It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Landing Hoax - The Space Suit

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by toocoolnc
reply to post by paradox

i think there are still technical issues and various other elements such as radiation to overcome as to why wh have not been back.

Well, there wasn't.
i319.photobucket.com...
The reason we stopped going was lack of political will to maintain the required amount of funding. The Apollo spacecraft was rated at 7-8 g/cm^2 of areal density, the radiation was not a problem. The above graph shows the expected dose given Apollo's trajectory to the moon.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
Here is NASA's explanation of how the PLSS works but it won't matter since your mind is already made up.

www.hq.nasa.gov...

And NASA is so trustworthy, if you believe into NASA whatever they say explain then this to me, Why has NASA stopped there space program?

So you think the PLSS was fake. Tell me, do you also think the shuttle and ISS are fake? They use the same systems for their space suits.
edit on 6-4-2012 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Holy crap! the topic got side-tracked from the first page.

What abut a practical counter-argument to what you say in the OP?

The shuttle opens the cargo bay doors to bleed off heat.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Yea - full moon out. Which explains why the crazies decided to come out from mommy's basement to grace us
with their presence......

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

You need to understand the the US public 50 years ago was completely different than the US public today.

50 years ago, a person standing on a street corner with a sign saying "I'm a communist" would have most like had the snot beat out of him, with police looking the other way. Today, that same guy wouldn't even be given a second glance.

Americans then considered themselves great patriots. "Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie, And The American Way" was the motto.

150 billion spent on the manned Apollo program? You betchya! With most Americans cheering them on. It was important, because the USSR at the time had been handing us our butts on a silver platter when it came to the space race up until then.
We were in the midst of a cold war, a cold war that almost went hot with the Cuban Missile crissis. Getting to the moon, and getting there first was important......but not for the science of it. Because getting there first was going to show "those commie bastards how it's done!"

By 1971, President Nixon decided to cancel the rest of the Apollo program: Source

The reasons for going were moot by then. It wasn't about the science, it was about the politics. If there had been more science done, or if the later missions had been more science oriented, then they may not have canceled those missions.
You also have to take into fact what was going on by 1971: coming out of the Vietnam war, and the government starting to curb the amount of money they were blowing.

150 billion? Pffffft! That is NOTHING.

How much money has the current presidential administration spent on Bank Bailouts and programs like it? How does $700 billion sound to you? Source

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by toocoolnc
So politics is the reason why man has not travelled further than 400 miles into space since 1969? Absurd..

Oh, how cute! You think political decisions should make sense!

Yes, it was absurd. For once, the prople who believed that we could do great things if we only try got their the chance to prove it - and they did. Scientists, engineers, technicians and men with bold vision actually got adequate funding to do something other than blow the crap out of someone on the other side of the world - and they did it.

They didn't just show the Americans Russians, they showed all humanity that we can achieve the seemingly impossible if we just pull together and use our ingenuity & drive in a disciplined and constructive way.

Then a bunch of short-sighted politicians came along and threw it all away. They replaced goals & vision with pork-barrel spending & hand-outs. "Goal & vision" became merely words of political rhetoric, rather than commitments to be worked toward.

But the achievement of Apollo still stood as a beacon to us all that, no matter the challenge, there is hope - we can do it.

That is, until people like you came along, toocoolnc. Rather than rail against the political hacks who stifle our dreams, you attack the people who make our dreams of exploration come true. You casually call the genuine heroes and achievers liars and con-men, but you never thought to question the credibility of this William Cooper person.

That America abandoned Apollo (and the spirit it engendered) is a travesty. To persistently maintain that it never happened in the first place is nothing short of despicable.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

A simple explanation of how NASA contradicted themselves: Air conditioning does not work in the vacuum of space.

Perhaps you are also trying to infer that heat from the sun does not reach the earth? A vacuum does exist between the sun and the earth, right? We know that heat from the sun does in fact reach the earth; and, this is done by radiation. The space suits cooled by radiating the collected heat.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

That is, until people like you came along, toocoolnc. Rather than rail against the political hacks who stifle our dreams, you attack the people who make our dreams of exploration come true. You casually call the genuine heroes and achievers liars and con-men, but you never thought to question the credibility of this William Cooper person.

A hero is percieved by an individual. just because they are your heroes or other peoples heroes, doesnt make make them my heroes. I dont have a true concept of weather the moon landings were faked or not but the conspiracist in me and the numerous anomolies and events surrounding the situation lead me to think that it was a hoax.

I have thought to question the credibility of bill by the way and i have to say that to me he is profound. the information laid forth by him expanded the minds of many individuals and and also mine. if there are people who disagree with his information then that is fine. thats does not mean i am going to disagree with him. i dont believe all his information is correct but at the end of the day, it is information and it is for us to decipher or elevate. this is why i created this thread regarding the space suit and learnt something new thanks to who? thanks to bill because of his alternate theory and thanks to all of you for putting forth a clearer answer.. had it not been for bill, i probably wouldnt have thought about it.
edit on 6-4-2012 by toocoolnc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsPeculiar

No i am not trying to infer that.

As i have said earlier, I understand now as to how the space suit works thanks to the many replies on this thread.

Maybe you can take your ''Inferring'' somewhere else.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I never understood why people believe we didn't go to the moon. Is it because it's too fantastic of an idea? Do people really think we as a species lack the means of knowledge to do such things?

Even though i understand how airplanes work, when i see a 747 take off and fly through the sky, it still blows me away that we can build machines that can do such things.

