It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I am doing this introduction rather late as i have already made other posts but i have always wanted to make an intro. Firstly Id like to say that I do read quite a bit, more so than what my family or friends know, or what society would expect from a "minority". As far as race goes I'm mixed with probably a little of everything I am the metal the Melting Pot (The U.S.) has made, Im definitely not racist, i deplore racism from all ethnicities especially from African Americans as they were once enslaved by another race, they should hate all forms of racism from whites and mostly from themselves. I'm definitely into expanding my knowledge that is why i joined ATS to deny ignorance. I have always took pride in learning history, and math to some extent though i never made exeptional grades in school, my test scores always proved my intelligence to my teachers sometimes I look back and wondered where i would be if I actually gave more focus to school. (btw I read somewhere that Einstien was not an A B+ student in school either) Although i have what i consider an exeptional imagination as compared to some of my peers. I tend to come up with many thought provoking ideas that have me lost sometimes in an almost dream state for hours at times. I believe that perhaps much about our universe and how we interact with each other as a speices can be learned by spending time alone and examining ourselves.

As an only child I spent much of my time alone, and as an only child I found ways to be entertained by immering myself into my own thoughts and finding creative outlets such as sketching and music though i never learned to play an instrument, computers have pretty cool programs for composing without knowing notation, or playing a real instrument. Many times in my youth people attempted to coerce me into believing into G_d by means of religion, here in the U.S. Christianity. Though my personal belief is that religion makes us biased and I mean All Religions because in some way or another they attempt to shape us in a way to fit with their doctrine. Lets be honest when have you ever seen a book that said G_d was the sole author, you havent. All religious books have been authored by men, that is the main reason I'm very skeptical of religions though i do not claim to be atheist because atheism is the exact same as hold religion. Pretty much I think that its impossible to know if G_d is real, I doubt that G_d would have a gender as insinuated by abrahamic religions, let alone can G_d have a name. I feel that abstaining from religion has made me a better person because Im kind to others without the fear that if not I'll burn in Hell for eternity.

:
iscaimer::
-I am in no way anti religion, I'm only expressing my beliefs. Hey, if it helps you sleep at night have at it but do not attempt to push your religious ideas on me as you will face a most mind-blowing reality check you ever have witnessed.

People have always labeled me as weird or goth because I used to be anti-social as a child, I was shy and to some extent i still am even though im 20 years old. I was quiet because i was unsure how to react to people as I have always been told about how fake and phoney people really are by my mother, who throughout her life has experienced what people are really capable of, and to what extent people will use you to get what they want. In my mind I've always thought that when knowledge speaks wisdom listens, so I have always prided myself on listening no matter what was being said then taking that knowledge and finding truth for myself. I advise everyone to do the same, I often tell people you must find truth for yourself no one can give you the answers you are looking. That is pretty much my philosophy for interaction in the world and with other people, I stop, look, and listen, before I leap.

This is where you may begin to stop reading. Sigh.....

I have an esp. Yes let the closed minded ATSers come and heckle me with their lack of intelligence for its possibility, i have telepathy, but it's not like what you would think. I can know what other people are thinking but it's based on distance reative to my position and how much power and emotion they put behind their thoughts. often I have found when I call people out on thinking certain things they" KNOW for a fact" is impossible for me to know just deny me or dismiss it as a lucky guess. Strange though some never ask me to do it again, with that lame overused remark "well what am i thinking now?" come back, then even if i should get it right they will tell me I'm wrong anyway. My mothers family has a history of esp, dating back to my Native American great great grandmother who from what I have been told somehow transferred it to my grandmother and i guess it just passes down through lineage. My mother could remote view (I have never tried this) and couls also see what most would call spirits or ghosts, she in her very early childhood could hear peoples thoughts but she said that it would have drove her crazy had her mother not told her to concentrate and block it out. She explained to me that at one point she could walk underneath power lines and hear entire conversations, apparently she was extremely hypersensitive with her abilities. She said that before she was forced to drop out of school and get a job she was a straight A student, and while in elementary she was evaluated for potentially being a genius because of her gift for numbers, but she was afraid at the time of being taken from her family, it being the 60s she grew up in and designated as African American in the South. The board of white men evaluating her could have taken her away without her family being able to do anything about it, so she dumbed herself down to purposefully fail the tests. I attempted to inquire from her more about this unknown organization that evaluated her but she maintained that she did not know who they were or where they came from or why as she was only 5 or 6 years old. Makes me wonder when some childeren just all of a sudden go missing and their parents describe the child as being extremely bright or intelligent for their age, it could be a link possibly. When I find a suitable time to ask my mom any more about this organization I will make an extended post on this for anyone who may be interested in this topic.

Well ATS thats a little about me and I know its a bit of a read but I look forward to learning much more from all of you. feel free to ask any questions i will be monitoring this post for the next few days or until I get bored.

edit on 6-4-2012 by Alexei because: info

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Welcome to 14th funnest place in the world!

www.omniglot.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Even though you've been around a bit, I think we owe it to you to have the 25 cent tour.. If nothing else please read the first link on policies. Ok.. here's some popcorn (Johnny flips on the projector and lowers the lights)

Welcome Alexei

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the "search words" of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!
Speaking of "Search", to save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache & frustration, please review the below.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

edit on 4/6/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Welcome to the "web's crazy house."

Good intro, and good read. Have fun and look forward to your future threads on ATS

Take care.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Nice intro, Kuddoos!

Enjoyed the read,

Rob414

top topics

join