It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Landing Hoax - The Space Suit

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Living in outer space is FAR more risky than you and your posse will EVER admit.

It's not that much different than living in a submarine under water....

Most of your post require nothing more but quoting what NASA says.

Right, because they are the experts who landed man on the moon. I think what their scientists and engineers say should be taken into consideration, because I am 110% sure their words have more merit than yours.

YOUR--- YOU personally statement speaks volumes about your ATS manners.

I must have struck a nerve cause I hit the nail on the head!

I took a tiny example of the complexities and motives for the suits to be functional or not on the very first mission. Start to finish.

It's really not that difficult. As has been said earlier in the thread, just because YOU don't understand something, doesn't mean it's impossible. Ask questions and you may learn something, instead of spouting off nonsense pretending like you know what you are talking about. It makes you look even more foolish in the end.

www.astronautix.com...

Oh, and for the record, here is some more detail for you so you can stop acting like the space suit can easily accidentally tear apart like a piece of paper.

Layers
The spacesuit arm has 14 layers of material to protect the spacewalker. The liquid cooling and ventilation garment makes up the first three layers. On top of this garment is the bladder layer. It creates the proper pressure for the body. It also holds in the oxygen for breathing. The next layer holds the bladder layer to the correct shape around the astronaut's body and is made of the same material as camping tents. The ripstop liner is the tear-resistant layer. The next seven layers are Mylar insulation and make the suit act like a thermos. The layers keep the temperature from changing inside. They also protect the spacewalker from being harmed by small, high-speed objects flying through space. The outer layer is made of a blend of three fabrics. One fabric is waterproof. Another is the material used to make bullet-proof vests. The third fabric is fire-resistant.
www.nasa.gov...

Taking a dump is a part of that RISK. Especially in an environment that Nobody had ever taken one in. That would be from LEO and back.

en.wikipedia.org...

People had already been in Earth's orbit, and Lunar orbit. Space is space.

A half million miles,
If there was a first mission it was a total EXPERIMENT. WHY TELEVISE IT to the world????

It was the first LUNAR LANDING. Why the hell WOULDN'T they televise man landing on the moon?
What I find hilarious, is if they didn't televise it, you would be saying "if man landed on the moon, why didn't they televise it?!"

Any dumb butt inbred one eyed monkey like me can see that Amazingly clear.
What is your excuse??? Do YOU KNOW the ODDS???
You got nothing right.
ljb

Your arguments are extremely weak and lack substance and factual backing. Please state something other than your opinion.
edit on 4-14-12 by paradox because: made a mistake

jra

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Wha hapens when tha bump a swicch and start thee rockets goin on misstak?
Ore thay foget ta zip sum zipR or velcrow.

I'm not sure why I'm replying to this nonsensical post, but they have circuit breakers (you can see some of them here behind Buzz's head). You pull them to disable certain functions of your vehicle. After landing, they pulled various CB's. One of them being for the main engine for lift off. So accidentally bumping a switch was not an issue.

When donning there suits, they had check lists they go through so things are not forgotten. Plus it would have been rehearsed many times.

They were professionals, believe it or not.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

I'm not sure why I'm replying to this nonsensical post, but they have circuit breakers (you can see some of them here behind Buzz's head). You pull them to disable certain functions of your vehicle. After landing, they pulled various CB's. One of them being for the main engine for lift off. So accidentally bumping a switch was not an issue.

When donning there suits, they had check lists they go through so things are not forgotten. Plus it would have been rehearsed many times.

