It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright blue orb orbiting the moon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I don't know what to make of this. I have a Sony point and shoot camera that is capable of taking detailed images in very low light. There is a bright moon right now, so I went out, pointed the camera at the moon and clicked. I checked the result immediately, and was puzzled to find a bright blue orb next to the moon. So I took another shot, and found that the blue orb had moved in relation to the position of the moon. This prompted me to take several shots of the moon as quickly as I could. I was flabbergasted to find that this blue thing was actually orbiting the moon ! I could clearly see it disappear behind the moon, then swing out on the other side and continue to make a circuit round the moon to disappear behind the moon again. This went on without stopping. I thought it might be the stars, but the stars showed up as bright spots in the sky and not as blue orbs. Besides, this was much bigger than the stars. What gives ?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Sounds interesting,

why not post the pictures?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
When I read the title I immediatley though 'The Hopi!"

Please post pictures.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It would be much easier for us to disscus if you posted the pictures.

Right now it's a story

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Yes, please post the pictures, preferably as an animated gif. My hunch is that your "orb" is a lens flare that shifted its position as the camera moved.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
if you only saw it on your camera
not firsthand
then i would have to say it sounds like lens flares
but you never know!
and you really should post the pics either way

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
after reading similar posts on here for the past several years, i can tell you that it will turn out to be NOTHING.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Any satellites orbiting the moon today? I heard not long ago there were several sent to do that. Maybe one of them brightens big occasionally.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by apsalmist

Any satellites orbiting the moon today? I heard not long ago there were several sent to do that. Maybe one of them brightens big occasionally.

They would be too small to be visible to the naked eye. Furthermore, anything orbiting the Moon at an altitude high enough to be distinguished from the Earth would be moving very slowly, not quickly.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Most likely a lens flare,as the moon was reflecting a heck of a lot of sunlight last night,being a day away from full moon.
Lens flares are often blue.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by carlosox

I filmed a blue orb too just now.

It must be intelligently controlled because it moved in direct relation to my movements...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I filmed a blue orb too just now.

It must be intelligently controlled because it moved in direct relation to my movements...

2nd

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
this thread is a wate of time without pictures. you took the pictures why not post them?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Yes, please post the pictures, preferably as an animated gif. My hunch is that your "orb" is a lens flare that shifted its position as the camera moved.

Agreed!!

- Not visible to naked eyes
- Lens flares are produced by unwanted light paths through the camera optics. Many widely circulated UFO photographs are unquestionably the result of lens flares. Symmetry about a line connecting the flare to a bright light source in the photograph/video is usually the clue to identification of a lens flare.

Source

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Nightime...
Your moving....
Shutter is open a long time to compensate for the lack of light, so your getting another moon image perhaps?

or Lens flare... Bit hard to know with some purdy pictures. Will you be posting them up?

EDIT! Unless its the Bat signal??????????????
To the bat cave!
edit on 6-4-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Thanks guys. Took a load off my shoulder. I thought I had stumbled onto something not meant for human eyes, and was afraid that I'd suddenly wake up at night and find two eight foot tall insectoid aliens by my bedside ! That was the reason I did not to post any pictures.
It appears now that the lens flare explanation is the most plausible one. Whew ! I showed the pictures to my family, and my son who is an engineer, took one look at it and dismissed it as nothing out of the ordinary. I'm glad ATS is full of knowledgeable folk who can solve any problem in a thrice.
It's the early hours of the morning here, and I just got up to see if there were any responses to my post. I'll post the picture tomorrow.
Thanks again guys - you are simply great !!!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

Why even come to the website, then? You obviously have a distortion not towards skepticism but towards disbelief. I can tell YOU after many years here that you'll be forever stuck in that mode. Don't even bother to research more, don't even bother to look at the pics. Keep discrediting and keep discouraging.

Thanks, OP. Rather or not is a lens flare, remain diligent and don't be discouraged. S+F
edit on 11/19/2009 by RadiatorOfTheLight because: In the most likely case you get defensive, I'm not saying it wasn't that. But if you look at the other posts, you'll notice how they use "most likely" and "it is probably"... Rather than the flat rude, condescending, and superior wording of YOUR reply.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Unable to post the picture here. Could someone inform me how to do this ? But rest assured that it was just lens flare. Once the images were loaded from the camera onto the computer screen, it was plain to see that it was lens flare after all.
Case closed.
ATS is the best place to be !

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
mhmm Kinda like the ring around the sun.. My aunt ran around screaming about the sun expanding and going to kill us all. xD

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I have many pictures and video of this blue orb. I only see it when it's a full moon. It is almost unbelievable yet astonishing. I will post videos and pictures taken several months apart showing the same blue orb. I am no idiot, I know what a lens flare is and I take many pictures in general, this is no lens flare. This is my first post, I will get the pics/ and videos up as soon as possible. I would LOVE for someone to explain to me what this is!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join