It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Blackwater Contractors Driving Over Iraqi Woman

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
reply to post by Jameela

I would like that the US is out of the Middle East also. We just have a couple of more problems over there. We cannot have dictators going around killing off their loyal subjects. I bet their may are some people in Syria that would like nothing more than to see the US Cavalry roll over the hill about now. There is also the issue of that little festering puss pocket known as the Iranian government. I hope that once we can get that place cleaned up over there the general population can handle it from there out.

truthsyria.wordpress.com...
^^^ for your reading enjoyment about the pack of lies you are being fed concerning Syria

Iran is another pack of lies.. but Iran is off topic, and as there are a great many of those threads on this site exposing the lies I am sure you can do a quick search...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

now let us discuss the pot calling the kettle black;

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Stay out of our countries, our business is not your business

edit on 7-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jesiaha

Reality is the AK is a hunk of junk at 500 yards.
It is not a hero’s rifle

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by allprowolfy

You do understand tis occured back in 2006 and has already been dealt with right?

Blackwater got nailed with over 200 violations of their contract / procedures and law.

But by all means lets get pissed over an incident thats done and overwith and already dealt with,.

I think the purpose of threads like this is to give a venue to emotionally-charged sentiment, and therefore timeliness (or accuracy)is really not relevant.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

reply to post by Jameela

I would like that the US is out of the Middle East also. We just have a couple of more problems over there. We cannot have dictators going around killing off their loyal subjects. I bet their may are some people in Syria that would like nothing more than to see the US Cavalry roll over the hill about now. There is also the issue of that little festering puss pocket known as the Iranian government. I hope that once we can get that place cleaned up over there the general population can handle it from there out.

truthsyria.wordpress.com...
^^^ for your reading enjoyment about the pack of lies you are being fed concerning Syria

I guess this means you won’t be answering my question about who was the great satin that caused all the problems before the United States existed?
It’s a shame there are still governments in the world that can punish you in the name of God. How barbarity is it that someone can be stoned to death for having an affair or not wearing your burka. Good to see you all have everything under control over there. Think about that as the Taliban come to your house to cut your feet off.

Iran is another pack of lies.. but Iran is off topic, and as there are a great many of those threads on this site exposing the lies I am sure you can do a quick search...

now let us discuss the pot calling the kettle black;

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Stay out of our countries, our business is not your business

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

I guess this means you won’t be answering my question about who was the great satin that caused all the problems before the United States existed?
It’s a shame there are still governments in the world that can punish you in the name of God. How barbarity is it that someone can be stoned to death for having an affair or not wearing your burka. Good to see you all have everything under control over there. Think about that as the Taliban come to your house to cut your feet off.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Ahhh the Taliban, another CIA creation www.youtube.com...

And I think its a shame people can punish other people in the name of social control, sounds better than God right?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jesiaha

You seem to forget how widedly spread is Mr. AK47 in countries where gun laws are looser than the US.

Why do you suggest that I have forgotten?

You should take a good 10% out of every asset of your equation to make a good 30% of those people who will only fend for themselves creating militia adding to the chaos.

The math breaks down as follows:

www.cia.gov...

Manpower fit for military service:
males age 16-49: 60,620,143
females age 16-49: 59,401,941 (2010 est.)

120,000,000 individuals considered fit for military service (and there are some old, out-of-shape veterans who will still be able to cause quite a ruckus). To say that 5% would be willing to take up arms is a very, very, conservative estimate. You're looking at a 6 million strong guerrilla warfare force.

I'll say this again. You're #ing crazy if you think there is a military power on the face of this planet that will be capable of seizing control of the continent of the U.S.

The U.S. military cannot do it. Not in its wildest dreams. All the armies of the world, combined, could go on a mass extermination spree - to cut the population down to manageable numbers and confine it to a smaller region that could be controlled... but... good luck.

In a training exercise we just did - we took a bunch of amateurs, paired them with experienced fire-team leaders, and took on a group of trained security personnel and watch-standers with years of service and combat deployments under their belt.

With just a few hours of instruction and a conscious effort on communication; we were able to drive that whole damned base outside of its mind and would have forced a bug-out under live-fire conditions (though we would have taken heavy casualties... on the other hand, us marksmen would have neutralized the MG nests from the get-go).

I'm sorry, buddy.... WE don't even have control of this country. What in God's name makes you think anyone else is going to be able to get control of it?

..... and all of this has strayed delightfully way off-topic.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Ahhh the Taliban, another CIA creation www.youtube.com...

And I think its a shame people can punish other people in the name of social control, sounds better than God right?

If you call the execution of innocent people under sharia law social control, that means your right.
I didn’t think you would answer my question

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
I'm sorry, buddy.... WE don't even have control of this country. What in God's name makes you think anyone else is going to be able to get control of it?

If you all got out, we would manage by ourselves, but profit matters to the US;

The aim in Iraq is to increase capacity to a goal of 12 million barrels per day, this will help meet the demand for energy over the next decade and keep a lid on oil prices. (For related reading, see Unearth Profits in Oil Exploration and Production.)

