It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinion: Bosnia's lesson for Syrian slaughter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Opinion: Bosnia's lesson for Syrian slaughter, CNN Playing The Bosnian Card

www.cnn.com

Amanpour: Bosnia was where I learned objectivity does not mean drawing a false moral equivalence

Amanpour: In Bosnia the time came when the world could no longer watch as civilians were butchered

I covered that war, and many colleagues are gathering in Sarajevo now to commemorate what took hundreds of thousands of lives, left so many more wounded, and created millions of refugees. This was the war that introduced us to the term "ethnic cleansing."
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Tue Apr 10 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: BAN threasds must use the exact source title

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
CNN Playing the Bosnian Card and who didn't see this coming? just look at the comment and see what kind of reaction CNN wanted to hear.

Look at Rikardo reply.
( It is amazing, but in Bosnia also Russians supported bad guys (from Serbia), just like in Syria.)

I guess in his mind America are the saints and the Serbs are still Evil Serbs to him.

He acts like he knows everything about Bosnia yet he knows nothing, i am sadden that the American media decided to play the Bosnian Card.

And the viewers want the drones to bomb Syria?

Seems to me CNN Propaganda is working.

Look at the comment section and look what a user have said.

(when he should have sent off drones and cruisers .. )

Yeah and you know what carlloeber? civilians are always targeted by the drones and cruisers.

As of Right i am disgusted by CNN and angry.

Yes Amanpour may have covered the war in Sarajevo, but did you know that Ms Amanpour was with the Bosnian Muslims while they were killing the Serbian Civilians in cold blooded hands right in front of Amanpour?

Amanpour is a known liar.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Surbs are the most radical unhuman nation in earth. What are you talking? They raped and killed thousand of babies and women. Serb is shame nation with no honor. All crimes are known by UN and other nations. That was a reason US came and kicked your *assss*

Just look at what kind of replies Serbs are now getting i hope CNN is happy on what they have accomplished

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The media works diligently to ensure that people shout their 'facts' at the top of their lungs. When those facts aren't as warmly received as they would like...they create new facts.

They want us angry at each other.... this is how they do it.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
The media works diligently to ensure that people shout their 'facts' at the top of their lungs. When those facts aren't as warmly received as they would like...they create new facts.

If you thought that was worst check this.

Serbs are a belligerent, wild-eyed bunch that have tormented the Balkans (and the rest of South-Eastern Europe) for centuries. The true sickness and bestiality of their crimes shall, unfortunately, never be fully understood (or disclosed, for that matter). Their nationalism is of a particularly virulent form and has caused unseen horrors in modern Europe.

They have, literally, in the past 100 years had a conflict (usually spurned by an attempted land-grab) with all of their neighbors - almost always marked by brutal violence and mass murder. (Bulgaria, Hungary, Croatia, Bosnia, Albania, Kosovo)....

followed by some half-baked "historical" justification.

We should've learned from Japan that hyper-nationalist infections can only be cured with fire...

we made a huge mistake by not taking Gen. Wesley Clark's advice and devastating Serbia in 1999...followed by a regime change and a comprehensive re-education strategy (just like Japan, Germany after WW2). Serbia, to this day, continues to support the separatist movements in Bosnia and Kosovo.

Their interests are inherently adversarial to American interests and should be labeled as such (instead of treating them with kid gloves and allowing them to wash their hands of the mass murder they perpetrated).

Unbelievable its no wonder why Ron Paul wont win, neither will Rand with a mind set like that

That is from Tragic 'Romeo and Juliet' offers Bosnia hope on CNN. A comment by a guest.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by Maxmars

If you thought that was worst check this.

Serbs are a belligerent, wild-eyed bunch that have tormented the Balkans (and the rest of South-Eastern Europe) for centuries. The true sickness and bestiality of their crimes shall, unfortunately, never be fully understood (or disclosed, for that matter). Their nationalism is of a particularly virulent form and has caused unseen horrors in modern Europe.

They have, literally, in the past 100 years had a conflict (usually spurned by an attempted land-grab) with all of their neighbors - almost always marked by brutal violence and mass murder. (Bulgaria, Hungary, Croatia, Bosnia, Albania, Kosovo)....

followed by some half-baked "historical" justification.

We should've learned from Japan that hyper-nationalist infections can only be cured with fire...

we made a huge mistake by not taking Gen. Wesley Clark's advice and devastating Serbia in 1999...followed by a regime change and a comprehensive re-education strategy (just like Japan, Germany after WW2). Serbia, to this day, continues to support the separatist movements in Bosnia and Kosovo.

