It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Blackwater Contractors Driving Over Iraqi Woman

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I was in Iraq during most of 2005, around the time and or maybe a year or so before these videos. Those are U.S. military up-armored humvees, not blackwater vehicles. Contractors drove a lot of un-armored F-250's, and a road warriorish collection of armored stuff, but not the up-armored humvee because it was in critically short supply. You can tell it was not later in the conflict when those type of vehicles may have become available because of the lack of additional turrent armor.

During that time period the roads in large parts of Iraq were a gauntlet of IED's and suicide car bombs. There was no such thing as a simple drive down the road. Things exploded frequently and if you did not take aggressive action to maintain speed and to keep civilian vehicles from accelerating toward you, sooner or later you would die.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Protection details cannot stop under any circumstances. It means you have a high profile vip in the vehicle and in that situation you keep going you call on the radio for emergency vehicles to arrive to assist but you do not stop. Same would happen with the president driving through the streets of the United States. The secret Service will not stop under any circumstances. It could just as easily been set up by someone trying to get at your vip.Let the emergency crews handle it. How that woman couldn't hear them coming is beyond me in the video it was like she was oblivious to the fact she was walking into the street.

Now do we know they didn't contact local responders we dont do we? Dont judge actions of others unless you understand the circumstances there in.heres why you dont stop.

Meanwhile, Mohammed Nayil al-Jurayfi, who had actively cooperated with U.S. forces as the new mayor of Hadithah, was killed when his car was ambushed by attackers firing automatic rifles as he drove away from his office in the city 150 miles northwest of Baghdad, police Capt. Khudhier Mohammed said. One of the mayor's sons also was killed.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Another thought popped up.. the entire video was edited was it not? With the Martin and Zimmerman case recently we see how media will alter videos, or voices to suit their broadcasting needs. The video probably had a lot more to it than what THEY wanted you to see.

They accomplished their mission though didn't they? Got you to hate your country again.
edit on 6-4-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
These videos are anti-american propaganda at its best.

So- Its ANTI-American to be against an illegal war, fought on the soil of a sovereign nation, killing innocent people based on US government lies?

Its ANTI- American to believe that people deserve decency?

Therefore, the only way we can be fully AMERICAN is to believe it is right to run around the would killing anyone who refuses to fall on their knees before US government?

Good thing I am not American then, I have values!
edit on 6-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

So- Its ANTI-American to be against an illegal war, fought on the soil of a sovereign nation, killing innocent people based on US government lies?

Therefore, the only way we can be fully AMERICAN is to believe it is right to run around the would killing anyone who refuses to fall on their knees before US government?

First of all, stick to the topic. I never once said it was anti-american to be against an illegal war.. you're putting words in my mouth.

Secondly, if you've ever been to a combat zone you are ramped up and YOUR life is on the line.. not saying it's okay to be aggressive.. it's just unfortunate that that's what it takes to stay alive. Wait till the SHTF world wide and you have to survive, maybe then you will understand what I'm talking about.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

If your ideology is, you should die because you don’t believe in Allah. Then you’re a threat to the entire world. I do and say as I please, I don’t have a problem. If my government tells me I cant, that’s a problem and its my responsibility to take care of it. The government is there to serve me. However when a population lives under a tin horn dictator and doesn’t have the gumption to stand up for themselves, they deserve what they get.
A nation comes along and hands you freedom on a silver platter and you got no idea what it is, that’s pathetic. Come and blow me up now, your cleric said that god will give you eighty virgins. What a bunch of fools. We should install puppet governments to kill off the populations then all that will be left for us to do is take out the leaders.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
yeahhhh I watched both videos... I didnt see the Blackwater guys run over anyone... I did see however a woman throwing herself at the vehicle...

theres a difference

Obviously IF it was an accident, it was probably a combination of the car moving to the right and the woman not predicting the car coming towards her as she enters the road.