The Players

Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM) is involved in the re-development of the Iraqi oil fields, and is working on phase one of the West Qurna fields. Exxon Mobil plans eight new wells here in 2010, and the workover of 50 more to increase production. The current production at West Qurna is 244,000 barrels of oil per day, and the company has committed to increasing this output to 2.325 million barrels of oil per day.

Royal Dutch Shell (NYSE:RDS.A, RDS.B) is also involved in Iraq, and is partnering with Exxon Mobil at the West Qurna field. The company also won a concession at the Majnoon field.

At Majnoon, current production is 45,000 barrels of oil equivalent (BOE) per day, and the company has plans to get production up to 175,000 BOE per day by 2012. Royal Dutch Shell believes that the Majnoon field has the potential to produce 1.8 million barrels per day by 2017.

Eni SpA (NYSE:E) was awarded the concession at the Zubair Field, along with Occidental Petroleum (NYSE:OXY). The baseline production at this field was set at 182,000 barrels per day, and the companies expect to increase gross production to 1.2 million barrels per day in 7 years. The companies are planning on having 150 employees in the country by the end of 2010.

The Zubair field is located in Southern Iraq, and started producing in 1951. Eni estimates that only 7% of the original oil in place has been produced to date. The company plans to drill 46 new wells and 100 walkovers from 2011 to 2013 to get production moving higher.

CNOOC Ltd. (NYSE:CEO) just finalized an agreement with the Iraqi government to develop the Missan Oil Field in the southern part of the country. The Chinese oil company has agreed to increase production here to 450,000 barrels per day within six years from the current level of approximately 100,000 barrels per day.

The Iraqi goal of increasing oil production capacity to 12 million barrels per day may seem like a dream to some, but Iraq and its foreign partners are not wasting any time getting started. The success of this endeavor will have a large impact on future oil prices

iraqproject.com... Oil and gas investments in Iraq are expected to increase by 24% in 2012

Also:

Halliburton earned, according to MSN Money, Halliburton’s KBR, Inc. division earned $17.2 billion in Iraq war-related revenue from 2003-2006 alone.

The Washington Group International has parlayed its expertise the repair, restore, and maintenance of high-output oil fields into $931 million in Iraq-related revenue from 2003-2006.

Perini (controlled by financier Richard Blum) is one of the more controversial companies to have scored big-time Iraq war money. That’s because Blum’s wife, Senator Dianne Feinstein, appears to have used her seat on the Military Construction Appropriations subcomittee to steer the $650 million environmental cleanup deal in his favor.

Another widely disparaged, Blum-controlled company that has profited from Iraq is URS Corporation. Long known as one of the nation’s major defense contractors, San Francisco-based URS has collected $792 million in environmental cleanup fees in Iraq war zones.

Parsons, who reportedly mismanaged the construction a police academy so poorly that human waste dripped from its ceilings. Far from being an isolated incident, reports from federal government auditors revealed lackluster work on 13 of the 14 Iraq projects entrusted to Parsons. Unfortunately, that hasn’t stopped the Pasedena-based firm from making off with $540 million in U.S. government funds for the poorly executed reconstruction projects at Iraq’s healthcare centers and fire stations.

“This is the lens through which Iraqis will now see America,” lamented Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) said. “Incompetence. Profiteering. Arrogance. And human waste oozing out of ceilings as a result.”

AM General (a subsidiary of Renco) is another company that has seen its revenue sail toward the heavens since the beginning of combat in Iraq. The renowned maker of extra-wide all terrain vehicles (shown below) has seen its Pentagon revenues soar by 92%, a phenomenal leap for any business. This placed Renco sixth in a 2005 analysis of the fastest growing contractors by dollar amount, and sixth in an analysis of fastest growing contractors by percentage. Growing hostilities prior to the Bush Administration’s “surge” strategy in 2007 helped fuel the sudden demand

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
If I were king, and we had it to do all over again, I would have carpet bombed Iraq with cases of silly string and laser pointers. Maybe dropped off a few thousand computers with WoW installed.

Game over.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Nothing wrong with that. If you don’t have something to sell how can you feed the population? All our hard-earned money is going to buy oil at over inflated prices. It’s free other than the cost of pulling it out of the ground. Who sounds like the great satin here?
The truth is we want to keep buying you oil until you don’t have any more. Then the US will be the only country left with any oil.
You can talk all you want about fundamentalism but the fact is that doesn’t put food in your belly.
Get with the program over there

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Stay out of our countries, our business is not your business.

Oh so you're speaking on the behalf of the population of both countries now? Are you the honorary ambassador? I'm pretty sure the many village families that I visited with (in both Iraq and Afghanistan) thanked us for being there.

Let me make it clear that the war is mainly for oil, yes.. but throwing Saddam and Taliban out of power was definently a good thing. It should have ended with that.. but unfortunately the U.S. does have money hungry politicians running it.. but so does every other country on this mud ball. Again, please stop acting like the muslim countries are the innocent lambs.

