It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'April Fireballs' days - Ball of Fire (meteor) blazes across San Antonio, TX sky

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
We've all heard that April is the 'fireball month' and that's why we call the full moon in April the 'fireball moon.' What a load of baloney!
And now it's a contrail? How does that tie in with the fireball month? Kind of thick - the contrail and the baloney.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

I agree so if NASA says its a Jet Contrail it must be true! and if its a jet howcome its hidden in the footage? usual jets with contrails are pretty noticeable.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I think it's called being between a rock and a hard place. The April Fireball month thing didn't go over that well and how could it when it's a lie out of the pit. The contrail thing is also a no-no because just look at it - that's a contrail? It looks pretty substantial...like a debris field...so that brings in the what kind of a contrail is that thing. And I've heard over and over again how all the planes and their routes are known. It took this long to figure out it was a contrail? Something ain't right.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

hmm yeah, 'just' a jet contrail? thats a heck of alot of inefficient rocket combustion and it looks like its going in the wrong direction, do u need all that stuff burning to do DOWN?

and where ARE all the 'real' Aprils fireballs, then? if the one put in the spotlight as an exemplary one, was later corrected to just be manmade (how could NASA not tell right away?!?)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

It's just a contrail.

Sounds like some people got it wrong and have admitted to it by correcting themselves...

Surely you've made a mistake before?

Here's some more sunlit contrails (misidentified) for you:

This is a (bright) comet:

They move very slowly through the sky, the one above is a time lapse taken over 4.3 hours.

And these are meteors:

These are fast moving and very bright.

It's extremely easy to tell what's what.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

So, wow, 12 video clips (thankfully short) to show that there is a panel somewhere that decides what is what. I have to contend with the 'real' fireball clips you put up. I witnessed a poison green fireball once in the middle of nowhere with no lights anywhere. It didn't streak and it didn't flash as it ended. It was huge though - the size of a small moon.

The questions from concerned citizens are:
1. Why wasn't it originally reported as a contrail if that is what it so obviously was?
2. Why was the whole 'April Fireball Month' thing concocted and why was that necessary?
3. Is it just me or are these contrails getting thicker and more substantial?
4. Does this have anything to do with the San Bruno CA fireball?
5. Is the Oort Cloud involved?

Good post though...time intensive...which means you have a vested interest in your interpretation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join