It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Sounds. Moon Related? Go Outside!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Moon is bright and full tonight and I can hear is a constant ringing in the sky that is hard to deny. I don't have any equipment to record and analyze this sound but can't help but theorize that the sound is more noticeable than on other nights when moon is not visible or full compared to nights like this.

The sound is similar to something like those found in this Youtube video.

Does anyone else notice this constant and noticeable ringing sound in the sky tonight?

Yes it's just a speculation to connect this sound to the moon but it seems to most noticeable on nights like this.

Could the sky sounds be moon related?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
i had the same thought tonight while looking at the moon, but I figured that the sounds would not be so localized if they were coming from the moon.

just a thought

but, if you wanted to be motivated, you could compare the position of the moon with the area's that heard the sounds.

maybe you could fine a correlation...
edit on 6-4-2012 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Almost 2:15 am here in Berkeley. No sound except the faint sound of the freeway.

The moon is beautiful, but quiet.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Dont know where you guys are Im here in Queensland OZ,its a full moon big as a mofo,no noise though,I'm sorry for not buying into that noise crap but i was just fishing and it was quiet as a nuns hoo hoo...

You sure its not Harp hahah
edit on 6-4-2012 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Yesterday I was walking with the dogs in the evening and I was also looking at the Moon but I didn't hear any sound. Just the Moon.

Btw, I am from the Netherlands.
edit on 6-4-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
5 am Good Friday

Full Moon over Berkeley

sv.berkeley.edu...

No sounds whatsoever

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Does anyone else notice this constant and noticeable ringing sound in the sky tonight?

No.

Yes it's just a speculation to connect this sound to the moon but it seems to most noticeable on nights like this.

Are there insects in your area? If there are cicadas, crickets or other noisy insects about, it may be that they are more active in bright moonlight. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
5 am Good Friday

Full Moon over Berkeley

sv.berkeley.edu...

No sounds whatsoever

Holy #!!

Is that the view from your house!?!?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Click the link.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

sorry... 7:34 am I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer... still a damn nice pic. lol

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

Wow actually yeah i did hear something like this. Last night at about midnight i was going outside calling for my cat to come outside when i started to look at the sky because idk it just seemed so pretty to me even though it was cloudy because it had just stormed and then i started to hear a faint ringing coming from the sky. It sounded sort of like wind chimes to me.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I wish that was the view from my house!!

Here is where I live.

That big lighted street is University Avenue, the UC Campus is at the East end and it ends at the Berkeley Marina.
edit on 6-4-2012 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PINGi14
Moon is bright and full tonight and I can hear is a constant ringing in the sky that is hard to deny. I don't have any equipment to record and analyze this sound but can't help but theorize that the sound is more noticeable than on other nights when moon is not visible or full compared to nights like this.

The sound is similar to something like those found in this Youtube video.

Cool!

In my mind's eye as I read what you were saying,

I was thinking of acoustics respective to the echo effect...

What if it's the sound of something big screaming towards us???

I'm sure the vacuum of space could cancel-out anything audible?

Plus the timing and all the locations of audio/echo/effect on the globe have to all jibe with pi?

top topics

join