I think people don't give enough credit to our scientific achievements. I haven't seen any legit evidence that the moon landings were faked nor have i heard any really reasonable arguments for why they would bother to fake it.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

A simple explanation of how NASA contradicted themselves: Air conditioning does not work in the vacuum of space.

From chapters.marssociety.org...:

The cooling system for an Apollo suit was plastic tubes sewn into an undergarment. The PLSS included 12 pounds of water, which circulated through the tubes, then was allowed to sublimate into the vacuum. That would permit 8 hours of activity. The SAS simply permits the astronaut to sweat into space to reduce body heat. Insensible perspiration only looses half the metabolic heat of a man at rest, so an astronaut in space would get warm and sweat. Water loss through sweat to eliminate the metabolic heat produced during a normal work load would be 8.2kg, or 18 pounds of water. This would require an 18 pound water bottle for drinking, but the plastic tubes, water circulation and regulation system, and the evaporator would not be needed. The 6 additional pounds of water would be more than offset by eliminating equipment; and no water bottle would be needed for short EVA's.

They bled water from the suit onto the heat sink. That water took heat from the heatsink as it evaporated into the vacuum. (This is true, water does evoporate in a vacuum and it always takes heat away when it does.)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Moon landing, did took place !!

edit on 6-4-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Maybe you can take your ''Inferring'' somewhere else.

I was trying to be helpful by showing you that heat does move in a vacuum; and, you witness that fact everyday of your life.

The "Apollo Hoxers" just need to do a little research before they imagine themselves to be going where no man has gone before.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Even Gary Wilcox (well respected farmer) on a New York farm when he talked to two Martians (could be true indeed) had space suits on in 1964 April 12, that same day (hours later) Lonnie Zamora (policeman) saw two men with the same kind of silvery white uniforms. Maybe more advanced beings do not need such a large backpacks if at all if there hundreds of years in advance.

If martians could wear them so can we
They might of even been spotted with those silvery white uniforms in the "Aliens In The Forest Testimony" by a former government worker. Donald Shrum ! Incredible story to say the least.
Case in point, lower advanced beings need those bulky uniforms. The ones millions of years in advance maybe not.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Great find It is becoming more clear we either

*never went at all

*went yet the mission was in secret

The original footage was fake imo

link   
That Air Conditioning info on the Space Suits came from the writers that make copy
for the mass media. The suits are liquid cooled as they are now for space walks.

Well I do not know anything about these suits buy sure NASA has writers that are
not technical heads. In fact the entire science to the mass media is highly controlled.

Technology is held by the cartels for the cartels and their benefit and will do as they
seem fit to acquire or dismiss any new technology development.

Technology to the Moon is as we are told.

link   

Originally posted by Saint Exupery

Yes, it was absurd. For once, the prople who believed that we could do great things if we only try got their the chance to prove it - and they did. Scientists, engineers, technicians and men with bold vision actually got adequate funding to do something other than blow the crap out of someone on the other side of the world - and they did it...

And what is it that put America in the forefront of the nuclear nations? And what is it that will make it possible to spend 20 billion dollars of your money to put some clown on the moon? Well, it was good old American know-how, that's what.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tpsreporter

I never understood why people believe we didn't go to the moon. Is it because it's too fantastic of an idea? Do people really think we as a species lack the means of knowledge to do such things?

Even though i understand how airplanes work, when i see a 747 take off and fly through the sky, it still blows me away that we can build machines that can do such things.

I think people don't give enough credit to our scientific achievements. I haven't seen any legit evidence that the moon landings were faked nor have i heard any really reasonable arguments for why they would bother to fake it.

People believe that we didnt go to the moon due to the fact that its been 40-50 years since we last went. with the increase of technology and innovation, it would much much easier and cheaper to travel there today.

The effect upon the people of the world was, that if we could go to the moon other creatures from other worlds could travel to our Earth. The escalation of the artificial alien threat scenario since that time is obvious.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Another one of these threads.

This subject is old; this website no longer holds any relevance in anything remotely important. Why do I even bother showing up anymore?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
As I recall from my heat transfer courses in college, there are 3 ways to transfer heat. Conduction, convection and radiation.

His main claim is that the suit cooler uses phase change plus a convective cooling heat exchanger coil - like on your house - but couldn't use traditional convection due to no air.

First problem - that would be essentially true, but there actually is apparently SOME atmosphere on the moon. Perhaps convective cooling would not be practical though.

2nd problem - the cooler DOES use phase change, but phase change only via sublimation, and no heat exchanger coil to dump heat outside the suit.

This basic technique is employed commonly in large HVAC systems via devices called "Fluid Coolers".

In this water based HVAC system water is heated inside a building by traditional A/C air handlers but the heated water is pumped outside to large coils of highly conductive tubing. Water is sprayed onto the coils and the simple heat of vaporization lowers the temp of the water in the coils by 10 degrees. Loop the water as needed, BAM, instant air conditioning.

Fluid coolers are great ways of efficiently cooling large buildings, by the way. They use them a lot in Florida.

I think there was some deception with regard to the moon mission, but perhaps it was deception other than whether they went or not.

Maybe they did both. Maybe they actually did launch the mission, but also staged it. Why? Well, in case the thing blew up or something else went horribly wrong they were guaranteed "success". After all, it was political, right? Put on a delay, if they get blown up by aliens, switch from "live" to "fake" and keep right on truckin.

Eh, just thinking outside the box.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join