It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Profiteers - Names & Evidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Today I recieved an invitation to an event hosted by Truth-Out.org I have never heard of them. I don't know how they got my email address but when I went to their website. Truth-Out.org an article on the front page jumped out at me. Its dated April 5, 2012

Self-Dealing and the War Service Industry, Part 1

I've heard vague accusations about war profiteering but this article gives names and dates. Regarding accusations of inflated expenses on providing logistics to the Iraq war, KBR responded like this

KBR reacted to the problem, not by fixing their flawed accounting system and controlling costs, but by doing what many defense contractors have done for years when they get in trouble with the Pentagon - they hired one of the Pentagon's own - a retired general. KBR decided to hire retired Lt. Gen. Paul Cerjan to be the KBR LOGCAP manager. Mr. Cerjan was apparently hired because he had incredible influence with Army leadership. After he retired from the Army, Mr. Cerjan had worked for defense contractors Loral and Lockheed Martin. He had also been president of Pat Robertson's Regent University, which sent many true believers into the Bush administration. He was also a member of neoconservative pro-Israeli organizations. He had worked his way into being an ultimate influence peddler.

Inspite of the anti-conservative rhetoric I saw here, this is the first honest, hard-hitting piece of investigative journalism I have read in a very long time. If there is any truth to the "Mass Arrests" story going around, we are going to need names and evidence of crimes. That can only happen if we become better informed.

Please have a look

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Looks like just the tip of an iceberg to me. It would be a shorter list if we only listed the companies that have'nt screwed the taxpayer.

join