But it's not about that, what they did is what people in the west call a hit and run. And everyone with common sense knows that's wrong.
edit on 6-4-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

This is true. The was the best case scenario for these private contractors, an accident, but that went from possible accident to a hit and run. I wonder what an actual US soldier would do if they were the ones who hit that woman? According to the video these guys were performing a demonstration, a protection detail operational demonstration, which explains the caravan cruising with flashing lights and horns. I image this is what it looks like to be taxied around by US contractors if I were an important person? Wouldn't it be in their best interest to be discreet though (unless it was an actual emergency like a gun shot to gut)? Nothing says shoot me like flashing lights and making loud noises. This woman was hit while these men were performing a demonstration. They could have stopped, they weren't under fire, they weren't on a mission or off to an emergency call. I wonder if they at least had any decency and called for an ambulance?

edit on 6-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Another thing.. you seem to forget there's something called "Foreign Policy" and "National Interests" EVERY country has them. Wherever you're from has them too.. and if you had the bigger stick you would be doing the same thing. Please stop acting like where ever you are from has all the answers.. you're only showing your anti-american sympathy. Good job

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Well there's one thing we can agree on im glad your not an American too. And to let you know i was in Iraq and trust me they were very happy we were there. All the Iraqi's wanted was freedom from a repressive government.You wouldn't believe what Sadaam did to those poor people made me sick.Unless you were with the Baath party and you lived in Iraq you constantly had to worry about being raped or murdered for what ever reason they decided. When i first got there Iraqis will tell us stories about Sadaam and quite frankly it was horrific.But unfortunately not everyone there was happy to see Sadaam go and attacked military and civilians at will. Welcome to urban combat it gets real messy.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Here is a thread about Blackwater, makes me think that Iraq and all of their other "occupations" in disguise of liberation and democratizing is nothing more than practice for the Americas and it's allies.

Blackwater: Standing Between You and Slavery (The Real Story),

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by smokingmonkey

So you're saying these aren't US contractors but US military? And this was common practice when you hit the roads of Iraq? IED's were definitely the biggest threat to anyone traveling any road, and in heavy traffic suicide car bombers make sense. Was it common place to drive in traffic? I couldn't image driving in such conditions! I'd avoid it like the plague. So that would explain the way the men drove in the first video, hitting cars while driving and driving at increased speed? Was it common practice to never stop at red lights, stop signs, or slow on coming traffic and pedestrians? Basically, every rule of the road is ignored?
edit on 6-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

In the video which is just one shining example, the soldier is not a virtuous trooper just following orders, they are mocking, hateful and insulting to the very people they are there to be supposedly helping. Reminds me of the videos where the UN goes in and becomes part of the worst of experiences in Africa.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I got something to look into go to en.m.wikipedia.org...–Iraq_Status_of_Forces_Agreement#cite_note-57 an then try to pull the references for contractor roles under SOFA it is citation 58 and they claim backwater currently does not even have a liscence to operate in Iraq but magically the link to the Washington post has disappeard

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Rules of the road-
if you see lights and hear sirens
or
some one is hauling ass down the road
don’t go out in the street

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Not all of them. The ones who are usually turd bags are the ones that make videos like these and think its cool to demean local nationals. By the way, those were not military joes.. they were contractors.

link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I was just talking about that in an above post. So you're telling me if they Presidents caravan runs me over no one stops? Why, where is threat? Thanks for calling for help. I appreciate it. And this wasn't an actual detail, they had no VIP, they were just practicing. Which btw, apparently they need more practice. Maybe in a parking lot.

link   
I hate this place.
edit on 6-4-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

Perhaps the woman was elderly or deaf or listening to an Ipod or texting, and didn't see the lights? People get hit all the time, and more so than ever thanks to our little distractions. But I dunno where Iraq is with their tech. Are music playing phones and texting popular there like the US, Japan, UK, etc?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by dragonridr

I was just talking about that in an above post. So you're telling me if they Presidents caravan runs me over no one stops? Why, where is threat? Thanks for calling for help. I appreciate it. And this wasn't an actual detail, they had no VIP, they were just practicing. Which btw, apparently they need more practice. Maybe in a parking lot.

For you to understand, it would take you experiencing a mission brief of ROE (Rules of Engagment) and the SAFETY of the members of your convoy (hey.. this could be one of your family members) and then possibly witnessing a bomb explode out of nowhere. You won't understand because you surf YouTube videos that are edited so that you can make hate comments on ATS.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
I hate this place.
edit on 6-4-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

Have you been to Godlikeproductions.com yet? If not, then you don't know hate yet. If so, may I remind you of Godlikeproductions?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join