It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Landing Hoax - The Space Suit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by toocoolnc
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

From the information available, I conclude that publicly we have not been to the moon. Although I assume that there have been secret missions to the moon after the hoaxed moon landing. Once they can successfully send man to the moon (In secret) they will apply the technology for future missions and from then forth, the mission will not have to be faked as they would have the technology.

Look I gotta admit that the first one could be faked... after all it was a race with russia in the peak of the cold war, so it could have been a fake operation to make the us look like head and shoulders above russia in front of the whole world... makes sense.

But what about the other ones?

The first one ok... it was a marketing operation, the next ones nah... I believe we went there (apart of course that the ones the people dont know about, which is entirely possible)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
People are still on about the moon landing hoax? The only thing reasonably irregular in any of the footage, pictures or otherwise is the occasional light reflection off dust in the air (people think their strings) and the sometimes strange rebound of falling astronauts. If we never went there, then why do we have precise mirrors for astronomical purposes at the landing sites?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

I don't think you've thought this through. Shuttle-era suits use similar cooling technology - if your thesis was correct, then the ISS - which required hundreds of hours of spacewalks to complete - must also be fake. All those pictures from the Hubble Space Telescope must also be fake, right? You are saying not just the Moon landing, but every human spacewalk by the US, Russians and Chinese were faked?

Anyway, your entire premise is wrong:

"The amount of water needed to be carried by the astronauts in order to make this work for even a very small length of time in the direct 55 degrees over the boiling point of water (210 degrees F at sea level on Earth) heat of the sun could not have possibly been carried by the astronauts. "

The space suits were well insulated from the heat of the sun, just as a Thermos bottle keeps the Kool-Aide you've been drinking nice and cool on a hot day. The PLSS only had to reject the heat of the astronauts bodies, not the sun. You cool your body by sweating; water on your skin evaporates, carrying heat with it. The PLSS does much the same thing - sublimating ice carries the astronaut's body heat away. It's basically sweating with an intermediate step. The 1st PLSS models had about 4 liters of feedwater for cooling during a 4 hour EVA. Plenty of "sweat" to cool an astronaut for that time.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

We do ?? Show us these mirrors, oh and please keep explaining to us how we cannot get an even REMOTELY clear picture of the landing sites and all the rest of the supposed junk ...why the most amazing event done by man is basically ignored entirely by NASA...what happened to the entire event...

Tell us why Nasa TV is all about NOTHING, ALL OF THE TIME.. grade 2 experiments at best.

It is telling as well, when it is more difficult to decipher than the BIBLE what actually went on, and ask yourselves if all the HYPE that OWNED that generation once it was done with has now been cast aside, Forgotten about and you just have no idea why.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

Man jumping from the edge of space.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Oh dear... ANOTHER moon hoax thread. These would be more interesting if the moon hoaxers actually bothered to even slightly research the science they are (poorly) attempting to disprove with their 'conclusive' evidence. Don't you think that if the Russians (during communism and the cold war) ever thought they had even the slightest chance at proving it was a fake they wouldn't have taken full political advantage of that to embarrass the Americans? COME ON! They will have been using all the technology they possibly could to monitor the moon landings, photo's, videos, etc to look for any way to prove it was all crap. To all you 'moon landing hoaxers' out there, you really REALLY need to find something better to do with your time...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Since the moon landing in 1969 man has not travelled futher than 400 miles from the earths surface. The moon is 230,000+ miles away from earth. Wheres the logic in that?

The Apollo Program cost $30 Billion in 1969 dollars, that would be over $150 Billion in today's dollars.
edit on 6-4-2012 by toocoolnc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Since the moon landing in 1969 man has not travelled futher than 400 miles from the earths surface. The moon is 230,000+ miles away from earth. Wheres the logic in that?

The Apollo Program cost $30 Billion in 1969 dollars, that would be over $150 Billion in today's dollars.

Politics is your answer to that. The moon landings were political rather than scientific venture. Other than about 700lbs of rock and samples they don't really contribute anything additional (scientifically) that can't be done on a space station much closer to home for much lower prices. Not really good value for taxpayer money...

