Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

is it just me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
do any other guys out there end up with chicks that are slightly off there rocker or are attracted to said chicks, i know what most dudes will say that all chicks are crazy(and i agree), but im talking about chicks that really have mentalemotional issues(not disabled). i ask this because my track record is starting to raises some flags that i currently attract said chicks, dig said chicks, and end up in a relationship with said chicks. I also can see that I maybe off my rocker and that is why i attract said chicks(highly unlikely from my perspective) i am just a dude in my eyes with some eccentricities, but anyway anybody got a thought on the issue?
edit on 6-4-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
i will tell you this much my friend: i have a theory that women must trade sanity for beauty! i swear...the young hot ones...the hotter they are, the crazier they seem to be.

it's like they make a deal with the devil before they come here. they'd rather be gorgeous than level headed. or perhaps it's their beauty that creates these issues because of how guys act towards them growing up? i have been with some hot chicks in my day and i swear, the best looking ones are usually the craziest.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

That's a lot of "dudes" and "chicks" in one paragraph, but I understand what you're saying.

I always seem to end up with females that have legitimate issues, and I've spent more than a little time trying to understand why.

I think it is because I feel like I can help them or even "save" them, that's just my personality type. I want to fix them and make their lives better. Never works out for me in the end, but for whatever reason I am attracted to it.

Also, they tend to be a bit more interesting and exciting, at least to me, but not necessarily in a good way. So it goes.

ETA: ICEKOHLD makes a good point. Spot on, even.
edit on 6-4-2012 by VariableConstant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I have no answers, my own daughter is bat# crazy. Gorgeous and bat# crazy.
Every time I meet a new boyfriend it's hard not to pull a sympathetic but "Oh god you're DOOMED" face.
She'll grow out of it I'm sure.
*Touches wood*

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I guess a lot of it depends on what your definition of "eccentricities" is.

Don't take this the wrong way, but thinking that one of your past dates might have been "alien" isn't working in your favor.

There are a lot of unstable and/or irresponsible people out there. So, don't feel like you're alone or get depressed or frustrated if it takes you almost half of your life to weed through them. It's worth the time and the process when you finally find the right one.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
do any other guys out there end up with chicks that are slightly off there rocker or are attracted to said chicks, i know what most dudes will say that all chicks are crazy(and i agree), but im talking about chicks that really have mentalemotional issues(not disabled). i ask this because my track record is starting to raises some flags that i currently attract said chicks, dig said chicks, and end up in a relationship with said chicks. I also can see that I maybe off my rocker and that is why i attract said chicks(highly unlikely from my perspective) i am just a dude in my eyes with some eccentricities, but anyway anybody got a thought on the issue?

How old are these chicks?

Little tidbit of info. The frontal lobe of the brain (the part that controls meta-cognition, empathy, flexibility, organizational skills, and a host of others) doesn't fully develop until around age 25. Keep that in mind.

Additionally, teenagers practically stay in their limbic system. The limbic system is the emotional center of the brain (that's simplified, but you get the point). When someone is highly emotional, they have difficulty accessing the frontal lobe. So emotional outbursts are very common.

Also, teenagers of both sexes are inundated with hormones as their bodies mature. This soup of hormones can impact reasoning skills and emotional responses.

Finally, I think theres a fundamental difference between the way men and women think. And good luck figuring that one out!

Good luck with your relationships in the future! It will get better!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

women are emotional beings, men are factual. Not All women are crazy. Dont know what goes through their head. Ones that drink are worse. I am lucky enough to find a hard working loving individual. Keep searching!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

"I think it is because I feel like I can help them or even "save" them, that's just my personality type. I want to fix them and make their lives better."

That there says a lot. it is not "them" you are trying to change or make their lives better it is "YOU"!!!!!! Make yourself happy with who you are and you will not need to "want to change" them. Change only comes from example. I use to be as you when I was young , as you grow older you see the fault in that thinking

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sd211212
reply to post by VariableConstant

"I think it is because I feel like I can help them or even "save" them, that's just my personality type. I want to fix them and make their lives better."

That there says a lot. it is not "them" you are trying to change or make their lives better it is "YOU"!!!!!! Make yourself happy with who you are and you will not need to "want to change" them. Change only comes from example. I use to be as you when I was young , as you grow older you see the fault in that thinking

That's spot on IMO.

Trying to change people is like trying to teach a pig how to sing. The pig is never going to sing and you'll only end up annoying the pig. ( Sorry ladies, it's the only analogy I can think of right now). I used to be the same way when I was younger but I eventually saw that dead end road for what it was.

