It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Blackwater Contractors Driving Over Iraqi Woman

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I don't believe this has been stated yet, but I'm so happy that whomever decided to leak these videos did so. They must've been on the convoy when these incidents happened or was shown the videos at a later time. Either way, they felt it was their duty to make sure these got out. Whether this whistleblower was exposing these videos just so they could sleep at night or because they are truly disgusted at all the horrible things that go on, I salute the person(s) who leaked these vids to the public.

Imagine what we don't see that may never be reported.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is what it sounds like to get shot at. I hear none of these sounds in the OP video...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
While there is no proof of the identities of the trucks or drivers, could be military could be contractors could be any of varying nations ect, im still saddened by what i saw.

The taunting of the people walking around the streets by the gunner on the humvee was bad. We're in their country and treating them that way?

But im pretty sure we've done far worse, and im sure they have more than enough reasons to hate us. So in the end, nothing really changed, i think the war(s) were a bad idea to begin with. 911 was an inside job, and the wars were an excuse to make rich men richer.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Also, did you notice that when she started out the vehicle was toward the other side of the road, they veered into her....

To be honest we cannot see a traffic signal so we do not know who had the right of way. Although there was oncoming traffic that is evident in the video. There was also what looked like a van parked on the side of the road that they may have been trying to avoid,but I can't say for sure as I can only go by what is seen in the video. I will say this again I do not defend their actions but I can't pass judgement on this video alone.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Southtown POD is the music
and might I say exceptional
choice, I love POD.

First video
They did not run anyone over
they acidently hit a car that
was blocking the road!
Blatant propaganda

Second part, the lady clearly walks
where the car is going to hit her,
this is not the military so can't blaim them
edit on 6-4-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

The first video, they hit multiple cars, and then can be clearly heard saying "there ya go, there ya go". Doesnt imply an accident at all.

The second video, you can clearly hear the person in the vehicle saying "oh my god, oh my god". They knew it was wrong.

You truly do have a knack for blaming the victim.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
This is what it sounds like to get shot at. I hear none of these sounds in the OP video...

That doesn't do much for the OP's argument. We simply saw a clip of a video, both in the OP and the one you posted. We do not know what happened prior to the clips. They could have been fired on just like in your clip and were trying to get out of the area and back to a base. There are reasons for driving fast in a convoy...your video gives a perfect example for why. While there may not have been shots heard in the OP video, there is no telling what happened prior to the video or if there was a emergent situation they were headed to.

Simple fact is we don't have ALL the facts and are jumping to conclusions on both sides of this argument.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Ok sorry folks, dont flame me but, watching the video of the woman getting "hit", I was expecting her to get hit head on with the front of the HUMVEE, or the right front fender. To me it just looks as if she walked right INTO the side of the HUMVEE.
edit on 4/6/2012 by GenRadek because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Correct we don't have all the facts about the OP video but we do have the fact that the last video I posted they were 100% attacked and even then I didn't see them hit another car and definitely not a person even though both were present and they were trying to escape.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Correct we don't have all the facts about the OP video but we do have the fact that the last video I posted they were 100% attacked and even then I didn't see them hit another car and definitely not a person even though both were present and they were trying to escape.

There also wasn't the crowded street presence in your video. Different scenario's justify different tactics. I am sure if the streets had been crowded in your video and they were being fired upon, there would be no hesitation to gas it and push cars/civilians out of the way. Let me ask...if you were on a crowded street in your car and someone started shooting at you what would you do? Would you gas it and try to avoid people and cars to the best of your ability or would you sit there and allow them to kill you because you were worried about the safety of the others around you because you are in traffic?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I guess there are plenty of sheeple here too on ATS. Can nobody even tell what's morally correct from what is wrong without an "authority" figure telling them so anymore?
I typed alot more than this and deleted it, since i've seen these types of people all over especially in the post 9/11 era, and I know nothing or no one will change their mind except CNN or their other main stream thinkers.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It is also quite obvious from your video that those firing on the US caravan could care less about the safety of their own civilians in the street.....

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

The only problem is that not every incident is the same. So it is hard to compare one with the other.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

There also wasn't the crowded street presence in your video. Different scenario's justify different tactics. I am sure if the streets had been crowded in your video and they were being fired upon, there would be no hesitation to gas it and push cars/civilians out of the way. Let me ask...if you were on a crowded street in your car and someone started shooting at you what would you do? Would you gas it and try to avoid people and cars to the best of your ability or would you sit there and allow them to kill you because you were worried about the safety of the others around you because you are in traffic?

If it were me I would be there to fight. In that case I would move the vehicle to a position of defense and get out and shoot back. I mean whats the point of going to war if all you do is run at the first sign of a fight. I mean if were all gonna run anyway why don't we run all the way back to the US.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

If it were me I would be there to fight. In that case I would move the vehicle to a position of defense and get out and shoot back. I mean whats the point of going to war if all you do is run at the first sign of a fight. I mean if were all gonna run anyway why don't we run all the way back to the US.

I could be wrong but I think earlier you stated you are a marine, and as a marine in a combat situation riding in a convoy this is what you were trained to do? Stop your car, get out and return fire in a hostile environment/situation?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

What are you talking about. In the second video where the lady gets hit there are only three people in the video. The lady who gets hit is one and two others come to her aid. In my video I count at least 15 people in the video. Well more than triple amount of people present then the second video showing the lady get hit.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I could be wrong but I think earlier you stated you are a marine, and as a marine in a combat situation riding in a convoy this is what you were trained to do? Stop your car, get out and return fire in a hostile environment/situation?

I never said I was anything more then recruited by Black Water several years back. You simply asked what I would do and I told you.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

If it were me I would be there to fight. In that case I would move the vehicle to a position of defense and get out and shoot back.

Even if you do not know who is the enemy. Remember insurgents blend in with the locals as a way to not be noticed.So how do you tell civilian from those trying to kill you? And I know the obvious answer is the one carrying the AK or RPG.(sorry just a little humor) but really you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

Even if you do not know who is the enemy. Remember insurgents blend in with the locals as a way to not be noticed.So how do you tell civilian from those trying to kill you? And I know the obvious answer is the one carrying the AK or RPG.(sorry just a little humor) but really you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

You answered it for me. I would shoot the one shooting at me. Pretty simple really. I mean you hear the shots. We even have technology these days that tell exactly where the shot came from. Wouldn't be to hard to figure out.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Southtown POD is the music
and might I say exceptional
choice, I love POD.

'Killing for Jesus' by The Circle Jerks would have been more appropriate...

Originally posted by popsmayhemFirst video
They did not run anyone over
they acidently hit a car that
was blocking the road!
Blatant propaganda

Second part, the lady clearly walks
where the car is going to hit her,
this is not the military so can't blaim them
edit on 6-4-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

Or they're behaving like arrogant arseholes, and while not the 'Military' are contracted to do a job that was previously done by the military and are just as bad as any other gang of thugs with guns. Not even stopping in the second video is abhorrent and goes against any concept of humanity. Ashamed to be human when I see this sort of thing.
edit on 6-4-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I've worked alongside blackwater when I was in the Navy, they are arrogant a**holes who think they are above the law, and the way they were driving was the way they normally drive, they are much worse when they are responding to "an emergency". This is first hand experience and any defending them without first hand experience are talking out their ass!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join