It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop talking trash about the relationship forum!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The Relationships Forum is one of my favorites, I have to admit. I do enjoy the sciences and the conspiracies, but relationships are all something that we engage in (whether romantic, family or friend) and it is interesting to get people's differing viewpoints on somebody's situation.

Sometimes, getting a variety of input from all kinds of different people, male and female, makes for great reading. I enjoy contributing as well.

Yeah, there are posters who say "don't go on the internet for advice", but honestly, aside from going to a professional counselor, where SHOULD one go? Most of us are cyber-friends on here, and we want to help. Sometimes it is easier to ask a bunch of anonymous pals to clarify a situation, rather than get your real-life friends and family tangled up in a mess.

As far as those who don't like the idea of the Relationships Forum, there are many other forums to choose from. Those are probably the same posters that go on the conspiracy threads and say, "Oh, you people think everything is a conspiracy". How does that song from the 70s go....? "Can't please everyone, so you gotta please yourself".

The Relationships Forum pleases me.

edit on 6-4-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Never knew there was one, didn't come here oh so long ago for that. When did I join 2004 or something and I have never seen a Relationship Forum post and I look a lot just don't post so often, it's all been said hasn't it. I am in a relationship currently but I will check it out thanks for the heads up on this topic forums... I think people just like to feel superior sometimes and talk others down but I see no problem with such a forum, in fact it makes some sense. My former wife couldn't stand my activism, information and knowledge of so many things going on and preferred to keep her eyes closed to reality like many today. This forum could at least get like minded people together and maybe good advice for others on how to make a relationship work when one side is a sheep.

S&F

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon
I don't suppose any brave soul would like to develop a thorough thread on attachment theory and post it in the relationship forum. That would be a good place to start.

As Taupin stated, you are a very capable writer, and therefore seem more than qualified for the job...do you lack bravery? I am sure that you would do a sterling job, and as someone with a not inconsiderable attachment disorder, I look forward to the help that it may provide me, and others similarly handicapped.

And thanks for the more detailed explanation of 'vapour lock', far clearer now, and certainly not an experience that is limited to the male gender.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

You two are way too kind. That means an awful lot coming from such good writers.

And that is what is so cool about what is happening here and elsewhere. That thread, which I will not name so as not to cause a stampede, has collected some of the better and best writing talent on ATS.

Let's us bring it then.

I am going to do another thread I need to get off my chest concerning magickal, mysterious and dangerous things; and then it's "Love ATS Style"

See you there (a couple weeks or less by my estimate)

X.

Here is a good thread that has two of our favorite words in the header...

The Conspiracy Against Lovers: The Real Truth They Don't Want You To Know,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Happy Easter.

P.S.

OMG! The pendulum swings, and here we are, entering together in to a new age of ATS niceness, warmth and heart. God I love this site. And Gwampo? Good post, dude.

X again.

P.S.S. Ah god, I can't stop now. Look, we are so #ing cutting edge and prescient here at ATS, we just are. It is incredible that we are all going this direction at this time. Why? because it is all changing. These threads that will be coming (and I am hoping we can divide an conquer a bit on the work) are all going to be necessarily based in developmental psychology. But the exciting part is that the last 20 years of brain and neurology research are changing the study of human development in to a new field of research called Affect Neurobiology. It's right up our alley; warm and fuzzy with great depth of heart and understanding as well as full of cutting edge science and general systems theory.

Here is Allan Schore, the researcher who has been leading the way from his post at the UCLA Neuro-Psychiatric Institute.

Here is where it is at, here is where I wanna take it. Let me know what you think, if you don't care for it we can figure out something else.

edit on 7-4-2012 by Xoanon because: Yes!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I thought about putting this in the relationship forum, but I guess its ultimately more of a rant.

First of all, how many of you even know that ATS has a relationship forum?

Not I. This was news to me.

• ATS is full of some very, very intelligent people. We are not all lunatics! Well, some of us may be both lunatics and intelligent. But my point is, there is intelligence out there. Intelligence can be brought to bear on relationship issues too, you know.

BWAHAHAHAHA!! This just made me laugh. But yes, you're right.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Ya bro you should do a thread on this attachment disorder, I to am interested now.

I don't even know what this thread is about, since I just jumped to it by way of you and randomly jumping around ATS and its subjects so I didn't read much but a few comments, but it sounds like a good idea.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I admit...ive had my giggles and eye rolls about this forum...
However, you make such very valid points...you have changed my thoughts on it!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ok reading this thread, I think the relationship section is alright.

First when I went there I thought it should be taken down.

And that the whole relationship/love/touchy feely thing was just a bunch of disinfo propaganda lies and it took away from much more important things people should be doing. And other way more important subjects like politics, reptilians, NWO conspiracies, cat picture, pictures of ufo's that may or may not be swamp gas, or just some guys Frisbee, the world ending predictions threads, and off-course the threads about ghosts and shadow people, cant forget those.

As you can plainly see there is a whole host of other way more important things and subjects to be up about, other then relationships. In fact the whole relationship forum is like a conspiracy onto itself, what with it being on a conspiracy site in the first place. It's suspicious to say the least.

But then after staying a while it kind of warmed on me. So then I thought! Sure why not a relationship section is alright it might even bring some lol'z. It didn't bring as many lol'z as I thought,
And a lot of that stuff is just plain headache. But its still alright.

You can get lots of good information there about relationships and people, I would recommend checking up jedimiller and his relationship advice threads, and some other few peoples threads as well some of the most interesting threads I have ever seen were in that section of ATS. And even I to post comments and stuff on there once in a blue moon, if your a guy you should like totally listen to what I say. If your actually a girl! Then it ain't me that's posting that $hit, it's my evil twin gladofwarthethird so disregard 1/2 of it.

All in all I don't see what people are so worked up over, if you don't like it then don't go there and that will be that.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Originally posted by mainidh
reply to post by silent thunder

100% of people who engage in activities with someone they desire, end up dead.

I'll put this in a language you can understand......

No need, I'll put sarcasm tags around it next time.. Save you having to point out the obvious

rofl

100% of people end up dead. Period. We live to die bro. It get us ALL in the end and it doesn't matter if you associate with other people or not.

lol

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Much about attachment disorder is explained in this video.

Happy Easter.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon
Much about attachment disorder is explained in this video.

Not really. Or perhaps it does yours. Mine. Non.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join