OP.......the best you can do is try to make their differences and yours mesh. Either accept them for what they are or not. And stop looking at them like they're crazy, that doesn't help.

Sounds like this is your theme song buddy:

(If that still doesn't work)

youtu.be...

edit on 6-4-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: To edit

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Don't take this the wrong way, but thinking that one of your past dates might have been "alien" isn't working in your favor.

There are a lot of unstable and/or irresponsible people out there. So, don't feel like you're alone or get depressed or frustrated if it takes you almost half of your life to weed through them. It's worth the time and the process when you finally find the right one.

i said this many times in my last thread about the weird chick, i didnt think she was a alien but it opened me up to the idea that there are humanoid aliens in human disguise on earth were as before i wrote that theory off as crazy. but thank you for the advice.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

How old are these chicks?

Little tidbit of info. The frontal lobe of the brain (the part that controls meta-cognition, empathy, flexibility, organizational skills, and a host of others) doesn't fully develop until around age 25. Keep that in mind.

Additionally, teenagers practically stay in their limbic system. The limbic system is the emotional center of the brain (that's simplified, but you get the point). When someone is highly emotional, they have difficulty accessing the frontal lobe. So emotional outbursts are very common.

Also, teenagers of both sexes are inundated with hormones as their bodies mature. This soup of hormones can impact reasoning skills and emotional responses.

Finally, I think theres a fundamental difference between the way men and women think. And good luck figuring that one out!

Good luck with your relationships in the future! It will get better!

usally my age give or take a year so that puts them between 25-30

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
its because you are actively searching for it, so you will find it everytime.

if you don't look for it, and remain committed to finding a nice calm smart girl, you will find her, or rather, she will find you.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

"eccentricities", i got a underlying geraphobia that i can hide fairly well, yet my own house is not the epitome of clean or organization(bachlor pad), i have tons of ussless knowelege that constanly stolls through my throught procssse that seems to distract me from everyday life and as well i have one of those memorys that catologe and remember every face ive every seen as well as voice, which also distracts me, to counter act these mind distractions i keep a little alcohol in me( a couple cold tall cans a day, nothing serious) and smoke the reffer whitch really helps(i would rather go this route than pills). premonitions vist me through dreams, feelings, and dejavu, whitch somtimes puts me on the paranoid level(not constantly).

like i said a few issues but i meld with everyday society fairly well hope this clears it up for u

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Its just you....And them...And a great majority of people out there.

Here let me clear what you wrote up for you way to many words for something that can be said with so much less words.

do any other guys out there end up with chicks that are slightly off there rocker or are attracted to said chicks

Translation...you are attracted to chicks that are slightly off there rocker.

i know what most dudes will say that all chicks are crazy(and i agree), but im talking about chicks that really have mentalemotional issues(not disabled). i ask this because my track record is starting to raises some flags that i currently attract said chicks, dig said chicks, and end up in a relationship with said chicks.

A whole bunch of words you used there to say this------>You like crazy chicks.

I also can see that I maybe off my rocker and that is why i attract said chicks(highly unlikely from my perspective) i am just a dude in my eyes with some eccentricities,

crazy is as crazy does, like attracts like in biological entities it seems, now if you were made of metal or your insides were magnetized then I suppose opposites would attract. But your not, so it wont.

but anyway anybody got a thought on the issue?

Yes, I have many thoughts.......

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

thanxs for the english lesson prof

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
the hotter they are, the crazier they seem to be.

Yes, and they're allowed to be crazy so long as they're equally hot. I'm sure the law of diminishing returns comes into play at some point so know what your tolerance level is when selecting a female friend.

edit on 4/6/2012 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
the hotter they are, the crazier they seem to be.

Yes, and they're allowed to be crazy so long as they're equally hot. I'm sure the law of diminishing returns comes into play at some point so know what your tolerance level is when selecting a female friend.

edit on 4/6/2012 by dbates because: (no reason given)

i think u just gave the insight i need to carry on, it all boils down to math makes it alot simpler

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The actual video explains it better. It's worth watching and good to keep as a frame of reference. Like you said, simple math. Well math at least. Women are anything but simple.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

do any other guys out there end up with chicks that are slightly off there rocker or are attracted to said chicks,

I used to think I was the only one, when I was younger. Most seem to grow out of it. Chalk it up to hormones or something, but I've actually ran into a few of them later on in life, and they had largely acquired sanity at some point.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I tend to attract and be attracted to crazy people.

There is no doubt about it.

This is a big part of the reason I no longer date. Anyone.

edit on 4/10/2012 by Leftist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join