As for the 2nd part of your question. Money, wars, economy and politics have got in the way of further trips back to the moon and again no major political need to go.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Where is the logic in thinking any of that is proof man did not walk on the moon?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So politics is the reason why man has not travelled further than 400 miles into space since 1969? Absurd..

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

So politics is the reason why man has not travelled further than 400 miles into space since 1969? Absurd..

What exactly would we be doing up there?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit

What temp is space then if it's not cold ?

Space has no temperature. It's empty SPACE. The reason objects are hot is because the particles inside those things are vibrating extremely quickly, or very slowly if the object is cold. When you come into contact with those things the excited particles transfer some of their energy into the particles which make up our body, and when your nerves detect excited particles in your body that will register as a hot feeling. Conversely, if you touch a cold object the energy in your own particles are absorbed by the cool object which has relaxed particles. Space is not a tangible substance which can be excited. It is simply space, the area in which tangible substance occupy and exist. The only known force thought to exert an influence on the "fabric" of space is gravity, but even then I wouldn't say that theory is absolutely confirmed, because we fail to completely understand and explain how gravity works.
edit on 6-4-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

they had a technological rocketry race with the russia after world war two, what do we have today?

the technological advancements of the next apple product, or who we should or shouldnt invade next. the general public wont accept wasting $150 billion dollars in an investment where they wont notice the benefits. everyone treats velcro like air, its just always been and always will we dont care where it came from it does its job.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Because, At the time of the moon landing in 1969, the astronauts would have had to travell 500 times the distance than we can go. basically, It was the first and last time in history that astronauts claimed to have travelled further then 400 miles into space. and that was over 50 years ago.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I am confused? Wouldn't they need Heat? Space is freezing cold?

also, yeah I am not going to lie... I'm a little skeptical about some of NASA's findings... for one, the moon rock is basically the same as Earth Rock? For some reason that just doesn't add up.

I don't know if I believe the popular moon creation theory....
edit on 4/6/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

reply to post by paradox

Because, At the time of the moon landing in 1969, the astronauts would have had to travell 500 times the distance than we can go.

Care to prove that's as "far as we can go?"
You're making things up.

It was proven we could go farther than that when we landed on the moon. There has never been any proof the moon landings were a hoax. Every argument is countered with a logical answer which the "moon hoaxers" choose to simply ignore for whatever reason.

basically, It was the first and last time in history that astronauts claimed to have travelled further then 400 miles into space. and that was over 50 years ago.

So? Once again, what is that proving?
What would we be doing floating around in the abyss for no reason? You're aware it takes energy, time, and money, right?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
I am confused? Wouldn't they need Heat? Space is freezing cold?

the sun heats them up, the absence of an atmosphere (vacuum) prevents the heat absorbed from radiation to dissipate.

think of a vacuum bottle women use to keep their drinks hot/cold. they are built with an outer layer and and inner layer, inbetween there is a vacuum which prevents the transfer of heat between the substance inside the bottle and the environment.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Nasa claim that the mission to the moon in 1969 was due to political aspects regarding a space race. so by that logic your telling me that 50 years ago, people were happy to have the tax money spent on racing into space? but now they wouldnt consider it because its too much of tax payers money.. contradiction?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact

also, yeah I am not going to lie... I'm a little skeptical about some of NASA's findings... for one, the moon rock is basically the same as Earth Rock? For some reason that just doesn't add up.

Yes it does, seeing as the moon came from the Earth.

I don't know if I believe the popular moon creation theory....
edit on 4/6/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

And why is that? Because it doesn't fit into your version of reality where the moon landings were faked?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

reply to post by paradox

Nasa claim that the mission to the moon in 1969 was due to political aspects regarding a space race. so by that logic your telling me that 50 years ago, people were happy to have the tax money spent on racing into space? but now they wouldnt consider it because its too much of tax payers money.. contradiction?

Who said anything about people? (the public)

People do not control where their money goes. This is politics, as the poster above said.
edit on 4-6-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join