It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maryland Mega Millions Mystery Deepens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The Mega Millions mystery deepened in Maryland on Thursday, as a woman who said she had the winning ticket now tells News4 that she seems to have misplaced it.

www.nbcwashington.com...
I don't know how you lose a 100 million dollar lotto ticket.

The state's lottery board said no one has stepped up to claim their share of the record-setting $656 million prize.

the winning ticket was sold at approximately 7:15 p.m. on March 30 -- less than four hours before the drawing -- at the 7-Eleven on Liberty Avenue in Baltimore. It was a Quick Pick ticket, and was the only one purchased at that time.

Where is the ticket?

This lady is crazy but who knows she may be rich.
edit on 6-4-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
hahaha what a goose lol
it sounds like something i would do tho

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but when I purchase tickets for large amounts, I sign em and glue them tickets to my forehead until the numbers are rolled!!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Ah, the ol' "the dog ate my lottery ticket" excuse.

Woman says she hid the ticket at the McDonalds where she works

You MUST be kidding me. Hide it in a freakin' McDonald's?? *shakes head*

Anyone dumb enough to do that does not deserve the award or the responsibility of 100 million dollars.

Then there's the possibility she is lying, but really. You win that much money and can't safeguard it in a safe, or a safety deposit box, something.

Wow.

And this is the human race.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
She is so full of BS it is quite funny. I think we will hear of the real lottery winner coming forward at a later date.....probably getting all their ducks in a row legally so they can disappear without having to deal with friends/family begging for a handout. This lady was in it for the 15 seconds of fame and now that she has pulled her 7 kids and an attorney into the ring she can't just admit she made it up. She says:

"I'm still looking for it. I haven't even looked in my uniform pants yet," the flaky single mom of seven admitted. "I'm still looking everywhere to find it, in my purse, everywhere."

Really....come on...give up the BS and tell your kids you lied already. I can just see her saying this while opening her purse and looking.....

And this comes after she very clearly stated:

'I left my ticket there and it's somewhere safe that only I know about,' she told the Post, though revealed it was not in the company safe along with those bought for the workplace pool. 'I'm waiting for things to calm down so I can go back to McDonald's and get it. the people there are too excited. I want their heads to cool down before I go back.'

edit on 4/6/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
She lawyered up. It turns out you don't have to reveal your identity to claim the prize. So, she could still have the ticket only she's now going to claim it anonymously. Good move if true.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
One of the most EPIC FAILS ever. I feel bad for her kids......what a piece of trash. And what do I win for getting my prediction right?

edit on 4/10/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

Mega Millions Liar

Three Maryland public school system employees won a share of the record Mega Millions $656 jackpot, lottery officials announced Tuesday, ending a mystery that involved a McDonald's employee who claimed she had the golden ticket.

edit on 4/10/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Is this the same woman that was part of a syndicate at McD's, but said that the ticket that she won with was bought by herself seperately, so she was refusing to share with her colleagues?

CX.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Is this the same woman that was part of a syndicate at McD's, but said that the ticket that she won with was bought by herself seperately, so she was refusing to share with her colleagues?

CX.

Yep....and she lied....

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Originally posted by CX

CX.

Yep....and she lied....

Yep... or she has a bad case of sudden onset innumeracy.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by CX

CX.

Yep....and she lied....

Ha! I mean HOW do you recover from something like this? She will forever be laughed at and looked at as a fraud and a liar. And to lie to your family and have them help you look for this lottery ticket.....what a waste of a person....hopefully she more than a slap on the wrist for fraud.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

"in my pants, everywhere"

Yeah right. If I knew for sure I had the winning ticket I would bulldoze my house looking for it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
She should be publicly flogged. I will always wonder about the mind of someone like this and how it thinks there is a way to pull this lie off. It just doesn't make any sense unless she began this just for a few seconds in the spotlight and was STARVING for attention. Again....horrible mother and I feel sorry for her kids having to deal with this now....I am sure they are going to be made fun of at school. People should really think more about the people around them they will affect by doing something stupid like this.....

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by CX

CX.

Yep....and she lied....

Ha! I mean HOW do you recover from something like this? She will forever be laughed at and looked at as a fraud and a liar. And to lie to your family and have them help you look for this lottery ticket.....what a waste of a person....hopefully she more than a slap on the wrist for fraud.

I got this one:
Recover? Like a self-styled martyr.
Laughed at and looked on as a fraud and liar? Whats different for this person than any other day with people looking upon her like that?
Lie to the family? Im sure they are used to it.
More than a slap on the wrist? Nope.. wont happen.. though Id be in favor of some sort of law promoting optional euthanasia for really, really, really, annoying drama queens like this person...

new topics

top topics

join