeing 767 impacts to the Towers.

Leaving the differences in the construction of the Empire State and the Towers out of it the differences in the impacts are massive. Here are a few facts :-

Boeing 767's impacting the Towers estimated weight by FEMA 274,000 pounds or 124545 kg.

B25 D empty 19480 pounds and max weight 35,000 pounds. We know there was no bomb-load so an estimate of the crash aircraft would seem reasonable at 25,000 pounds or 11363 kg.

The Boeing 767's impacted at estimated speeds of 470 mph and 590 mph. A mean speed of 530 mph but lets round it down to 500 mph or 223.5 meters per second.

The B25 was lost in poor visibilty and its speed has been estimated at no more than 200 mph or 89.4 meters per second.

So we have all the facts we need to work out the kinetic energy of the Empire State impact and the Towers using the formula :-

E=1/2mv squared.

I calculate the energy of the Boeing 767 impacts to the Towers at 3,110,651,488 joules and the B25 impact at 45,408,593 joules.

In other words a single Boeing 767 impact was like 69 B25's hitting the same spot at the same moment.

This doesn't of course take any account of the energy imparted by burning jet fuel and it is estimated that each
767 was carrying 10,000 gallons which in itself would weigh about the same as 3 B25s.

So some comparison.

Maybe i Wasnt Clear or you misunderstood !

I AM TALKING ABOUT this JET FIGHTER going Though Brick & Wood Complexes

comparing with the Empire State Building that is mostly made of Concrete and Rebar much like the Pentagon !

I am NOT comparing it to the WTC wasn't my Intention but the OP is Trying to Compare the 911/WTC/Pentagon with this F16 ... with Apartments Complexes of Brick and Wood

OK ? We are talking bout a Small military Craft here ( F16 )

But a crazy man named Stack just took his Buddy Holly like Plane and Smacked it into the IRS Building in Austin and Caused a Whole Lot of Damage and Fire

as I Have shown on this Thread of that Damage look like of the IRS Building
of which you Obviously did not bother to Look

In matter of fact Ive Mention (POSTED) theirs No Comparison of the b-25 vs 767 or even a 707 in quite a Few Threads about the Empire State Building & the Wold Trade Center Towers ...

I Know for a Fact a that the Towers did NOT go Down from just Airliner Planes and (Airliner Fuel)

I know some of the Workers (( Steel Workers )) that helped build the Towers!

Mohawk Ironworkers, Walking High Steel
Lost and Found Sound -- Those Who Built the WTC
www.npr.org...

The "Skywalkers" Mohawk Steel workers Would Argue with you !!
as i have talk to a Few where i live they said ..
They Were Built to Handle a 707 impact

Boeing 707
en.wikipedia.org...

well if you hear about the Conspiracy's of JFK's Magic Bullet and would think that Only (Patsy) Oswald did it
then I can Figure what realm you may be in

The Only Argument is

The Titanic was thought to be Unsinkable still be able to be afloat with ( 4 ) filled Compartments !
but it was more than that !! & The Top of those Compartments were not Sealed in which would of saved the Ship

well It may been a Flaw design, a over estimate of the WTC and a 707 Impact..

Right Now Members! of ATS you saying to your Self why the Hell are you talking about the Titanic!!!

Simple !!

After what Happened to the Empire State Building with a B-25 Rules and Regulations & Policys
Had Changed in Certain levels of Feet of Construction !! Reinforcements better high grade Materials etc!!

And!! Insurance! Enforced it!! !!

because of this!! Act..

Federal Tort Claims Act
en.wikipedia.org...

The Act was passed following the B-25 Empire State Building crash, where a bomber piloted in thick fog by Lieutenant Colonel William F. Smith, Jr. crashed into the north side of the Empire State Building. As NPR reported, "Eight months after the crash, the U.S. government offered money to families of the victims. Some accepted, but others initiated a lawsuit that resulted in landmark legislation. The Federal Tort Claims Act of 1946, for the first time, gave American citizens the right to sue the federal government."[4] Although the crash was not the initial catalyst for the bill, which had been pending in Congress for more than two decades, the statute was made retroactive to 1945 in order to allow victims of that crash to seek recovery.

about the Titanic
The same thing Happened with Rules and Regulation of Ocean Liners around the Globe !!
from the Trials of the Titanic ( White Star Line)

The Britannic ,, Titanic's Younger sister Ship hat a Complete Safety Makeover

Following the New Regulations that were brought Out from the Tragedy of the Titanic !

edit on 8-4-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Thanks for the clarification. I am so used to people trying to compare the Empire State with the Towers so apologies if I misunderstood you.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Absurb is how you look at words, on a screen. Absurb is how you believe that its truth. Absurd is how you dont question what you see in video or the typed word...

ALL LIES!

911 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Absurb is how you look at words, on a screen. Absurb is how you believe that its truth. Absurd is how you dont question what you see in video or the typed word...

ALL LIES!

911 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!

Clever quip bro, you should give credit to the person you got it from.

Tell that to the people mourning their fallen loved ones every year the 2nd week in September.

What is your favorite flavor btw?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakyclown
www.telegraph.co.uk... tm_medium=twitter

Amazing amount left over of the craft crashed - feel free to draw your own conclusions to the Pentagon and Penns crash on 9/11.

(this thread for information only I am not trying to start another thread war)

You do realize of course that military aircraft are designed in part to take punishment including bullets, high speeds and percussion blasts from missles? Of course an F-18 will have more wreckage than a fat civilian airliner designed to take off and land and withstand subsonic speeds?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

Originally posted by freakyclown
www.telegraph.co.uk... tm_medium=twitter

Amazing amount left over of the craft crashed - feel free to draw your own conclusions to the Pentagon and Penns crash on 9/11.

(this thread for information only I am not trying to start another thread war)

You do realize of course that military aircraft are designed in part to take punishment including bullets, high speeds and percussion blasts from missles? Of course an F-18 will have more wreckage than a fat civilian airliner designed to take off and land and withstand subsonic speeds?

I brought up the Physics aspect alone should answer the OPs questions, but no one has addressed that yet.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
911 WAS A INSIDE JOB IF YOU BELIEVE OTHERWISE, THEN YOU ARE A FOOL.

You have never done any research, you dont understand truth...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

911 WAS A INSIDE JOB IF YOU BELIEVE OTHERWISE, THEN YOU ARE A FOOL.

Okay, I'm a fool then. My questions are still unanswered. Why are you yelling?

You have never done any research, you dont understand truth...

I have done scores of research, I read about 3 books a month. What I do not understand is propaganda, it doesn't compute.

Again, what is your favorite flavor? You never said.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join