It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Blackwater Contractors Driving Over Iraqi Woman

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I think their entire attitude shows why they should not be allowed to have weapons, let alone be authorized to use them with hardly any oversight, if any at all. I will say however that it is difficult to discern what occurred in the second video, being so far away. It does seem as if the woman walks right into the vehicle, but I don't know.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Ive watched that second vid over 6 times now, while they do hit the person, it does not look like they swerved into her. Yes the vehicle moves to the left a bit(but it does not move enough to look like a dibliberate swerve), but there was on coming traffic perhaps? Also, its almost as if the person just stepped off the curb and either didnt see or didnt care if the truck was there.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie0827
I've worked alongside blackwater when I was in the Navy, they are arrogant a**holes who think they are above the law, and the way they were driving was the way they normally drive, they are much worse when they are responding to "an emergency". This is first hand experience and any defending them without first hand experience are talking out their ass!

No argument from me about them being arrogant.....have known quite a few with Blackwater and many more with Kroll. I think my main argument with the OP is that we don't KNOW what the situation was. We are simply presented with a couple video clips and expected to think that these guys are definitely Blackwater because of what the youtube poster says and led to believe that there is absolutely no reason for their actions when all we have is a short clip with no reference to the situation we are watching. It is typical of anyone with blinders on that wants to only see one side. I am not arguing for either side, simply pointing out that we don't have any reference for the story behind the clips and the clips are very short with only what they YouTube channel wants us to see and react to. Typical MSM trying to spin a story one way or the other. What if these guys were rushing to a bombing scene where 150 civilians were involved and needed assistance? We don't know where they were going or what they were doing so how can anyone say these actions are not warranted, and on the opposite side how can anyone say they are since WE DON'T KNOW the circumstances?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Looking at the second video.....

The Humvee did sway toward the civilian a bit. Here is a few possibilities why.

1. The Humvee swayed naturally (sometimes people sway in traffic we all do) -this should only hold true if the driver did not see the civilian which would be a poor excuse considering the fact that he should be extra aware of such things-

2. The Humvee swerved away from something on the other side and swerved toward the civilian in the process. (keep in mind that the Humvee did not veer OFF the road and it maintained its course throughout the entire video)

3. The driver seen the civilian and swayed toward and hit the civilian on purpose. (this doesn't seem likely because although the Humvee did sway toward the civilian it did maintain its course by staying in the road)

Now lets look at the civilian.....

The civilian did walk into the road in front of a large and very obvious amount of both civilian traffic as well as a military convoy.

1. The civilian did walk OFF the sidewalk and into the road.

2. The civilian walked into the Humvee after walking off of the sidewalk and into the road.

3. The person that was hit by the Humvee had walked into the road with a blatant disregard for a massive amount of traffic and thus was struck by the front passenger side corner of the Humvee (not run over I might add).

EDIT TO ADD:

I conclude that based on the evidence provided. The driver is NOT at fault. We don't know why the Humvee swayed toward the civilian slightly. It could have been for many reasons but the fact is he stayed in the road so it doesn't matter.

The civilian on the other hand walked off of the side walk and into the road and into a large amount of blatant and obvious traffic.

-Alien
edit on 4/6/2012 by Alien Abduct because: spelling correction

edit on 4/6/2012 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/6/2012 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by popsmayhem

No one said anyone got run over in the first video, just you. I can't believe you watched this video and are defending the Black Water folks. It looks like I will continue to disagree with everything you say and stand for.

You earned a

edit on 6-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

I am not defending anyone
but when any stopped car
or women next to the road could
be armed with a bomb ready to kill you..
Things get hectic. The video is blatant anti-american
propaganda all i'm saying.

COULD be armed???

Was she armed with a bomb??

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Some people on here have forgot how dangerous it was to travel by road in Iraq when this video was shot? You can find a whole bunch of videos on Youtube of convoys being attacked by insurgents. I am not going to defend or justify running over anyone and leaving. However, we have to keep in mind the reality of the situation. It was dangerous to stop on the road in Iraq. Staying in one place too long would make it easier for the enemy to fire an RPG or strafe them with small arms fire.

A couple of soldiers or marines get killed, and in the melee air support is called to demobilized the perceived enemy location. So, we not only have a dead woman on the side of the road but some buildings destroyed and the possibility for more civilian casualties. When the horns are blaring and a large convey is barreling through at excessive speed? That would tell me to get the hell out of the way. The woman being hit was a tragedy, but we have to keep in mind how dangerous the roads were at the time the video was shot.
edit on 6-4-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Retikx

So you missed the part where the US Black Water contractors drove over an Iraqi woman?

