It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music which has a real political message.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Hi all, I grew up in a musical family who love country and folk music. I got into rock initially through the many of the old favorites like Deep purple, Led Zeppelin, ac/dc etc. But then i discovered Punk, Dischord Bands like Fugazi and Dag Nasty or Bad Religion.
I liked the idea of "do it yourself" music and began to squat buildings in order to do gigs for free and to collect donations rather than have an entrance fee. This worked very well, the Bands sang songs with real impact and meaning rather than " i loved him/her its all so great or all so bad". The people donated more than Venues were paying.
I got envolved with the politics of squatting and survival. Then The rave culture happened in the U.K, Lots of the punk soundsystems began incorporating the new djs and acts into the parties.
They played electronic dance music, Tekno, drum and bass etc but kept the old punk attitudes alive. My system was called Shtonka, I got into organisations like reclaim the streets and found that through my sklls i could send a political message through music and reach far more people than i could just publishing my ideas.
I got a real Job in a recording and rehearsal studio and carried on my own sideline stuff. That is until tptb had enough of me, the police tried to set me up on conspiracy charges but ironically i was saved from Jail by cctv footage (thats another story). I retired at 31 years old and moved with my two young kids to southern spain. Led the quiet life farming and selling books until I was approached by this Band. "Absolut Pantz". We went to record at my old studio in London and did some recordings at home here is two videos. I hope you like them

edit on 6-4-2012 by discolo because: Cant get the boolox video to load. why is it so difficult?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Here you go.

edit: Sorry, can't stand it! Seriously, 30 seconds in was enough for me, I must be getting old.

(I see where you tried to link it, you almost got the first one right, just without the v= bit would have worked... ALMOST! There was also a typo iplmtmBejJ0 is what you should have, but you added an extra "i" in it near the end)

edit on 6-4-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by discolo

Copy the code between the two = signs and paste it into the youtube box.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Interesting story discolo, Just link the youtube vid addresses if you can't get the clips working.
2nd line..

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by discolo

Loving the audience participation.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

edit on 6-4-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Today's the day
The time is here
We take back control
And conquer our fears

edit on 6/4/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kester

Many thanks, sometimes i can do it sometimes i cant. i never remember what i did the last time, thats the reason i rarely post lol

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kester

That dragon festival video happened when the local council tried to stop the festival by digging huge holes to stop people coming they knew there would be a backlash so they said it was to plant trees in. its 4 years later now and they have not planted anything in the 8ftx5ftx6ft deep holes.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Heres a new track recorded in a cowshed!

Ok here goes following your instructions!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

I heard these guys a few years ago, someone left a cd behind after a party, its more my girlfriends kind of music but brilliant lyrics.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Ok heres my last post of the day, Dan le sac Vs Scroobious Pip, completely different kind of music....but still got a message.
Who do you suggest for a listen?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
you may not like rap,, i dont like that much of it,,, but this dude has a pretty strong message...

this album is relatively recent,, all songs with political message,

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

A fine selection, I was trying to decide which Chumbawamba song to put up I hadn't gotten around to thinking about crass. They were really the first intelligent punk band for me. Honey Bane is still going strong.
I remember Anthrax too, I was a big 2000A.D Fan, loved their "I am The Law" single about Judge Dredd. Created by alan Moore. He also created V For Vendetta didn't he?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Political music? Rage:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Not heard this lot, very good i can see how it appeals to some listeners who prefer their guitars not to be cranked to 11. Touring europe any time soon?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by discolo

lol I think rage is good loud, but the cold, smart kind has it's appeal too. Here is link to tours : stateradio.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join