It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Landing Hoax - The Space Suit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Originally posted by toocoolnc
reply to post by paradox

Nasa claim that the mission to the moon in 1969 was due to political aspects regarding a space race. so by that logic your telling me that 50 years ago, people were happy to have the tax money spent on racing into space? but now they wouldnt consider it because its too much of tax payers money.. contradiction?

Originally posted by paradox
Who said anything about people? (the public)

People do not control where their money goes. This is politics, as the poster above said.
edit on 4-6-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

EXACTLY! Politics control where the money goes! do you trust the polititians with your money?
edit on 6-4-2012 by toocoolnc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

I am confused? Wouldn't they need Heat? Space is freezing cold?

The equipment onboard generated far more heat than the astronauts needed. They need cooling. The ISS doesn't have any heaters just coolers.
That is why Apollo 13 astronauts almost froze on the way back. They had to turn off almost all electronics.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

reply to post by paradox

EXACTLY! Politics control where the money goes! do you trust the polititians with your money?

Then why were you just saying politics has nothing to do with it?

The space race was a politically motivated agenda. The drive isn't there anymore. We went to the moon, we've studied it, we've learned almost everything there is to know about it. Now, the money focuses on pointless wars and the wealth of the few. One half of one cent of every dollar of tax payer money goes towards the NASA budget. The government hardly cares about NASA, space exploration, and the betterment of mankind. This should be obvious. They only do what is best for them.

NASA may be a government funded organization, but that doesn't mean NASA are all liars hiding things from everyone and lying for over 4 decades. They are regular people - scientists with a thirst for knowledge - doing their job. People are just paranoid and like to create conspiracy theories out of nothing.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Since the moon landing in 1969 man has not travelled futher than 400 miles from the earths surface. The moon is 230,000+ miles away from earth. Wheres the logic in that?

The Apollo Program cost $30 Billion in 1969 dollars, that would be over $150 Billion in today's dollars.
edit on 6-4-2012 by toocoolnc because: (no reason given)

Actually, 5 subsequent missions to the moon did occur after 1969,

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 6-4-2012 by Demoncreeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

So politics is the reason why man has not travelled further than 400 miles into space since 1969? Absurd..

What are you talking about!? Absurd??

Our political leaders are voted into office, They are not going to go pissing off the people who voted them into office by spending $150 billion on a trip back to the moon! What would be the point of going back? What exactly on the moon is worth spending $150 BILLION to go take a look at? How exactly would the POTUS (for instance) justify to the American public why he's spending $150 billion on a moon shot rather than 50,000 other things that deserve the investment more. The US is massively in debt, high unemployment, poor economy and is currently at war!. How long do you think a president (or other political leader) would remain in office after he'd pissed away $150 billion on a pointless moon mission?! In the 1960's (and earlier) we were in a rocket technological race with the only other serious superpower on earth - the Russians. At the time it was a worthwhile political endevour to do a moon mission ie. widely supported by the American public as also at the same time the US was consumed with an irrational fear of 'the baby eating commies!!! - insert dramatic music here'.

As well as looking up at least some scientific data before you post maybe you should at least glance at some of the widely published political reasoning behind the moon missions.

hmm, reading through that I might have to move this post to the 'Rant' forum.

edit on 6/4/12 by Anon77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

And none of them were manned.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
We were doing one of those corporate team building things the other day, and the question asked was "you won a trip to the Moon, what would you take with you?"

When they came around the table to me, I responded " 'oxygen' (cause the 8 people ahead of me didn't think of that!) and 'a conspiracy theorist, to confirm that we actually went' ".

Got a pretty good laugh.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

What?

Please READ!
en.wikipedia.org...

This is why it is so hard to take people who perpetuate this theory seriously. You don't care to learn at all.

Apollo 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17 were all manned moon landings.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-6-12 by paradox because: added a link

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

What are you talking about!?

Try reading this , whilst your there try reading through some of the sources listed too.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

No i said that it is absurd that man has not travelled futher than 400 miles into space because of political reasons. I'd say it is due to a lack of understanding. yes they possibly are the best scientist at nasa but just because they know more doesnt mean they know everything. i think there are still technical issues and various other elements such as radiation to overcome as to why wh have not been back. to say that we took the data in 1969 and we were satisfied with it is absurd. any scientist will tell you that going "back" to the moon would be essential as an increase in knowledge and technology over the past 50 years could be applied to the moon today and guanranteed if we went to the moon for the first time or again then we would learn something new. each and every time.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Yes they were. Did you read? And other links were provided to you as well.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
Here is NASA's explanation of how the PLSS works but it won't matter since your mind is already made up.

www.hq.nasa.gov...

And NASA is so trustworthy, if you believe into NASA whatever they say explain then this to me, Why has NASA stopped there space program?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

All your sources are Nasa?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Sorry let me clarify, there were three successful manned missions to the moon all within a period of 3 years from 1969. after that, apollo 18, 19 and 20 were cancelled. I think the three missions that took place from 1969 upto apollo 18 were hoaxed

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
Here is NASA's explanation of how the PLSS works but it won't matter since your mind is already made up.

www.hq.nasa.gov...

And NASA is so trustworthy, if you believe into NASA whatever they say explain then this to me, Why has NASA stopped there space program?

Try using other sources to read up on the science behind the explanation... Or maybe all those scientists are lying as well?

Um... Hmm let me see... The US is in massive debt, high unemployment, poor economy and is at war. So without stretching my brain particularly far I would have said lack of money was the outstandingly glaringly obvious reason.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Sorry let me clarify, there were three successful manned missions to the moon all within a period of 3 years from 1969. after that, apollo 18, 19 and 20 were cancelled. I think the three missions that took place from 1969 upto apollo 18 were hoaxed

Care to quote your evidence for the ' I think the three missions that took place from 1969 upto apollo 18 were hoaxed'?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

Well, I tell you what. If you aren't going to read any of the sources, information and still believe what you want to believe then cool with me. haha.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

Double post. :S

edit on 6-4-2012 by Demoncreeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
apollo 15
www.hq.nasa.gov...
www.hq.nasa.gov...

apollo 14
www.hq.nasa.gov...
www.hq.nasa.gov...

Apollo 17...
www.hq.nasa.gov...
www.hq.nasa.gov...
www.hq.nasa.gov...

ground details seem to be out of focus and become 2D in a straight line

this line is in almost all the apollo pictures

the pictures screams fake so much it hurts
edit on 6-4-2012 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Yep! Who better to document what NASA does than NASA themselves?
Can you dispute anything given?

I'd love to hear it because so far you have contributed...well...absolutely nothing. Oh but wait you're probably one of those people who think NASA lies about everything with absolutely no proof at all, amirite??? I'm sure the scientists at NASA have a little more room to speak than you do.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join