Their interests are inherently adversarial to American interests and should be labeled as such (instead of treating them with kid gloves and allowing them to wash their hands of the mass murder they perpetrated).

Unbelievable its no wonder why Ron Paul wont win, neither will Rand with a mind set like that

That is from Tragic 'Romeo and Juliet' offers Bosnia hope on CNN. A comment by a guest.

As a second generation American Serb, trust me, this isn't the worst of it. I usually just say I'm Croatian to avoid flak, most Americans are too ignorant to know the origin of my surname.

Hearing people spew hate online is one thing, hearing it in real life will make your blood boil.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It's funny how today should be about the 11 541 civilian victims of a city, this thread about the dangers of MSM propaganda on Syria situation and yet - Serbian people on ATS made it all about them somehow!!

CNN is definitely using this event as a Trojan horse so to speak, also giving it too much airtime (very unusual, no mention of these victims for the last 20 years) When people see this they are automatically going to connect this with civilian casualties in Syria. Opinion formed - check. This is totally predictable, CNN does this all the time.

It takes someone with knowledge on both issues to understand the difference. Bosnia 20 years ago is nothing like Syria today (or Libya yesterday, but it's too late to even matter anymore)

Opinion formed - check

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I don't think its exactly news to say that CNN in propaganda.

That is all.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt
It's funny how today should be about the 11 541 civilian victims of a city, this thread about the dangers of MSM propaganda on Syria situation and yet - Serbian people on ATS made it all about them somehow!!

CNN is definitely using this event as a Trojan horse so to speak, also giving it too much airtime (very unusual, no mention of these victims for the last 20 years) When people see this they are automatically going to connect this with civilian casualties in Syria. Opinion formed - check. This is totally predictable, CNN does this all the time.

It takes someone with knowledge on both issues to understand the difference. Bosnia 20 years ago is nothing like Syria today (or Libya yesterday, but it's too late to even matter anymore)

Opinion formed - check

The topic at hand is the discussion of NATO reusing Kosovo war lies to stir support for a bombing campaign in Syria. Anti-Serb sentiment is rampant on the CNN comments section, which is a direct result of said propaganda. The anti-Serbian, and anti-Syrian opinions in the comment section are what is being discussed.

Clearly, MSM propaganda is effective, I pray for the people of Syria.
edit on 6/4/12 by ZIVONIC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIVONIC

And ZIVONIC have you seen the new least comment? This Bosnian wants all the Bosnian Serbs massacred

I see Serbs still lying others and they lie so much, that they convinced themselves in the total bu*ls*it. Not true Serbs, stop lying for god sake, all world know the truth, and still you guys lying like during the war. Of course that expelled non-Serbs cannot return in half of the Bosnia, because still half of the Bosnia is occupied by Serbia. So it is like asking a Jew to return in Auschwitz and Nazi are still there? It won't happen, least not until half of the Bosnia is occupied by Serbia, and sooner or later Bosnia will be liberated completely.

Not true Serbs, stop lying for god sake, all world know the truth, and still you guys lying like during the war. Of course that expelled non-Serbs cannot return in half of the Bosnia, because still half of the Bosnia is occupied by Serbia.

sooner or later Bosnia will be liberated completely.
Really Rikardo? and that's how again? killing every last Serbs that exist in Bosnia? Forthcoming And claiming as your own Nation by exterminating every Serbian people?

Yeah i dont see how by doing that would bring back the None Serbs.

Good God

I hope the bastards at the Western Mainstream news outlets are happy at what they have done.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I find it rather interesting how propaganda is utilized to serve political interests and sway public opinion. During the first world war the Serbian people were describe as "plucky" and 'gallant' in their efforts at beating back the Austo-Hungarian armies that invaded. ( it took the Germany armies intervention to take control of Serbia ). During the second world war the people of Serbia and in particular the partisan forces were hailed as Heroes by the western media as the Croatian and Bosnian people who allied themselves with the Germans were justly demonized. Yugoslavia has always been the melting pot of Europe where east meets west, Christian meets Muslim and races converge. I wonder sometimes how Tito kept it all together for so long. Perhaps it was his ability to keep outside interests outside his borders.When he died so did a unified Yugoslavia and the hateful monsters took control. The only similarity I see between this and Syria is media using body count to gain public sympathy.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
All these blinkered xenophobes. Tsk, tsk. You would have thought that the whole of Europe should have learned by now that gross levels of hate, no matter who you aim them at, only ever result in devastation beyond mortal understanding, beyond our comprehension.

