It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don Cheadle More Outraged by NBC's Editgate than Politico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Don Cheadle More Outraged by NBC's Editgate than Politico

www.breitbart.com

Don Cheadle, actor and anti-genocide activist, mocked NBC News
and accused the network of "bias" for their broadcast of an
edited 911 tape portraying Trayvon Martin shooter George
Zimmerman as a racist.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Didn't NBC think they were going to get caught?
Who is in charge over there? Where is Comcast ???
Why is Comcast sitting on their hands?
It was an " error" made in the production process?
---------
The NBC explanation does not pass the laugh test.
Error? Yeah right.
NBC swarmed into Florida with an agenda.
Give me that 911 tape! This won't work.
Lets do some creative editing. Okay, run with
this.
This NBC Editgate is worse than the CBS
RatherGate. NBC credibility just flew out the
window.

Why can't NBC just simply report the news?
Do they all have to go back to journalism school?

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
While I hate actors using their fame to make political points, I do have to say that this one is right on. Crap reporting is why I find it hard to watch news or read papers anymore. There is always an agenda and a spin....never just straight facts letting the viewers/readers decide for themselves. Way to go Don! He always has been one of my favorite actors.....

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
While I hate actors using their fame to make political points, I do have to say that this one is right on. Crap reporting is why I find it hard to watch news or read papers anymore. There is always an agenda and a spin....never just straight facts letting the viewers/readers decide for themselves. Way to go Don! He always has been one of my favorite actors.....

NBC has egg all over their face.

ABC George Will gave us some revealing facts on Sunday.

On average about 150 black teenagers are killed here in the USA every week.

94% of those killings are black on black killings. It's mainly drug gang shootouts.

Why is everybody ignoring the 94% getting killed and focusing on this

hispanic/black killing?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Because the 94% (black on black) murders are a symptom of the poor policies that the black leaders have imposed upon the communities that they are supposed to represent.

Just sayin'

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The more aware and informed the people become, the more obvious it becomes that the media has been anything but the citizens' ally for decades... if not a century.

"Good business" became more important that the actual purpose of media... to communicate to, and inform, the people.

Remember the hullabaloo over Murdoch's empires 'tactics' for getting news? Does anyone really think that ANY of the 5 or 6 media owners operate any differently? I bet this is only ONE out of hundreds of incidents where the news has been "crafted" for political expedience, with a hefty side-order of profit.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

NBC has egg all over their face.

ABC George Will gave us some revealing facts on Sunday.

On average about 150 black teenagers are killed here in the USA every week.

94% of those killings are black on black killings. It's mainly drug gang shootouts.

hispanic/black killing?

I have always wondered why one story gets headlines over another in these types of situations. I can only hypothesize that it has something to do with the political nature of the geographical location these incidents occur. Not that this was an intended or influenced situation at the start, but more that the incident just happened to be in a location that whatever political faction involved happened to have an agenda that the particular situation could be used to advance their stance or views on a much larger scale....and they took advantage of it. It is similar to religion where you can influence and control the masses through belief/inference/situational circumstance in order to further said cause/influential interests.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Because the 94% (black on black) murders are a symptom of the poor policies that the black leaders have imposed upon the communities that they are supposed to represent.

Just sayin'

George Will went on to say that the New York Times started off on Monday

calling George Zimmerman a White / Hispanic but by Friday they gave up and called George

Zimmerman a Hispanic.

They had to somehow squeeze George Zimmerman into their NYT narrative.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Because the stories about the 94% will not will not sell a single paper, and if those stories come up on a news show, people change the channel. Very few people outside of the immediate families of the victim or the perpetrator care one bit.

They have to have something that either outrages someone or makes them feel guilty enough about their thoughts on the matter to feign outrage. Race added to a story gives them that. This time it has bit them on the ass. Their racist killer turned out to be a Hispanic man, and their lily-white honor role student turns out to be a drug dealer(according to his own Facebook posts) that was suspended from school. Add to that: the news media is caught selectively editing both audio tapes (which are available to the public-duh) and video tapes (to remove evidence of cuts on the back of Zimmermans head).

In the end, it is about two things. Advancing their agenda and making $$$$$$$$$.

edit on 6-4-2012 by butcherguy because: Spelling.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Because the stories about the 94% will not will not sell a single paper, and if those stories come up on a news show, people change the channel. Very few people outside of the immediate families of the victim or the perpetrator care one bit.

They have to have something that either outrages someone or makes them feel guilty enough about their thoughts on the matter to feign outrage. Race added to a story gives them that. This time it has bit them on the ass. Their racist killer turned out to be a Hispanic man, and their lily-white honor role student turns out to be a drug dealer(according to his own Facebook posts) that was suspended from school. Add to that: the news media is caught selectively editing both audio tapes (which are available to the public-duh) and video tapes (to remove evidence of cuts on the back of Zimmermans head).

In the end, it is about two things. Advancing their agenda and making $$$$$$$$$.

edit on 6-4-2012 by butcherguy because: Spelling.

Don't you find it odd that Rev. Al Sharpton is staging a rally against George Zimmerman

and then going on his MSNBC show and reporting on himself???

Where is Comcast??? They are a majority owner of NBC.

How long will Comcast look the other way?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

MSNBC's ratings aren't exactly high right now. I don't think that they will lose their core(read brainwashed idiots) viewership, no matter what they do. Sort of like the report of black voters remaining loyal to Obama, no matter what.
Al Sharpton can do what he likes there, keeps part of their core viewership 'energized'. Why do you think he is there in the first place?

As far as Comcast is concerned,(my guess is) they have been placated by the NBC people with the promise that the fickle public (in general) will forget all about this very soon and none of it will amount to anything. They would be correct.

Did everyone stop watching NBC when it was proven that they faked the story about Chevy pickups blowing up in crashes? They couldn't get the gas tanks to blow up just by crashing the trucks, So they rigged them with pyrotechnic devices to blow them up. Total fabrication and a hit piece on GMC....." Oh, well.... We like 'Stone Phillips' (or whoever)....we're gonna keep watching them."

What can you say? It is a gullible, short term memory public.

new topics

top topics

join