It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm having trouble functioning in this illusion we call life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Love, Hope, Trust are merely illusions we as humans trick ourselves into believing. Truth is you are a machine deigned by nature running advanced programs that's in denial about it's existence. You believe in love between men and women right? Truth be told you're instincts are pushing you towards each other. NOT love or anything else. Males are deeply hardwired to visually seek out youthful women of low body weight. Women are hardwired to seek out 50/50 on the other hand. A male with dominance, strength in what he does, a man with certain looks so her baby will turn out healthy and sometimes a provider when needed. This is our reality about love........it doesn't exist. Instead mankind aka flesh-machines should be embracing their instinctual nature.

Hope blinds mankind into believing there is more to his/her mechanical existence. You hope there is a god simply because you read some book about an entity of great power. You hope you're girlfriend will take you back but in truth you're merely a low ranked beta-male that was always used as a provider. You hope your man will have more sex with you but in truth you know deep down men are much more visual and you're overweight. Hope doesn't exist you see now. It's you who must force change if you desire a better life on earth.

Sarah TRUSTS her man won't look at other girls (Sarah moronically ignoring his male instinct that keeps him programmed to be a visual machine designed to penetrate as many opposite sex lifeforms as possible.) David TRUSTS his wife would never divorce or cheat on him (Poor silly David doesn't realize females are hypergamous and depending on many factors can and will trade up for better. Mind you this DOES NOT MAKE WOMEN BAD. It's merely built in instincts of a woman and most men are too much in denial to accept this reality) Mary TRUSTS this guy she has been hanging out with for a year. (I wish Mary was a Mind reader or else she would have known that her 1 year old guy friend is a pedophile) Truth is TRUST doesn't exist. All you people are doing is blindly accepting other humans words.

Humanity is composed of machines of the flesh psychologically entrapped in a fantasy that developed over time thanks to an error coding of some sort that grew viral. So you see, you are a machine which means you were never alive to begin with. Life and death the illusions we so deeply believe in are simply different stages of your machine functionality.

Now my choices are either to continue seeing more of the truth which will lead to my downfall or adjust my programming so I'm a blind ignorant machine again thinking it's a living fantasy creature believing in love, trust and hope.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
But you are self-aware and that makes you something entirely different. A machine would never question why it does what it does. It would just continue to do what it was programmed to do. Humans bodies are programmed with behaviors. What we call instinct is just a background application that instructs our body how to operate. What we call reasoning and logic is our inner self that is aware that it's inside a machine. You're trying to cope with the reality that YOU have a conflict of interest with the machine you are living in.

That is the struggle in your mind. YOU know you should lose 20 lbs. but your body is programmed to consume all it can because of uncertainty. The mental fatigue you feel is the constant effort of working against your machine's programming. YOU are not the machine but you experience life through the machine.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Congrats you've discovered human existence.

Life is a bitch, and we're stuck in it til death, so wait and endure that's what I've been doing.

Things will never change, the possibility of change is a naive belief, the quicker you swallow that pill, the quicker you'll know.

But you as I already know this, and sadly it's almost impossible to return to the illusion which in my opinion is alot softer and easy to live.

Reality is that reality sucks. Humans suck. Life sucks. But hey, what can we do about it?

There's only one way out and it ain't pretty...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
i feel for you,it sounds like your hurting.
i love my girl unconditionally,as does she with me. i have absolute trust in her,and she with me. even though our life is a challenge right now we have hope.
positive thoughts and feelings bring positive results.
sitting around moping all day will not bring anything good.
making a life change may help you through this tuff time

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This is not The Matrix.

This is not an illusion.

This is not a construct.

We are not programmed machines.

This is reality.

Grow up. Accept it. Embrace it. Be happy.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If you haven't got hope, you are a walking breathing corpse.