You have been negative towards anything that involves the U.S. in this thread. If you have a personal opinion about America fine, but this thread is about Black Water.. when you go on and on about how horrible America is you derail the topic.
edit on 7-4-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

That's pretty offensive that you're assuming that all Arabs are bad.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by Afterthought
]The video where it shows the woman getting hit -- sure, she was walking towards the road, but the video is shot at such a distance that we're unable to see if the vehicle clipped her or swerved to hit her. At any rate, it's obvious that she didn't throw herself at the SUV. You can see a couple of men running to her aid. These are real people and the ones driving the SUVs are dangerous, maniacle beasts. They didn't even have the decency to stop to see if she was OK. For shame!

How do you know that is a women
and not a man in a burqa ready to
let a bomb go off on the side of the road?
Gurilla warfare hurts everyone, especially
the people in that country supporting it..
Don't know who is who..
Blatant propaganda no one got *rolled over*
That is a lie!

Your logic baffles my mind. How do you know anything if this is the case. They're ALL suicide bombers so run the whole lot of them over then eh? Disgusting. It's really simple. If you don't know who the enemy is, you don't fight. It's a no brainer.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo

Stay out of our countries, our business is not your business.

Oh so you're speaking on the behalf of the population of both countries now? Are you the honorary ambassador? I'm pretty sure the many village families that I visited with (in both Iraq and Afghanistan) thanked us for being there.

You have been negative towards anything that involves the U.S. in this thread. If you have a personal opinion about America fine, but this thread is about Black Water.. when you go on and on about how horrible America is you derail the topic.

I am answering specifically to comments made, I do not think answering to specific comments directed to me is derailing the thread, if you wish to comment to others to whom I answered you are free to do so for their derailment of the thread..

It is not anti American to be against US foreign policy...Many Americans are against such policies...

As far as people being happy about Saddam leaving... here is my previous response to that;

I agree with you here, Iraqis were happy to see Saddam go, however, since it was American foreign policy that put him in power in the first place, it is still every Iraqi who died, whether under his rule or under your war to oust him, was the fault of the American government.

Iraq is once again a target of US "regime change." Despite that, precious little is being said by the corporate media about how the CIA aided and abetted political assassination, regime change and mass murder, all in the name of putting Saddam's Ba'ath power into power for the first time in Iraq.
www.hartford-hwp.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Who said you're not allowed to disagree? Foreign policy and national interests are exactly that.. they aren't supposed to make others happy. Imagine a country with no foreign policy or national interest.. see how long they would survive in this dog eat dog world.. yes even your precious muslim countries would be a threat.

Until this world learns to live in complete harmony guess what.. defenses will always be up. It's a rat race and it sucks.. but spreading more hatred won't make anything better. Be a part of the solution, not the problem.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
I am not defending anyone
but when any stopped car
or women next to the road could
be armed with a bomb ready to kill you..
Things get hectic. The video is blatant anti-american
propaganda all i'm saying.

Anti-american propaganda? This happened, it is fact. To deny it makes you ignorant and continues to feed the fire of hate and disrespect.

You sir are speaking american propaganda, this is also fact. It is only the brainwashed fools who actually believe every single god damned citizen in the middle east somewhat runs around with a bomb. 99% of the populations in arab and islamic countries are just like you, or me, they have families, they go to work, they drive to the store ... however they most likely have more respect for women and innocent bystanders than you seem to.

Wake up kiddo, if you really stand by your words then i can only hope you see the truth before it is too late.
The real "terrorists" with the bombs are the american military and it's contractors.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

reply to post by jesiaha

Reality is the AK is a hunk of junk at 500 yards.
It is not a hero’s rifle

my point wasn't about whose got the biggest pecker...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
Anti-american propaganda? This happened, it is fact. To deny it makes you ignorant and continues to feed the fire of hate and disrespect.

It did happen.... in 2006.
The title of the article / thread is

Video of Blackwater Contractors Driving Over Iraqi Woman

Is not at all what happened and that is supported by the video. She was clipped, not run over, and it was from the lead vehicle and not the entire convoy.

As I pointed out earlier If people look at the areas other than the vehicles and the lady being hit you will see it looks like they are driving on the wrong side of the road. At the intersection the stop lights are facing the opposite directions. Off to the right of the screen you can see a massive traffic jam, which is probably why Blackwater (if confirmed) was going down the opposing lane of traffic. When people live in an area for so long they become use to their surroundings. A person has a tendency to only look in the direction traffic is suppose to be coming from, making it possible she walked into the road as well as the vehicle while it was passing.

So while yes, this did occur, the manner in which its being portrayed is not actually what occured - hence the propoganda argument people are making. Also, again this was from 2006 and has already been dealt with and resolved. Again another reason for why its being viewed as propoganda.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
reply to post by Jameela

but spreading more hatred won't make anything better.

I am not spreading hatred, I am hoping to spread the idea that the ME can live without US influence, that we can handle our own problems, that we are happy and good people, and the world could use a little more 'mind your own business' attitude...

If you want me to say something good about US and Iraq here it is

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

But then again, you put Saddam in power....

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join