It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Landing Hoax - The Space Suit

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Thanx man!

Excellent videos! Starred.

Lot's of good info by other posters too!

Thanx guys!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Obviously, at this point, it is accepted that the Apollo manned moon landings were staged. Taken in their totality, the explanations for the tech of the time, clearly do not hold up under the scrutiny of today's science.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by totalperdition

My father designed the robots that tested the original Gemini and Apollo space suits for wear and tear. I have no doubt that they've been into space and to the moon with humans inside them.

People think they have all the information needed to come up with the "truth". Their numbers don't add up, so it MUST be faked.

What they really have is a lack of info which is making them ignorant of the big picture.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
NASA ? most of ths suit was given to contractors. (if not all) another hole in the hoax theory, how do you keep independent contractors quiet ?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
No it isn't valid. Inside a spacesuit is not a vacuum, how did they breath. Kind of kills the idea before its even finished stated don't you think?

Wait...what isn't valid?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot
Obviously, at this point, it is accepted that the Apollo manned moon landings were staged.

Danth's law.

Taken in their totality, the explanations for the tech of the time, clearly do not hold up under the scrutiny of today's science.

Clearly, it DOES hold up. If it didn't (as it applies to this thread), ISS and the shuttle would also have to be hoaxes.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Obviously, at this point, it is accepted that the Apollo manned moon landings were staged. Taken in their totality, the explanations for the tech of the time, clearly do not hold up under the scrutiny of today's science.

Accepted by who
You and the two guys that gave you a star?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Ah, exactly. The photos my dad has of other navy personnel and he on an aircraft carrier, greeting and applauding the astronauts as they came out of the Apollo capsule that was just retrieved by said carrier they were stationed on, just have to be Photoshopped or otherwise hoaxed. That's it! Why oh why didn't I see it before?

Sigh

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Your post explains the problem perfectly.

Because YOU don't understand how it works YOU assume that it wasn't possible.

That's your ego working, and it's failing you.

The technology used in the space program is well understood and widely disseminated, but you need to be an aerospace engineer to understand the technical aspects of it.

Just because you can't work it out in your head doesn't mean that other's couldn't.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Wrong, they hold up to people who understand and work with science with no problem

You could re-write the last part of your delusion like this: "Taken in their totality, the explanations for the tech of the time, clearly do not hold up under the scrutiny of today's pseudo-science believers.

The term "Air Conditioning" is a generic term in this context, and means exactly what it says. It is gas and fluid management for an enclosed environmental system, and certainly nothing like what is in your house or car.

The EMU/PLSS design document is here: Perhaps you should read it.

EMP/PLSS Design Documentation

The system was designed by International Latex Corporation (ILC) Dover and Hamilton Standard (primary life support systems). The scientists that work in this fabrication facility built everything from the early Mercury systems , through Geminia, Apollo, Shuttle and the IST space suits and environmental designs. Yea, all a bunch of fakers, but nothing real science accomplishes will ever satisfy people that like to live in a delusion.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The only problem here is that the system would and does work, even if it didn't i have a off the cuff idea of compressing and allowing gas to expand. I'll say co2 although a gas that requires less pressure to compress would be ideal. Allow the gas to expand quickly which freezes itself, and a coil with water in it. Recompress the gas, in a compression vessel outside the suit, the heat is away from the astronaut, if the vessel is made from a material that will allow for a quick cool down, this would be pretty neat. It would have to be based off of the materials ability to slow it's molecular motion as well the gas may be better if it too, would slow it's own molecular movement quickly as in a vaccuum there will be no ambient heat exchange.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

Disclaimer: I'm not a scientist. My personal view would be that space suit was insulation, and that it exerted enough pressure to keep the air warm (it would have to in order to avoid exploding in space). It is the environment INSIDE the suit that counts, not outside.

Again, heat is the exciting of molecules. It is not a "substance" out there. It is Brownian motion.

OK, don't challenge me because I am not a scientists and I really should let them counsel you. Needless to say, I believe that the real cover-up is over the Secret Space program and that this line of reasoning simply helps it (no offense).

Go to Phil Plait for more information on this subject. He calls himself "The Bad Astronomer" but he is really very good.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Yes, because clearly how long someone has been registered on ATS reflects on their intelligence and ability to comprehend information.

Good catch, I was about to actually respect his opinion.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Ok in order to keep astronauts cool while working on the moon they had tubes filled with water and you circulate the water through the tubes and it will take body heat from the astronaut.its called a Liquid Cooling and Ventilation Garment Now what did they do with that heat i wonder? Well what would they have in a space suit that would be cold. Hmmmm well the Apollo missions actually breathed oxygen.Hey compressed oxygen is cold so circulating oxygen near a tube filled with liquid. Thats that science thing i remember in high school called thermal dynamic principle and something called convection. Now we need a container to hold water oh wait Nasa put one in there PLSS (personal life support system). Now of course excess water would also have to be removed from this system hey we could add a valve also dumping out steam from the system. wow i guess this air conditioning problem wasn't so tough after all.Come on guy removing heat is easy adding it is harder. Luckily as humans we provide plenty of heat thats why blankets work so well.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Just so you know... the CIA looked at all the lunar photographs before they were released.

Just so you known, Richard Nixon's brother, Ed Nixon, was a geologist who couldn't find a job in geology. So he took a job at Bellcomm. Ed Nixon's job at Bellcomm was to hire qualified geologists for a NASA contract.

Farouk El-Baz, the Egyptian geologist, applied for the job at NASA and was immediately approved.

Farouk's first job was to review Lunar Orbiter imagery data and to organize that data.

Richard Nixon's brother, Ed Nixon, hired Farouk El-Baz at Bellcomm. Bellcomm was a NASA contractor in the 1960's.

Cui Bono?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

23 shuttle missions huh? Must have been fake too. I really get annoyed when people have no qualms about defaming the dead.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthEvolves

Disclaimer: I'm not a scientist. My personal view would be that space suit was insulation, and that it exerted enough pressure to keep the air warm (it would have to in order to avoid exploding in space). It is the environment INSIDE the suit that counts, not outside.

Again, heat is the exciting of molecules. It is not a "substance" out there. It is Brownian motion.

OK, don't challenge me because I am not a scientists and I really should let them counsel you. Needless to say, I believe that the real cover-up is over the Secret Space program and that this line of reasoning simply helps it (no offense).

Go to Phil Plait for more information on this subject. He calls himself "The Bad Astronomer" but he is really very good.

The challenge wasnt keeping warm its keeping cool your body produces alot of heat all the time.The premise of the op is kinda silly he used his brain to come up with a half conclusion. He realized space is a vacuum which doesnt transfer heat.Problem is it has nothing to do with how a spacecraft or space suit get rid of heat. He thought he hit on an original idea since there's no way to transfer heat into space problem is hes wrong. You can dump heat into space by dumping water into space.The water takes the heat with it and guess what it wont In a rarefied environment water will boil, then freeze then sublime into a vapour, where it will condense on a very cold surface.Added this part so you can check out the ice crystals that form on the shuttle. See most of the shuttle ufo videos.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

not talking about the shuttle. only talking about Apollo and Nixon.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
reply to post by ngchunter

not talking about the shuttle. only talking about Apollo and Nixon.

Exactly the problem, intellectual dishonesty. He was also in charge of the photography through 23 shuttle missions. Must have been faked.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join