It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just a little food for thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I am finding as I am healing both emotionally a phisicially that many professional and friends or ex friends alike just out of the blue give up on you. Can you imagine what that will be in a wide spread or universal sit x. people will just blow you off in the blink of an eye that is truly some thing to ponder don't you think. I have kept this short on purpose not much I can really say about it its just some thing people need to think about on there own

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I know its off topic, but may I ask what your healing from?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by angryamerican

Self reliance can strengthen the core. A strong core can aid in recovery. Worry not of the others for all fall on theyre own merit. Learn to live rather than live for death...

ThatGuy45
edit on 6/4/12 by ThatGuy45 because: edit to add

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FenderWolf

I am healing two fold first is my marriage is falling apart after 21 years and I am not taking it well When I got married it was forever. I guess she had other plans. Second Every bone in the right side of my face was busted its been a long hard recover. I have lost over 70 pounds most of it muscle I was never that obese to begin with so it had no choice but to eat the muscle.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
hope yo do well soon friend. i know what you mean about 'friends'. i made it a pont to sisassociate withe these people,because i was getting nowhere quick. i have a couple of close friends but thats it. im alone alot,but it gives me time to think about my life and my needs. not to impress others!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I hear ya.

It's tough going through healing.. Self Healing being the hardest... Physical along with Self, that's enough to give the Spirit a good workout..

In my past year, I have "awakened" or whatever, and a lot of my personal issues all came crashing down on me (literally making me have a bipolar breakdown.. duality... hmmph
).
Anywho, I can count on a single hand the people that remain to this day.
Everyone I called "friend" abandoned me.
It took a lot to get over the initial "loneliness" but I soon learned HOW important self-love is.
My path to enlightenment has led me to this narrow, twisted road, where only one person can tread at a time..
I know now that these people left because they were supposed to leave.
One day, when their eyes open, they will recognize what I REALLY am..
Now, they all are afraid, rather than some, now it is all.
I don't know why..
But I suppose lower vibrational beings would not be attracted to something unlike them.

We cannot be dependent on others until we can depend on ourselves..

Keep fighting the good fight (: Good vibes to you on this lovely Friday. Hope the best to you
edit on 6-4-2012 by PrincessofSwords because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by angryamerican
I am finding as I am healing both emotionally a phisicially that many professional and friends or ex friends alike just out of the blue give up on you. Can you imagine what that will be in a wide spread or universal sit x. people will just blow you off in the blink of an eye that is truly some thing to ponder don't you think. I have kept this short on purpose not much I can really say about it its just some thing people need to think about on there own

I have a buddy battling cancer at the young age of 30, and he is finding the same things. He had all the support in the world for awhile, but at it drags on, going on 4 years now, the support is drying up, and worse yet, the friendships are drying up. It becomes difficult to have someone in your life that is requiring extra attention, or is dampening your spirits, or has ceased to provide the entertainment or resources they used to provide. Everyone loves you when you are doing things for them, but when you need something, people will oblige for awhile, but at some point, they start cutting their losses, and in the end, we find ourselves mostly alone.

And, it isn't a knock on those people, because I find myself having those thoughts and tendencies, and it takes a conscious effort on my part to remain a good friend to him. It is much easier to avoid and forget than it is to reach out and insert yourself into their lives. It is uncomfortable and difficult and it doesn't provide anything back to you except a little piece of mind in performing your dutiful obligations, and even that gives you guilt. It shouldn't be an obligation, it should be a pleasure to be there, and be a good friend all the way to the end.

So, don't hate those that just fall by the wayside, they might not even realize they are doing it. It takes a lot of mental and emotional effort to stick by someone through the roughest times. Appreciate those that can stick it out, but don't hate the ones that can't make it.

As far as this applies to a survival situation, I think you are right on point!! If you are the one with plenty of resources to give, you will have all the friends in the world. If you are the one in need of resources, you will find a whole lot of locked doors and armed guards, and people that suddenly don't recognize you anymore.

new topics

top topics

join