It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State-dominated media and Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

Your beliefs need to be challenged, otherwise they are baseless. Self-delusion is not enlightenment, if you do not challenge your beliefs you will not grow and thus you will never attain "enlightenment." This is why it is crucial to read differing opinions and educate yourself. You don't have to agree with what others say, let alone believe it, but you should absorb what they offer as a means of expanding your own wisdom and knowledge.

I can also guarantee that you have taken much influence from second hand sources rather than first hand sources. I'll try to briefly explain how we learn and how it impacts us:

There are two ways, first hand learning and second hand learning. First hand learning is through personal experience; you touch a hot stove and quickly learn, or rather, come into knowing, that contact with said stove will result in burning and pain. Second hand learning is derived from the knowledge passed down to us from those who have, perhaps, experienced certain things first hand. For example, you probably at some point were told that jumping off of a cliff will result in injury, if not death.

You don't need to experience said injury first hand to accept it, do you?

In this way we learn from the great.

The scope of second hand learning is, however, much wider and can be much more subtle. We learn acceptable social behavior and mannerisms through socialization, something which is absolutely unavoidable lest one lives in complete isolation for his or her entire life from birth through death. We learn language through socialization, which enables us to communicate in said manner now, and so on. It doesn't take much digging to find out that our beliefs are seldom our own, and for good reason.

What if you refused to believe that jumping off of cliffs could injure and kill you?

What if you refused to believe that eating poop could make you sick? After all, flies eat it, why can't we?

What if you refused to believe that the Earth was round because you couldn't personally zoom out far enough to witness it?

Would you be enlightened?

Challenge what you believe because it will weed out the flaws in your belief system and help fortify it; this is the only path to authentic enlightenment and a rooted identity.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

No, apparently you only need a gun and a few bombs and your life will be happily spent murdering innocent people and defending all who do.

As a beside, I know MY world, the ME... it is yours I do not know as well, or simply find I do not relate to since it has a lot to do with murder, condoning murder, defending those who murder, and lying about the reasons people are being killed.

edit on 7-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I'm in Europe, and here people are actually siding with Iran, people here are literally against ant strike and in fact support an Iranian pre emptive strike on Israel.

It is only in the US where SOME, not all but some of the population are dumb.

we came a long way since 9/11, the zionist system is in decline..

this is why the zionists are helping radical islamists all over the middle east, its time to destroy the Arabs and create greater israel

This is when iran comes in, followed by Imam Mahdi (as) who will create a world order based on justice and so the zionists and elites will taste some of their own medicine

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
I'm in Europe, and here people are actually siding with Iran, people here are literally against ant strike and in fact support an Iranian pre emptive strike on Israel.

I don't know which Europe you live in, but not in my Europe.

It is only in the US where SOME, not all but some of the population are dumb.

You know who is even dumber than the masses who pre-occupy themselves with X-factor and the likes? People who distrust their own government so much that they start to believe the Iranian regime,,,without ever having been there! Without ever having an honest conversation with an Iranian.

this is why the zionists are helping radical islamists all over the middle east, its time to destroy the Arabs and create greater israel

Wait what??? Israel is buddies with Saudi Arabia. America is buddies with Saudi Arabia. I don't know which Arabs you are talking about but you are clearly talking out of your behind.

This is when iran comes in, followed by Imam Mahdi (as) who will create a world order based on justice and so the zionists and elites will taste some of their own medicine

So you ACTUALLY believe that what goes on inside Iran right now is based on Justice?

My behind.

Yeh, keep pretending you know crap from crap. Keep pretending that you know what the hell is going on inside Iran. Karma has a way of dealing with people like yourself.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Unfortunately, the week minds are swayed by the ones that say, “Here is the way, this is the path.” I am free, I walk wherever I desire.
the air here is unusually thick with trolls.
Enjoy your enlightenment
www.apostatesofislam.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join