Pros to say the least. Still are as far as I am aware???
Bare in mind what I say.
You can rehearse and rehearse circuit breakers and all But opening night can be and often is a WAY different kettle of fish.
And that's all on the planet earth or in low Earth orbit.
Now rehearse in LEO or on terra firma and have you debut be televised for over a half million miles of UNKNOWN human physicality in a TOTALLY untested environment. (first time with all the suits and moon gear)
Then you are just asking for DISASTER on the stage.
Can you HONESTLY say that the Apollo 11 mission should have gone down the way it is filmed????
OR do you think a secret , top secret, above top secret mission should have been done prior to exposing the entire American Nation and it's unbridled Patriotism to such none sense and possible failure??? Not to mention the USSR.
IF IF you had one under the belt, the risk would be a bit less, no?
jra answer only please.
ljb
PS all BS artists take a powder

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Apollo 10 descended to 8.4 nautical miles above the lunar surface without landing. That was the rehearsal.
edit on 4-14-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Pros to say the least. Still are as far as I am aware???
Bare in mind what I say.
You can rehearse and rehearse circuit breakers and all But opening night can be and often is a WAY different kettle of fish.
And that's all on the planet earth or in low Earth orbit.
Now rehearse in LEO or on terra firma

Say it with me, AND in lunar orbit, AND only a few miles above the surface.

and have you debut be televised for over a half million miles of UNKNOWN human physicality in a TOTALLY untested environment. (first time with all the suits and moon gear)

Wrong. The suits were already tested. You know this, you were shown this, so either you're delusional or lying.

Can you HONESTLY say that the Apollo 11 mission should have gone down the way it is filmed????

Yes.

OR do you think a secret , top secret, above top secret mission should have been done prior to exposing the entire American Nation and it's unbridled Patriotism to such none sense and possible failure???

No. The only nonsense here are your posts.

jra answer only please.

This is a public forum. If you want a private discussion then use the PM system.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Besides the Apollo 10 mission, as a pre-cursor to 11.....and ALL of the previous Apollo flights that were step-by-step learning and practicing the skills needed, and honing the procedures.....

....they had SIMULATORS where they spent thousands of hours, here on Earth, practicing and practicing the same procedures.

In fact, they could weed out mistakes and streamline procedures in the simulators, and then use what they learned there to write the Flight Plans for each mission.....where, if there were any minor things that cropped up, al of the previous training meant they were well-prepared to cope...and correct.

Just how in the heck do you think airline pilots, and military pilots, are trained, anyway??

Hours and hours of both study manuals and materials ("book learning"), and many forms of ground-based trainers.....up to and including motion simulators. This is the same way it was done in the 1960s, at NASA. In fact, the development for the space program of (by necessity) those forms of motion simulators (because they had the need to fund such things) led to the development, at the same time, of safer ways to train pilots for airplanes, and later, helicopters.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

they had the need to fund such things) led to the development, at the same time, of safer ways to train pilots for airplanes, and later, helicopters.

Oh yeah I hear you. NOT
Like a lot of these failures the Appolo (moon landing)missions were.
Flawless SPACE suits and all?????? go figure????
Appolo 13 makes my case WAAAAy better.
Remember the SUIT is jus a part of the HOLE.

Hindenburg disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
First Fatal Airplane Crash

Amelia Earhart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Harbour Grace Air Strip

Flight Tragedy Info | Info.com
www.info.com/FlightTragedy

Challenger Disaster - Space / Astronomy - About.com
Space Shuttle Columbia - Wikipedia, the free ...

Space Program's Cycles of Triumph and Tragedy - The New York Times
you are welcome ljb
PS no need to waste my time with choppers

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
"LJB" is clearly delusional, guys. (As are all the moon hoaxers)

No need to continue wasting effort into researching material that he clearly does not care about.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
" Say it with me, AND in lunar orbit, AND only a few miles above the surface."

Are you serious ?
How can you test the results of a lunar crap a few miles ABOVE the lunar surface???
You need to get out of the lander Squeeze or maybe just relax, smile and return it to the lander through a midget sized door with 20 layers of spacesuit and eva pack. Also who knows how many zippers and pressure chambers. While transporting all the rocks and regolith as well.
This test can only be performed on the surface of the moon not miles above it.
The rest of your reply is so weak I have lost all respect for you I held in reserve.
g'day to you
ljb
edit on 4/15/2012 by longjohnbritches because: this and that

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

" Say it with me, AND in lunar orbit, AND only a few miles above the surface."

