It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Year-Old Dead After Wilkes-Barre Shooting (PA)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

14 Year-Old Dead After Wilkes-Barre Shooting (PA)

pahomepage.com

Wilkes-Barre, Luzerne County - A 14 year-old boy is dead after a shooting in Wilkes-Barre. Police are looking for the person who pulled the trigger.

The boy was on his way home when he was gunned down. His friend said he was just feet away inside his house when it happened.

"I just heard 'boom'," said Elijah Yusuff. "I look out and I see him on the ground. I didn't know what to do except call police."

Luzerne County District Attorney Stefanie Salavantis confirmed the 14 year-old boy was shot in the 100 block around 7:30 p.m. Thursday. He was walking home from the Catholic Youth
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well here it is again folks, another UNARMED black teen gunned down. This time, in my hometown.
A friend of mine who is a school teacher where he once attended said that he was most likely shot by accident. The boy lived in a predominantly black neighborhood and attended a predominantly black school leading myself and investigators to believe that he was gunned down by a black person.

Will this hit the MSM? Of course not.

Just as the MSM has exploited the Treyvon Martin case as purely racial, I can't believe a TRULY tragic story will go unheard about because of the circumstances.

As sad as the world is, news is only heard when there are multiple colors involved.

Well let me tell you something ATS'ers, there were multiple colors involved. This teen not only bled true blood today, but he also bled his school colors for basketball and good academia at his school (G.A.R) where he would've graduated one day, proudly wearing his SCHOOL colors, Grey and Blue.

R.I.P. young man

pahomepage.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-4-2012 by DrRage because: added picture of young boy

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
no where in the article does it say hes black. and as much as it sucks, this type of stuff happens EVERY DAY. look out your window...are the birds still chirping and sky blue? (its probably cloudy though. thats what it says in hanover)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

A friend of mine who is a school teacher where he once attended said that he was most likely shot by accident.

Accident?

1 - Mistaken for another person who was meant to be shot?
2- Or some random gun shot that just hit someone?

I suppose you mean 1...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

I do have a picture of this charming young man but I cannot embed without it being attached to a URL.

Pics or it didn't happen? Are you one of those people? Come on now...

This is just another example as to how not one single head will turn unlike EVERY head turned for the death of Treyvon Martin, including President Obama.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

From what my friend said, it was a drive-by aimed to take down someone else and the shooter mistakenly thought this poor boy was the correct hit.

As in every county, I'm sure there is gang violence present. We are flooded with "Bloods". I can go further into detail upon my knowledge of that, but I don't think it is necessary. It's present and that is not the worst of it.

To stay on topic, a teen is wrongfully dead.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Whether "accidental" or not, I hope they find the owner of the gun that fired that fatal shot and arrest them and make them answer to why this happened. I put accidental in quotes because unless that gun fired itself, it wasn't an accident. No one's life deserves to be ended so short and unexpected like that.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I never understood why these predominately black gangs are so stupid.

With a little cooperation they could easily take over entire cities.

Maybe when all the gang members in service come home they'll bring some structure and purpose to their street urchin buddies. Or not.

There's an army spread out all over the nation that is funded, armed and with a proven willingness to kill. Somebody needs to unite them.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

A friend of mine who is a school teacher where he once attended said that he was most likely shot by accident.

Accident?

1 - Mistaken for another person who was meant to be shot?
2- Or some random gun shot that just hit someone?

I suppose you mean 1...

I assume they meant 2?

A friend of mine had his little sister shot last summer standing in a park watching a basketball game. That part didn't make the news. But, par for the neighborhood, over the next couple of days retaliation shootings piled up, and a couple of people ended up dead, and that did manage a mention on their local evening news. Very little police response, if any, and certainly no national outrage, just another day in the inner city.

His sister is a great kid, and she is an A-student, and despite the shooting and almost dying, she has now moved away to college. My friend celebrated his 30th birthday last year, and he cried, and he never expected to live to be 30. A lot of the kids he grew up with didn't see 20, and being 30, alive, and not in jail was a pipe dream for them! He made it, his sister made it, most don't.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Pretty bad when the killers can't even kill their correct target. Just a bunch of losers.

Hopefully the police will take this seriously and find the shooter.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

There's the humane answer I was looking for! =D

Thank you.

I do too hope this case is brought to justice.

And yes, you are right. Accident was in reference to it being the wrong person. The trigger was definitely pulled on purpose. It was the misconception as to who it was, and who it was for.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It happens everyday man and why the media chooses to focus on one incident over another? Well, thats an age old question.
They do the same thing with missing children. Do you realize how many kids go missing each year? 58,200 were reported missing in non-family abductions in a one year period of time but the media will only focus on a handful of these.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
Whether "accidental" or not, I hope they find the owner of the gun that fired that fatal shot and arrest them and make them answer to why this happened. I put accidental in quotes because unless that gun fired itself, it wasn't an accident. No one's life deserves to be ended so short and unexpected like that.

The "owner" of the gun....... or the shooter?

You're response sounds a little baited?

Gang-bangers are not buying their guns in gun shops or at gun shows, or from law-abiding gun owners selling their weapon to buy another weapon, so the "owner" of that gun is probably a regular, law-abiding citizen, with a police report on file for a stolen weapon, unless of course the "owner" is the ATF or CIA and the gun came from Fast and Furious.

Gang-Bangers "own" guns for all of a couple of days. They steal them, or have one handed to them from a friend or cohort, and they use them, and they dispose of them, they don't really "own" them.

new topics

top topics

join