It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is Yahweh

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Call him YaHWeH, or YaHuWaH, or YaHshuWaH or YeHoshuWaH and YaHushuWaH, makes no difference how you pronounced his name as long as YHWH is in there. Most prounouncements actually sound like Yahshua, Yehoshua , or Yeshua...and the english rendition Jesus of the greek Iesus. I just say Yeshua, he knows who you're calling on, this is our creator we're talking about.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I understand now thanks... I need to do some more research on the anagram, I am ok with symbols and stuff like that but as I looked into Hebrew and it's a totally different language.

I was on the wrong track

edit on 11-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If one explores religion, one finds Yahweh came from Jahve / Jehovah

Which means Isreal's King was named for Jahve or a pagan Volcano god of the Midianites, derived from Moses and Jethro.

So, why would anyone want to follow Jesus that named after pagan volcano worship?

It would appear the need to name Jesus after the king of Israel is all about the attempts to put down the Constitution of the USA, as we designed this country specifically against having a King. It appears a low trick to have Christians accept the King of Israel as the ruler for the world.

Don't worry that won't every happen in the Land of the Free.

edit on 13-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Naming Jesus after Pagan Volcano worship

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

I don't think so.

WEBSTER'S COLLEGIATE DICTIONARY: “Jehovah — False reading of the Hebrew YAHWEH.” (“Jehovah,” Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, 1973 ed.)

ENCYCLOPEDIA AMERICANA: “Jehovah — erroneous form of the name of the G-d of Israel.” (Encyclopedia Americana, vol. 16., 1972 ed.)

ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITANNICA: “The Masoretes who from the 6th to the 10th century worked to reproduce the original text of the Hebrew Bible replaced the vowels of the name YHWH with the vowel signs of Adonai or Elohim. Thus the artificial name Jehovah came into being.” (“Yahweh,” The New Encyclopedia Britannica, vol. 12, 1993 ed.)

THE JEWISH ENCYCLOPEDIA: “Jehovah — a mispronunciation of the Hebrew YHWH the name of G-d. This pronunciation is grammatically impossible.” (“Jehovah,” The Jewish Encyclopedia, vol. 7, 1904 ed.)

THE NEW JEWISH ENCYCLOPEDIA: “It is clear that the word Jehovah is an artificial composite.” (“Jehovah,” The New Jewish Encyclopedia, 1962 ed.)

www.familybible.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with putting down the constitution. He is the rightful King of Israel and the world and we, his children are the wild olive branch that was grafted into the cultivated olive tree.

Yahweh promised that the seed of David would be as numerous as the sands of the sea, and we are the seed of David. There are jews who do not even know they are jews and the knowledge of their heritage has been lost to them, but they will know it soon. You would be amazed at how many people in this world bear the DNA of the hebrew in them. Israel is all around you and you can't see him. When our King returns the river of denial that surrounds this world will dry up hallel'u'Yah.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think the rightful King of Israel would be Enki, if he is still alive. Jerusalem was the main Annunaki Space Control Center, and when they return, they will want it back. Bet on it. I can just see a giant, pyramid shaped craft set down on that big rock, crushing everything on it to dust, and again establishing their place here. If Enki is dead, then leadership would fall to Innana, his grand daughter.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

I don't think so.

WEBSTER'S COLLEGIATE DICTIONARY: “Jehovah — False reading of the Hebrew YAHWEH.” (“Jehovah,” Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, 1973 ed.)

A few Little Citations:

========

www.newadvent.org...

On Mt. Horeb God revealed and explained the accurate form of His name, Jahveh.

Jahveh (Yahweh) is one of the archaic Hebrew nouns

Jahveh means "He Who is", Whose characteristic note consists in being, or The Being simply.

=======

www.truthbeknown.com...

Yahweh

Also, the biblical god Yahweh is not a person, alien or otherwise. "He" too is in large part a solar myth. Regarding Yahweh, the Catholic Encyclopedia says:

"It seems likely that the name of Ea, or Ya, or Aa, the oldest god of the Babylonian Pantheon, is connected with the name Jahve, Jahu, or Ja, of the Old Testament."

======

www.middletownbiblechurch.org...

In Isaiah 24:23 and Zephaniah 3:15-17 we learn that JEHOVAH Himself will reign in Jerusalem during the coming kingdom age and will be in the midst of His people. What does the New Testament tell us about the identity of this future, millennial King (Revelation 19:11-16; 20:4,6)?

-----

The Jehovah of the Old Testament declares Himself to be the First and the Last: "Thus saith Jehovah the King of Israel and his redeemer the Jehovah of hosts; I am the first and I am the last; and beside me there is no God: (Isaiah 44:6 and see Isaiah 41:4; 48:11-12). Who is declared to be "the first and the last" on the pages of the New Testament (see Revelation 1:8,11,17,18; 22:13)?

==========

edit on 14-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

You're splitting hairs. Yahweh/YHWH/YHVH/Jehovah= same thing. The consanants are what matters. Yeshua is our God... well those who believe in him. What gives you life is your God. The moral of this thread is that he is the very same who created Adam and spoke with Abraham and Moses.