Are you serious ?
How can you test the results of a lunar crap a few miles ABOVE the lunar surface???
You need to get out of the lander Squeeze or maybe just relax, smile and return it to the lander through a midget sized door with 20 layers of spacesuit and eva pack. Also who knows how many zippers and pressure chambers. While transporting all the rocks and regolith as well.
This test can only be performed on the surface of the moon not miles above it.
The rest of your reply is so weak I have lost all respect for you I held in reserve.
g'day to you
ljb
edit on 4/15/2012 by longjohnbritches because: this and that

Dude, why do you constantly act like this whole pooping thing is such a huge obstacle?

Try to follow along with me...

Here is a link to read about the Maximum Absorbency Garment (MAG)

PLEASE READ IT. I know you love ignoring facts, but just do yourself a favor and read. The MAG is more modern, but as you read you can see it says:

During the Apollo era, astronauts used urine and fecal containment systems worn under spandex trunks.[10][5] The fecal containment device (FCD) was a bag attached directly to the body with an adhesive seal,[11] and the urine collection device (UCD) had a condom-like sheath attached to a tube and pouch.[8][10]

The Apollo 11 crew were on the lunar surface for a total of 21 hours.

Armstrong and Aldrin landed in the Sea of Tranquillity and became the first humans to walk on the Moon on July 21. Their Lunar Module, Eagle, spent 21 hours 31 minutes on the lunar surface, while Collins remained in orbit in the Command/Service Module, Columbia.[2] The three astronauts returned to Earth on July 24, landing in the Pacific Ocean. They brought back 47.5 pounds (21.5 kg) of lunar rocks.
en.wikipedia.org...

Still with me?

While inside the craft, they went to the bathroom like so:

While outside the craft, they just let loose (IF they have to...)

Today they have the MAG which is capable of:

The MAG can hold a maximum of 2 L (2.1 US qt) of urine, blood, and/or feces.[1][14] The MAG absorbs the liquid and pulls it away from the skin.[5]

The crew spent a total of 2 hours and 31 minutes actually walking on the lunar surface.

After spending approximately 2 hours and 31 minutes on the surface, the astronauts ended the EVA at 1:11:13 a.m. EDT on July 21.
www.lpi.usra.edu...

Now, is it really that big of a deal, buddy?

ETA: This is my last effort. I, and many others, have tried to help your ignorance, but if you choose to dismiss it, then I am afraid you are intellectually lost forever.
edit on 4-15-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Are you this delusional in reality, or just deciding to garner attention be faking being so obtuse??

The premise here (as the substance of the Thread) is that the "Space Suit" is the way to "prove" a Lunar landing "hoax".

Do you honestly not see how ridiculous that claim is?

For that assertion to have any merit, one would have to just ignore all the other space missions.....not just Mercury, Gemini, and the pre-Lunar landing Apollo missions (AND all of the Soviet missions....remember, the USSR was first to actually perform an EVA)....

......in order to support this idiotic premise, then one also has to continue the charade by asserting that the entirety of the post-Apollo space flight missions, also involving the very same design "space suit", were not real either...and all a "hoax".

Now....go on and prove that. Prove that there were no Space Shuttle missions involving EVAs. No ISS.....no Hubble Space Telescope repair mission.....

Go ahead.

Oh, and the utter inanity of this post, with the veiled assertion that the Astronauts would need to defecate while on there Lunar EVA is just astoundingly stupid.

The matters of such things are easily researched......and, hate to be so obvious, but it's apparent to any Human being who has gone past his or her childhood "potty training" phase that the lower bowels can be quite regular, with proper diet. AND that certainly a person can last for more than four or five hours without needing to relieve himself.

jra

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I don't see why not. But it wasn't without its flaws. There was the whole unexpected "1201 and "1202" alarms, Armstrong having to take manual control to avoid landing in a field of boulders, Aldrin accidentally breaking the CB that armed the main engine for liftoff.