That did not happen..
She did not get ran over,
she threw herself into the
side of the suv and she looked
fine nothing *ROLLED* OVER her.
Lies.

She didn't get rolled over... but she certainly got hit by a fast moving armored vehicle. How can you say she looked fine???

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Despicable behavior. Just awful.

BTW, the company is not called Blackwater anymore. Blackwater doesn't exist.

It's now called Xe Services.

topics.nytimes.com...

Founded in 1998 by former Navy Seals, Blackwater Worldwide says it has trained tens of thousands of security personnel to work in hot spots around the world.

The company, now called Xe Services, was once the United States’ go-to contractor in Iraq and Afghanistan. It has been under intense scrutiny since 2007, when Blackwater guards were accused of killing 17 civilians in Nisour Square in Baghdad.

The company and its executives and personnel have faced civil lawsuits, criminal charges and Congressional investigations surrounding accusations of murder and bribery. In April 2010, federal prosecutors announced weapons charges against five former senior Blackwater executives, including its former president, Erik D. Prince.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MiloNickels

How can you say she looked fine???

I think he meant that she looked good enough to bang
with an armored vehicle since she certainly didn't look fine afterwards.

Some people see what they want and this is no exception. The woman never got up and I hardly think those guys on the street were running over to congratulate her for surviving the impact.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
DUI much?
2nd

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Since when did conquering nations involve manners?
Boots on the ground did it too:

Now if you ask them, troops in convoys (and security detail) will tell you that they are told not to stop as it is one tactic employed to hold up a convoy or dignitary so as to draw a bead on them from ambush. Thats how you get these kinds of incidents.

The alternative is to hold up everybody, get out and swarm to the victim... and thats when the IED or RPG goes off.

I didn't say that is any kind of justification, just policy of armed convoys on patrol in a war torn country (or occupiers of same).

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Can someone please explain to me how a person is allowed to lie to all of our faces, and tell us that we arent seeing what we are seeing, repeatedly, over and over, without being banned? This is not a matter of opinion, this is a straight up bald-faced lie directly to my face.

And it has happened MANY times. Why are there no repercussions for deliberately encouraging ignorance, when this site's motto claims to deny it?

I see whats in that video. Anyone telling me that she wasnt run over on purpose, when THIS IS ACTUALLY BEING REPORTED AS FACT is obviously not telling the truth. But based on their wanton disregard for the human life involved, obviously lying is no moral stumbling block.
edit on 6-4-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
Some people on here have forgot how dangerous it was to travel by road in Iraq when this video was shot? You can find a whole bunch of videos on Youtube of convoys being attacked by insurgents. I am not going to defend or justify running over anyone and leaving. However, we have to keep in mind the reality of the situation. It was dangerous to stop on the road in Iraq. Staying in one place too long would make it easier for the enemy to fire an RPG or strafe them with small arms fire.

A couple of soldiers or marines get killed, and in the melee air support is called to demobilized the perceived enemy location. So, we not only have a dead woman on the side of the road but some buildings destroyed and the possibility for more civilian casualties. When the horns are blaring and a large convey is barreling through at excessive speed? That would tell me to get the hell out of the way. The woman being hit was a tragedy, but we have to keep in mind how dangerous the roads were at the time the video was shot.
edit on 6-4-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

but but but they welcomed us as liberators right? throwing rose petals at our advancing soldiers feet?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Originally posted by Wolfie0827
I've worked alongside blackwater when I was in the Navy, they are arrogant a**holes who think they are above the law, and the way they were driving was the way they normally drive, they are much worse when they are responding to "an emergency". This is first hand experience and any defending them without first hand experience are talking out their ass!

No argument from me about them being arrogant.....have known quite a few with Blackwater and many more with Kroll. I think my main argument with the OP is that we don't KNOW what the situation was. We are simply presented with a couple video clips and expected to think that these guys are definitely Blackwater because of what the youtube poster says and led to believe that there is absolutely no reason for their actions when all we have is a short clip with no reference to the situation we are watching. It is typical of anyone with blinders on that wants to only see one side. I am not arguing for either side, simply pointing out that we don't have any reference for the story behind the clips and the clips are very short with only what they YouTube channel wants us to see and react to. Typical MSM trying to spin a story one way or the other. What if these guys were rushing to a bombing scene where 150 civilians were involved and needed assistance? We don't know where they were going or what they were doing so how can anyone say these actions are not warranted, and on the opposite side how can anyone say they are since WE DON'T KNOW the circumstances?