It does not matter wether the hater hates Jews, Muslims, white folks or black folks, wether they hate Catholics or Protestants, or wether they just hate EVERYONE, the attitude that allows someone to suggest that an entire ethnic group, are ALL scum, or ALL animals, is repugnant, and ought to be smashed at every stage.

It is vital that if ANYTHING be wiped out completely, it is unreasoning hatred, on any basis. People should be FORCED to only judge a person by thier individual merits and failings, without bias. If anything it is an inability to do this that is a mark of someone who is not fit to breathe our air. Perhaps if all the people in the world who are capable of loving thier fellow human being without allowing xenophobic attitudes to inform thier behaviour got together, we could wipe out all haters in one fell swoop, all over the world!

You see how ridiculous that sounded? Thats exactly the problem. The only solution to the most dangerous attitudes, is the one they would suggest for the rest of the world, but not themselves. Makes it awful difficult to deal with such people from a moral high ground.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by ZIVONIC

And ZIVONIC have you seen the new least comment? This Bosnian wants all the Bosnian Serbs massacred

I see Serbs still lying others and they lie so much, that they convinced themselves in the total bu*ls*it. Not true Serbs, stop lying for god sake, all world know the truth, and still you guys lying like during the war. Of course that expelled non-Serbs cannot return in half of the Bosnia, because still half of the Bosnia is occupied by Serbia. So it is like asking a Jew to return in Auschwitz and Nazi are still there? It won't happen, least not until half of the Bosnia is occupied by Serbia, and sooner or later Bosnia will be liberated completely.

Not true Serbs, stop lying for god sake, all world know the truth, and still you guys lying like during the war. Of course that expelled non-Serbs cannot return in half of the Bosnia, because still half of the Bosnia is occupied by Serbia.

sooner or later Bosnia will be liberated completely.
Really Rikardo? and that's how again? killing every last Serbs that exist in Bosnia? Forthcoming And claiming as your own Nation by exterminating every Serbian people?

Yeah i dont see how by doing that would bring back the None Serbs.

Good God

I hope the bastards at the Western Mainstream news outlets are happy at what they have done.

It's just best to avoid hateful comments like this, not worth getting upset over. The only thing Bosnia has to worry about conquering is its massive unemployment rate.

But really, using 90's NATO propaganda to justify Syrian action only strengthens my belief that the whole Syrian situation is fabricated. FSA, KLA, CIA, etc.
edit on 7/4/12 by ZIVONIC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

So you're getting all bent out of shape about anonymous,racist online comments?

For all we know they are sitting in a home in La Jolla Ca. Don't pay it so much mind.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by cprnicus
During the second world war the people of Serbia and in particular the partisan forces were hailed as Heroes by the western media as the Croatian and Bosnian people who allied themselves with the Germans were justly demonized.

Oh boy, a star for spreading disinformation, makes me wonder.
Maybe it's a good thing the general public doesn't care at all what happened 70 years ago. Just as a reminder a little bit of math.

'..there were some 800,000 soldiers in the Partisan army. Composition by region - late 1944'

Bosnia and Herzegovina 100,000
Croatia 150,000
Kosovo 20,000
Macedonia 66,000
Montenegro 30,000
Serbia (proper) 204,000
Slovenia 38,000
Vojvodina 40,000

edit on 8-4-2012 by Exitt because: .

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

Wikipedia numbers? Keep in mind when you post them that something like 20% of both Bosnian and Croatian Partisans were ethnically Serbian.

Also remember that the Partisans were not the only group actively fighting the Axis during WWII. The vast majority of the other resistance groups were Serbian. Off topic, but interesting none the less.
edit on 8/4/12 by ZIVONIC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

That isn't disinformation want a picture of it?

The Bosnian Muslims allied with the Germans and the Grand Mufti.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Yugoslavia has always been the melting pot of Europe where east meets west, Christian meets Muslim and races converge.

Uhhh, you must of missed the part where they and their neighbors spent centuries fighting off invading hordes of arabs/muslims.
edit on 9-4-2012 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

Yugoslavia has always been the melting pot of Europe where east meets west, Christian meets Muslim and races converge.

Uhhh, you must of missed the part where they and there neighbors spent centuries fighting off invading hordes of arabs/muslims.

Arabs?
GTFO

They fought the Ottoman Empire, not the Arabs ffs. They didnt fight them off, most of the former Yugoslavia was under the Ottoman rule for around 500 years.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

'..there were some 800,000 soldiers in the Partisan army. Composition by region - late 1944'

Another thing i would like to point out.

There were no Croatians in the Partisan army, i know that because one of my family member and her father was a commander of the Partisan army.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join