It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is Yahweh

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
In this thread i will explore how Jesus is Yahweh. In fact there are many, many times in the new testament alone that Jesus claimed to be the Heavenly Father Yahweh, the LORD Almighty, the Most High. In fact, it was these claims that caused the pharisees to try to kill him on several occasions by stoning and they even tried to throw him off a cliff in an attempt to shut him up.

Jeremiah 23:5-6

5“Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord,
“That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness;
A King shall reign and prosper,
And execute judgment and righteousness in the earth.
6 In His days Judah will be saved,;
Now this is His name by which He will be called:

THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

So, this King is the Messiah, the King of Kings, he who came to the Lost Sheep of Israel

Isaiah 6:5

5 So I said:“Woe is me, for I am undone!
Because I am a man of unclean lips,
And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips;
For my eyes have seen the King,

so Yahweh is the King of Israel, yet Yeshua (Jesus) is the King of Kings, the King of Israel

John 8: 56-59

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”

57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”

58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

59 Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Wait a minute, Yahweh told Moses that he is I AM, yet Jesus says he is I AM, he who stood before Abraham and the I AM who stood before Moses

Exodus 3:14-15

14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” 15 Moreover God said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.’

Amazing, so Yahweh says I AM is his name forever, yet the pharisees repeatedly tried to kill Jesus when he claimed to be I AM, So Jesus was claiming to be Yahweh in John 8, and the same I AM who stood before Abraham was the same I AM who stood before Moses

Matthew 12:1-11

At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. And His disciples were hungry, and began to pluck heads of grain and to eat. 2 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to Him, “Look, Your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath!”

3 But He said to them, “Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him: 4 how he entered the house of God and ate the showbread which was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests? 5 Or have you not read in the law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are blameless? 6 Yet I say to you that in this place there is One greater than the temple. 7 But if you had known what this means, ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the guiltless. 8 For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Who is this that has the power to declare he desires mercy? Who can command the Sabbath but he who made it?

Phillipians 2:9-11

9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Wow, so every knee will bow and every tongue confess, of those in Heaven, the living and the dead on earth that Jesus is Lord...amazing, even the dead say it.

Isaiah 45: 14-15

14 Thus says Yahweh:“The labor of Egypt and merchandise of Cush And of the Sabeans, men of stature,Shall come over to you, and they shall be yours;They shall walk behind you,They shall come over in chains; And they shall bow down to you.They will make supplication to you, saying, ‘Surely God is in you, And there is no other;There is no other God.’”15 Truly You are God, who hide Yourself, O God of Israel, the Savior!

But...Jesus is the Savior

Revelation 1: 4-8

John, to the seven churches which are in Asia:

Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth.

To Him who loved us and washed[a] us from our sins in His own blood, 6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Here again, Jesus says he is Yahweh, the Creator who was before Abraham, was here on earth 2000 years ago, and who shall return, please note that "the Lord" replaced the true word YHWH

John 10: 11-14

11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. 12 But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own.

Hm, so Jesus is the Good Shepherd who owns the sheep. Wow Yahweh makes the same claims in the old testament

Disaster for the shepherds who lose and scatter the sheep of my pasture, Yahweh declares. This, therefore, is what Yahweh, God of Israel, says about the shepherds who shepherd my people, 'You have scattered my flock, you have driven them away and have not taken care of them. Right, I shall take care of you for your misdeeds, Yahweh declares! But the remnant of my flock I myself shall gather from all the countries where I have driven them, and bring them back to their folds; they will be fruitful and increase in numbers. For them I shall raise up shepherds to shepherd them and pasture them.
Jeremiah 23:1-4a

I shall assemble the whole of Jacob, I shall gather the remnant of Israel, I shall gather them together like sheep in an enclosure. And like a flock within the fold, they will bleat far away from anyone, their leader will break out first, then all break out through the gate and escape, with their king leading the way and with Yahweh at their head.
Micah 2:12-13

For the Lord Yahweh says this: 'Look, I myself shall take care of my flock and look after it. As a shepherd looks after his flock when he is with his scattered sheep, so shall I look after my sheep. [...] 'I shall raise up one shepherd, my servant David, and put him in charge of them to pasture them; he will pasture them and be their shepherd.'
Ezekiel 34:11-12 & 23

Sorry, i don't have the room to put the hundreds of pages down bearing witness.

Source 1

Source 2
edit on 6-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Jesus is Yahweh

i assume yahweh is god. but when jesus was resurected and went to heaven, he was seated to the right of god.
or are god and yahweh different deities ?

edit on 6-4-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
OOOpps----darn those double talking scruptures.

That settles it---Jesus isn't god.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

Jesus is Yahweh

i assume yahweh is god. but on judgement day jesus will sit to the right of god.
or are god and yahweh different deities ?

Your answer lies in Isaiah 59 as to how Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father, not "to the right of God". There is only one God, and if you read Acts, it's Jesus sitting on the white throne of Judgement.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
OOOpps----darn those double talking scruptures.

That settles it---Jesus isn't god.