If i had a nickel for everytime someone tried to tell me they knew the exact name of God i'd be a millionaire because i have heard so many variations, your variation is just one more and quite frankly, it doesn't really matter. It's just icing on the cake.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The Cult of the Dragon refers to the fact that the Kings of the Serpent bloodline used to be anointed in Egypt by the fat of the sacred crocodile. El and Balder were symbolized as crocodiles and the crocodile was known in Egypt as the "Messiah", from which we get "Messiah" and "Christ". The Jewish Encyclopedia isn't the only source that states the Seraphim are Reptilian creatures, just about every Encyclopedia states this except Christian sources with an agenda. And there are BOTH ancient Jewish and Christian scriptures that state in black and white that Drakon reside in Heaven. The highest heavenly creatures in Judao Christian Theology are Drakons/Dragons, including Yahweh.

I would not give a Dragon, even if he said he was God, the time of day. I suppose if the OP wishes to do that, I have no problem with it, but perhaps the OP would do some research before declaring allegiance with such a creature?

REVELATION 12

1. Now a great sign appeared in heaven:
a woman clothed with the sun,
with the moon under her feet,
and on her head a garland of twelve stars.
2. Then being with child,
she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth.

The Woman is Mother Earth, Gaia. The baby she is pregnant with is the New Earth. The Dragon is Christianity/Islam, which will attempt to keep Humanity from Ascending to a Higher Plane of Existence. Will humanity allow Religion to hold them back? I doubt it.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
lonewolf wrote: "Thats because Jesus does make appearances all through the entire OT, he said in John 8 that it was he there before Abraham and the pharisees tried to stone him for it. People that deny that Jesus is Yahweh are largely (and willfully) ignorant of the many discourses where Christ claimed to be I AM and where the prophets clearly tell you that Yahweh will be the Savior in the flesh which is Jesus."

No. In the OT, the Jews write, "I AM" because they believe the name of their god should never be written or spoken outright. "I AM" is a substitute for the "sacred" name.

In the NT:

Jesus answered, “If I glorify Myself, My glory is nothing; it is My Father who glorifies Me, of whom you say, ‘He is our God’; and you have not come to know Him, but I know Him; and if I say that I do not know Him, I will be a liar like you, but I do know Him and keep His word. “Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.” So the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.” Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple. John 8:54-59

From this passage, we can determine several things:

1) "of whom you say, ‘He is our God’; and you have not come to know Him, but I know Him"
Jesus is clearly stating here that His Father is not YHWH/Jehovah.

Again:
"I speak the things which I have seen with My Father; therefore you also do the things which you heard from your father.” John 8:38

And again:
They said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father: God.” 42Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me" John 8:41-42

And again:
“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies." John 8:44

How much more explicit can He be? The god of the Jews is not His Father.

2) Jesus does not say “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM.”, but,
“Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.”
It is quite obvious that He is explaining things ontologically, i.e. He existed before the creation of Yahweh's world.

edit on 17-4-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Do you honestly believe what you're saying?

Have you ever actually read the Bible?

Dude, snap out of it, you are COMPLETELY wrong, in every way possible.

Jesus Christ is YHVH in the flesh.

"In the beginning was the Word (Logos, Christ before he walked earth), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God".

The entire OT and NT are 100% dependent on eachother,

If YHVH isn't God, neither is Jesus Christ. If the OT isn't 100% true, then the NT isn't 100% true. If the entire OT/NT isn't 100% true, than it's 0% true.

Either YHVH is the Creator, and Jesus Christ is God,

Or no god exists, we are not created, and no supernatural experience has ever been real.

This is the way it is...please don't embrace ignorance, I implore you, deny ignorance.

Amen

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by 1nOne

If YHVH isn't God, neither is Jesus Christ. If the OT isn't 100% true, then the NT isn't 100% true. If the entire OT/NT isn't 100% true, than it's 0% true.

Or no god exists, we are not created, and no supernatural experience has ever been real.

Alright, let's consider things logically:

Premise 1: Yahweh is God/Jesus is Yahweh; Satan is a separate entity (belief of mainstream Christians);
Premise 2: Yahweh is God/Jesus is not God but is a fraud/Satan serves God (belief of Jews);
Premise 3: Yahweh is Satan/Jesus is God (belief of Marcionites; certain Gnostics; Bogomils; Cathars)

(A)
Again the anger of the LORD burned against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, “Go and take a census of Israel and Judah.” 2Samuel 24:1
Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel. 1Chronicles 21:1

(B)
Jesus said, "All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them." John 10:8

(C)
He (anti-Christ) performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men. Revelation 13:13
vs.
You will make them as a fiery oven in the time of your anger;
The LORD will swallow them up in His wrath,
And fire will devour them. Psalm 21:9
and
But Elijah answered the captain of fifty, “If I am a man of God, let fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty.” Then fire came down from heaven and consumed him and his fifty. 2Kings 1:10
and
Out of the heavens He let you hear His voice to discipline you; and on earth He let you see His great fire, and you heard His words from the midst of the fire. Deut 4:36
and
Then the LORD rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven Gen 19:24

(D)
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with WHICH YOU WILL BE ABLE TO EXTINGUISH ALL THE FLAMING ARROWS OF THE EVIL ONE. Ephesians 6:12-16

vs.