OR do you think a secret , top secret, above top secret mission should have been done prior to exposing the entire American Nation and it's unbridled Patriotism to such none sense and possible failure???

I don't see the point in doing a secret mission to hide a potential failure. If they did end up failing for what ever reason, then it would have been public one. I see no past examples of NASA hiding their failures.

And like what every one else said, Apollo 11 wasn't the first mission to the Moon. There was Apollo 8 which were the first people to orbit the Moon and return. Apollo 10 which tested the LM in Lunar orbit and did everything but land, and then finally Apollo 11 which tested, landing and doing an EVA on the Moon.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I may have asked this question before on ATS as it has always puzzled me.....how come there was a life size space suit in the childrens department at St Georges hospital Tooting, before Neil Armstrong landed on the moon? The space suit was a replica and i remember clearly being facinated by the detail and wondering who the clever artist it was? At one point i thought NASA had donated it.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

If there was a first mission it was a total EXPERIMENT. WHY TELEVISE IT to the world????

To demonstrate that the United States is open and honest; it is not afraid to admit its failures before the eyes of the world. It also projected an aura of self confidence, which some choose to interpret as "arrogance," hence the drive from countries like Cuba and Iran to convince people it was a hoax.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

PS no need to waste my time with choppers

Dude, are you just not understanding how engineering works? We don't just design and build something and there it is, go use it. There is round after round of testing involved. It's not the first time the design is used when you step out the door of the LEM.

BTW, if crapping in a moon suit bothers you, imagine, IMAGINE all the people that today, right here on Earth, are using dry suits to do deep dives in cold water. I hate to tell you, but you don't drink coffee before hand and you wear a Depends or a condom cath. You, at times, do have to crap or pee in the suit. Not often.

I, myself, have had to stop and take a large dump ON THE JOB while wearing a wet suit, on the bottom. All those neat commercials about SEALs? (not one btw, I was Army), don't show the one that's parked on a rock for 90 seconds. I'm not saying it happens a lot, but if you gotta go, it just happens. When you're excited and worried and you're all tightened up, sometimes Nature takes its course, like it or not. You use a lot of Imodium for prophylaxis.

/there's even a hand signal for "I have to take a dump", Not sure if it's in the manual

edit to add:

There was a guy flying SR-71's that went out and got a bad case of the scours at the start of the mission. He flew the whole damn thing with his pressure suit full of diarrhea up to the neck ring. And it was a long flight. Really long. It peeled some of his skin off.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Yeah, using conjectural projection is proof NASA would have fake backup film of a mission success. We know this by analyzing history of NASA lies, and the overwhelming evidence of footage fakery. Which does bring up an unsupported topic, where is all this Apollo fake film, and how was it supposedly done? Start with how kicked up lunar regolith ballistic trajectories were faked, or the Hammer and feather was faked, or the pendulum experiment, how was this achieved? What purpose was achieved by faking an Apollo 13 near disaster?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Hi ILLUSTRONICS.
Why have you turned NASA basher?
That's no history to be proud of.
I'd get back in a space suit if I was you.
All is safe en them dern thangs.
wooo Nelly
ljb

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

It proves videos are live, of what really took place without the idea of fakery involved. I know, kinda hard for you sorts to understand.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It may have been maetioned before.
Nasa also chose hi cal/ lo volume foods just to help with the #2 issue.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Do you have any evidence that the suits could not perform properly?

How exactly would you have NASA spend money in Space?

Yes, I do have evidence that the suits could not perform. Apollo 1.

Is your second question referring to the dual track/dual funding of space suits by both NASA & USAF? It's clear that this was happening.

I think even Gomer Pyle could sort this out. The "Apollo Show", in totality, cost at least 2x what NASA says was spent. Maybe even more.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join