It's called Hebrew dualism, say it one way, and then say it another way and is found throughout both books. It was made this way on purpose by Yahweh to show you who he is. Most people can't see it because they lack the perception, Christ's Holy Spirit gives the real believers.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Both the Tanach ('Old Testament') as well as the 'New Testament Scriptures confirm that "He is now sitting at the Right Hand of God"

www.revelations.org.za...
could you give a link where it says father ?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Maybe this will help.

Yahweh:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Luke 22:69
But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the mighty God.

Romans 8:34
Christ Jesus, who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Plus, let check the Talmud.

Lets see, we find false Idol worshipers and beasts.

Oh my my----the names of Christians/666.

=====

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

Article II. - What the Talmud Teaches About Christians

1. IDOLATERS
Since Christians follow the teachings of that man, whom the Jews regard as a Seducer and an Idolater, and since they worship him as God, it clearly follows that they merit the name of idolater, in no way different from those among whom the Jews lived before the birth of Christ, and whom they taught should be exterminated by every possible means.

----

7. NOT LIKE MEN, BUT BEASTS
In Kerithuth (6b p. 78) it says:
"The teaching of the Rabbis is: He who pours oil over a Goi, and over dead bodies is freed from punishment. This is true for an animal because it is not a man. But how can it be said that by pouring oil over a Goi one is freed from punishment, since a Goi is also a man? But this is not true, for it is written: Ye are my flock, the flock of my pasture are men (Ezechiel, XXXIV

========

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Check out John 1:18:

No one has ever seen God.
God the only Son,
who is at the Father’s side,
has made God known.

So if no one has ever seen God, who was it that appeared before Men in the OT, claimed to be Yahweh, accepted sacrifices as Yahweh etc, etc? The Son, The Word etc. is the physical manifestation of Yahweh who also manifested as Jesus. What do you think?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Why does Scripture emphasize the right hand of God?

www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Isaiah 59:1 Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, That it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, That it cannot hear.

Now where did Yahweh's right arm go?

Isaiah 59: 15-18
15 So truth fails,
And he who departs from evil makes himself a prey
Then the Lord saw it, and it displeased Him
That there was no justice.

16 He saw that there was no man,
And wondered that there was no intercessor;
Therefore His own arm brought salvation for Him;
And His own righteousness, it sustained Him.
17 For He put on righteousness as a breastplate,
And a helmet of salvation on His head;
He put on the garments of vengeance for clothing,
And was clad with zeal as a cloak.
18 According to their deeds, accordingly He will repay,
Fury to His adversaries,
Recompense to His enemies;
The coastlands He will fully repay.

Oh thats right, his arm went to earth to be our savior so, Yahweh himself was the savior, that = Jesus is Yahweh

Isaiah 45: 14-15

14 Thus says Yahweh:“The labor of Egypt and merchandise of Cush And of the Sabeans, men of stature,Shall come over to you, and they shall be yours;They shall walk behind you,They shall come over in chains; And they shall bow down to you.They will make supplication to you, saying, ‘Surely God is in you, And there is no other;There is no other God.’”15 Truly You are God, who hide Yourself, O God of Israel, the Savior!

There it is again by the old Prophet Isaiah, Yahweh the Savior

Here's the irony, the jews believed Yahweh would save them, and then Jesus came along.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Interesting considering the Jews get their whole basis for Israel from a human manifestation of God wrestling with Jacob.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Interesting considering the Jews get their whole basis for Israel from a human manifestation of God wrestling with Jacob.

That is yet another one of the many things i didn't have the room to put down. The entire book is plum full of those gems.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
reply to post by icepack

Check out John 1:18:

No one has ever seen God.
God the only Son,
who is at the Father’s side,
has made God known.

So if no one has ever seen God, who was it that appeared before Men in the OT, claimed to be Yahweh, accepted sacrifices as Yahweh etc, etc? The Son, The Word etc. is the physical manifestation of Yahweh who also manifested as Jesus. What do you think?

You have the right of it. This very same manifestation walked with Adam in the cool of the day. Adam the first man when no man has seen God but Jesus. Interesting no?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

Luke 22:69
But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the mighty God.

Romans 8:34
Christ Jesus, who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.

Oh yes, it is natural that your arm sits at your right hand. God forbid your arm be attached to..some other place less aesthetically pleasing.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Very interesting. I was recently educated as to the fact that the Word makes many appearances throughout the OT. Also that it was a common concept throughout Judaism that God Yahweh was two seperate, yet not, powers until it was deemed a heresy by the rabbinical Jews in the first century.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Therefore His own arm brought salvation for Him

his and him ? his (god), him (jesus) ?
wikipedia:

Much of Christianity views Jesus as the human incarnation of Yahweh.

that sounds similar to the dalai lama.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

So if no one has ever seen God, who was it that appeared before Men in the OT

the burning bush, that moses saw, was an angel, not god himself.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Oh yes, it is natural that your arm sits at your right hand. God forbid your arm be attached to..some other place less aesthetically pleasing.

in the bible it says, jesus died, went to heaven and sat right next to god.
you are saying, the life of jesus christ, was the right hand of god reaching out to the earth ? and when jesus died, god pulled his right arm back to heaven ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join