For You will make them turn their back;
You will aim with Your bowstrings at their faces.
He sent out His arrows, and scattered them,
And lightning flashes in abundance, and routed them.
Psalm 21:12;18:14

I can do this all day.
Plus, "it's all out of context", is a poor, tired excuse.
It's completely in context, moreso even than weak attempts to link the NT with the OT.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

NT:
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 1John1:5

vs.
OT:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. Genesis 1:1-2

And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was. Exodus 20:21

Then spoke Solomon, The LORD said that he would dwell in the thick darkness. 1Kings 8:12

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

You're lacking in the understanding of just Who and What YHVH Christ is, let me show you something:

From the Lamentations of Jeremiah the Prophet, Chapter 3:

I AM the man that hath seen affliction by the rod of his wrath.

He hath led me, and brought me into darkness, but not into light.

Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?

Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?

Wherefore doth a living man complain, a man for the punishment of his sins?

Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the LORD.

Dwell on those passages, if you are still lacking understanding, I will help you understand.

Those verses you posted are easily explained if you understand this scripture.

Amen

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

The NT verse taken in context is talking about walking with the Lord Jesus there is no darkness, not that there is literally no darkness inside of God

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

The OT verses are easily explained too, of course God can dwell in darkness, darkness dwells inside of Him, we are all inside of Him and Him inside of us, yet he remains outside of all of us simultaneously, it's the beauty of God, really.

I honestly hope you can reconcile your differences with the OT, and realize what I am speaking to you is no deception, but Truth of the Christ you love.....

edit on 4/17/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

Let me address one more thing:

Let me add one premise - Satan exists inside of God, since everything in existence only exists inside of Him. YHVH is the I am, I am who I am, the Being, the Existence. In Him is everything, and without Him there is nothing. So, if scripture speaks of the spirit of the deceiver and the spirit of God being one in the same, it's because the deceiver exists inside the Existence, get it?

Satan is a part of God, or a ocean drop of God, if you're familiar with the ocean drop analogy, as are we....it's just, he's more like a river or giant lake in Gods creation, whereas we are more like a single drop of the ocean, understand?

Excerpt from the Book of Romans, chapter 9: Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Now, dwell on these posts I've made for insight and wisdom, let it in....

Selah

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Thank you for your input.
Respectfully, please clarify the following:

"All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them." John 10:8
Who is Jesus referring to? YHWH, Moses and the prophets.

"And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form."
John 5:36
Never before heard His voice nor seen His form? How then can this be Yahweh/Jehovah of the OT?

And once again, directly from Jesus:
“I speak the things which I have seen with My Father; therefore you also do the things which you heard from your father.
He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.” John 8:38,47

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

John 10:8 taken in context is referring to Jesus Christ being the Good Shepherd, it has nothing to do with the OT prophets:

This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Let me also add, every single time Jesus Christ begins a statement with I am, he is claiming Godhood.
Every time Jesus says I am, he is claiming to be God, The great I am, I am, or YHVH / Yahweh.

And the second part of your post, Jesus is just saying no man hath seen The Father.

He doesn't say He hasn't seen the Father, or that He is not the Father, he just says no man hath seen the Father (in all His majesty, anyways)

Also, 1nOne, please go back and read my previous post to you again, I edited it with something i want you to read.

Amen

God bless

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Thanks for taking the time to explain.
I will think these things over seriously.

Not fully convinced though -- there are too many unanswered questions:
If Jesus was the Messiah of Hebrew prophesy, why then did the Jews betray, torture and murder Him and His followers.
If the Jews worship YHWH and YHWH is Jesus, then why is it they are characteristically involved in despicably immoral, destructive, usurious, slanderous and war-mongering activities?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

In short answer, because He came to them, and they knew Him not, and they accused him of sorcery and being in league with the devil, when He did nothing but heal, help, and love people, and give his all for people including His own life,

And as far as why Jews are perceived to be evil by you......nothing you listed is of God, it's man's horror come to fruition.

All men, no matter religion, race, or creed, are capable and guilty of committing atrocious acts.

Thanks for remaining open, the Light will eventually shine and everything will come together for you, keep working.

Amen

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

This is the way it is...please don't embrace ignorance, I implore you, deny ignorance.

You say that no other god can possibly exist other than the one you believe in then go on to say deny ignorance... You are judgemental of other people's religions, but you cannot prove them incorrect. You have no proof that the god you worship is any different from any other god. You know, the god of Christianity is supposedly everything, that means other gods too, and believers of other faiths too, and even people that disagree with you as well.

In all seriousness, I have known Satanists with more religious acceptance than this comment of yours shows. Consider that for a moment. I'm not trying to troll here. I'm seriously hoping you can walk away from this a slightly better person.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Noncents because: Added a letter

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join