Love and trust are tricky. They can be taken away and lost as quickly as they are given, but hope as they say springs eternal.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

I agree with you on some instances and your observations are correct, but where you have failed (no worries it is a minor failure). Is that your ability to make these observations, to quantify and express them in words and feelings is what make you unique and a ”Living, Feeling” being and not a machine.

Yes we have primal desires, but our minds can control, abate or disregard these primitive motivations and seek higher truths. We can and often do give into our lower instincts but this is not the whole of what being human is.

I am sorry if you have been hurt or jaded by this experience, but you are not a machine nor should you dispair, since you have discovered this. However I am happy you on a path of self recognition (yes self recognition) and are very observant of the human condition.

P.S. Trust should never be given but instead earned...
edit on 6-4-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Well, I'm glad I read this. I graduated with a psychology degree and had the same problem as you, until I discovered the quantum theory of mind. In my opinion, and I collaborated with top scientists to write my thesis, it is actually going to be the mainstream theory of mind at some point.

What it says is, we have the ability to make choices. That is what makes us human and how our brains work. There are multiple universes, and our brains let us make choices to navigate through the universes we want to based on the choices we want to make. Therefore, we have free will and are not machines.

In fact, machines cannot even function without a human setting them up for the task. No machine writes its own code or creates from nothing like humans can. Even artificial intelligence is only mimicking real intelligence. However, I believe that with proper study of a quantum theory of mind, we could make real intelligence.

This might be hard to believe. Your first thought might be to disregard it as stupid. But let me assure you, it is very valid. A lot of scientists are working on this area of study. And it will help you find peace if you research it more.

I recommend looking up Dr. Fred Alan Wolff and reading some of his books. Hope that helps. Message me if you want more information.

Also, nice Claymore avatar. Play Final Fantasy 13-2 to see how multiple universes work, and get a grasp of the idea.

In essence, the human mind is much more complicated than you seem to believe and losing your faith in things like trust, hope and love might have been a mistake - not just emotionally, but scientifically.

No worries though. I've been through what you are going through, and am always glad to help.

edit on 6-4-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
Sarah TRUSTS her man won't look at other girls (Sarah moronically ignoring his male instinct that keeps him programmed to be a visual machine designed to penetrate as many opposite sex lifeforms as possible.) David TRUSTS his wife would never divorce or cheat on him (Poor silly David doesn't realize females are hypergamous and depending on many factors can and will trade up for better. Mind you this DOES NOT MAKE WOMEN BAD. It's merely built in instincts of a woman and most men are too much in denial to accept this reality) Mary TRUSTS this guy she has been hanging out with for a year. (I wish Mary was a Mind reader or else she would have known that her 1 year old guy friend is a pedophile) Truth is TRUST doesn't exist. All you people are doing is blindly accepting other humans words.

If women are not bad for being hypergamous because it is programmed into their DNA, then why are men bad for being obsessed by sex when it is programmed into their DNA? It seems some women are in denial of this hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
This is not The Matrix.

This is not an illusion.

This is not a construct.

We are not programmed machines.

This is reality.

Grow up. Accept it. Embrace it. Be happy.

This is an illusion.

This is a construct.

We are preprogrammed biomachines.

This is virtual reality.

Develop. Accept it. Embrace it. Enjoy it.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I understand how you feel, but I do not agree with you. There is much more to life that your analysis does not cover, too much so to properly respond to in a thread of this nature. Mankind's search for meaning is one of the deepest, most profound subjects in human history.

That being said, your commentary seems to focus on one particular aspect, that of love and interpersonal relationships. I read your post over several times, and I see some hurt and fear in there. Sometimes the safest way for the mind and heart to try to avoid the hurt and fear that can inevitably result from skating on the thin ice or relationships is to put up a front with a stoic summary of our nature. Whether you know it or not, the views you expressed are an emotional safety net.

At some point in life, I think you will have to confront the hurt and fear in order to (possibly) see that selfless love between human beings does exist and comes from a source much different than the genetic programming philosophy you now have.

I wish you the best, and hope you find your way to a better place.

top topics

join