Sorry, Blackwater DOES NOT assist in civilian causality situations, they are there for the contractors only, they would not be responding to a terrorist bombing. While I agree we only have the reporters word and only see a short clip, I am going by my personal experience with these guys and what I see is normal "peaceful" operation the way they do it. It's no different then when they were shooting surrendering Iraqi soldiers in the Gulf War.
edit on 6-4-2012 by Wolfie0827 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

but but but they welcomed us as liberators right? throwing rose petals at our advancing soldiers feet?

Thats bullstink. No nation or peoples ever welcomes Conquerers as they know we are in the case of Iraq. The ones that do or did are either dead or ostracized by now. Thats called collaboration with the enemy. And the ones that got filmed showing gratitude are either paid or looking to get paid.They don't care who is in charge as long as they are making money. Would you welcome the Russians or Chinese if they showed up in your hood tomorrow? I don tink zo...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

While I agree with you I want to continue to make it clear these are not US troops. They are hired mercenaries/goons from a US firm called Black Water, that were hired to train the Iraqi police and military. Does anyone feel comfortable with these men training anyone? Not I!
reply to post by Swills

My mistake for calling them U.S. soldiers, but as you say, Black Water is a U.S. paid security firm. I don't think Afghans or Iraqi citizens distinguish any difference between them and U.S. soldiers. They were hired by the U.S. government so in the end, they still represent the U.S..

As for American soldiers, there have been enough atrocities done by some U.S. soldiers which have caused our occupation there to become criminal in the eyes of many Iraqi and Afghanistan civilians.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Regardless of where the guys were going, they were not under fire at any point in the video and the LOCAL people that they are supposed to be there to PROTECT are the ones who suffered.

When liberating civilians from a dictatorship, it is best not to drive into people crossing the road that might be confused by some foreigners blasting down the wrong side of the road. Also might be best not to drive into and through the locals cars on the road which would severly hamper that families daily life (the same daily life that is already upside down due to a foreign military entering their country to overthrow the dickhead leader)

You can't drive into random cars and CIVILIANS because you are scared and think you have the right to do what you want. The military was there to liberate the civilians and the security force was there to do the dangerous protection missions... but just because they are doing a very dangerous job - doesn't give them the right to waver the HUMAN RIGHTS of CIVILIANS!!

The actions in the original vids cannot be defended. There were no terrorists or hostiles in any part of the clips.
edit on 6-4-2012 by FlyingSorcerer because: because because because

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Without a doubt absolutely disgraceful behaviour and abuse of power.
Shooting and ramming civilian cars off the road is just being a total d***.
I really hate people like that. They have a stuck up attitude and it's almost like a computer troll who feels brave because their protected behind the screen of a computer, just like these guys rolling around the streets with big guns and armored cars.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

How do you know that is a women
and not a man in a burqa ready to
let a bomb go off on the side of the road?
Gurilla warfare hurts everyone, especially
the people in that country supporting it..
Don't know who is who..
Blatant propaganda no one got *rolled over*
That is a lie!

If this site had a sub forum called "Greatest (s)Hit of the year, im sure this post would be in the top 10. According to your logic, everyone wearing a burqa should be shot dead because they are potential suicide bombers.

Can you blame the Iraqi people for supporting guerilla warfare ? They want all of those contracters out of their country. The contracters have to get the # out of there.

Funny how you so easily scream propaganda at everything that doesent suits your agenda

Let's just take a look at this thread:

Muslim Father Aziz Yazdanpanah Honor-Massacres Entire Family . . . in Texas (Blog opinion)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In it you wrote:

Well at least he didn't hijack a plane,
or run into a wal-mart with a suicide bomb
strapped to his chest. What a guy

So, there was no evidence that it was a honor killing, no evidence that the killer was an extremist, no evidence what so ever that it was religious motivated murder, just an oppinion of a biased blogger. Yet it was enough for you to conclude that this killer was a muslim extremist.

Propaganda ey ? Can you even look yourself in the mirror?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Southtown POD is the music
and might I say exceptional
choice, I love POD.

First video
They did not run anyone over
they acidently hit a car that
was blocking the road!
Blatant propaganda

Second part, the lady clearly walks
where the car is going to hit her,
this is not the military so can't blaim them
edit on 6-4-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

And what if that woman was your mother/sister/wife? And what if the car hit was your own and you had money barely to sustain yourself and your family and that car was a lifeline? I think you would be singing a different tune but hey, it's far away from you, some unknown "ragheads" got overrun in some video and you be a good patriot and justify it whatever way you can.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join