It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Landing Hoax - The Space Suit

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
You don't need much cooling in space, or on the Moon, as the Sun produces no heat unless there is an atmosphere on the planet/moon. The only heat will be from the physical exertion of the astronaut. You will find no experiment where a black object has been exposed to the Sun, in space, to see how hot it gets and how quickly. If you do, please post a link to it.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by longjohnbritches

The quest for knowledge is worth dying for. Do you realize how many people have been killed in the quest for knowledge? Humans have been doing it for thousands of years.Do you think astronauts were the first to die in the name of science.You had explorers risking there life to find new lands people killed for contradicting religious beliefs.Pilots died trying to make flight possible. You do a disservice to the thousands of people through out history were sacrificed in the name of science so we may better understand our place in the universe. And guess what its not over there will be more who die in the name of science and theyll believe the risks are worth the reward. Just remember alot of people that gave there lives searching for knowledge is one of the reasons your able to have this chat with me now.

DRAG,Dude,
Sorry you must have missed the point.
If you are totally dead what the heck is knowledge going to do for you???
Say to your decendants FOLLOW your leader???
Get real son and tell me the REWARD a moon jocky gets for risking his life and the welfare of his family???
u kn do it ljb
Ps The chat stuff is totally related to the fact that I never worked for NASA.
Hence is why I am alive and can still type like a free human being.
Tell us your lucky story.
edit on 4/7/2012 by longjohnbritches because: yarns

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Wow. I just had 3 posts deleted from this thread. I don't know why.

I am extremely sad.

I will be filing a complaint with the moderators.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GaryN
You don't need much cooling in space, or on the Moon, as the Sun produces no heat unless there is an atmosphere on the planet/moon. The only heat will be from the physical exertion of the astronaut.

No, though the astronauts body will contribute to the heat accumulated by the cooling system.

You will find no experiment where a black object has been exposed to the Sun, in space, to see how hot it gets and how quickly. If you do, please post a link to it.

That is not what the term "black-body radiation" is in reference to.

Black Body Radiation

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

India and China must be in on the hoax.

A camera on board India’s maiden unmanned lunar mission Chandrayaan-1 has recorded images of the landing site of US spacecraft Apollo 15, a scientist said on Wednesday, rubbishing conspiracy theories that the fourth US mission to land on the moon four decades back was a hoax.

Link

You would think the Chines would jump on the moon landing hoax.

The scientists also spotted traces of the previous Apollo mission in the images, said Yan Jun, chief application scientist for China's lunar exploration project.

Link

I guess objective evidence is good enough for China.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

There is TOO MUCH "connectivity" to your post (that I am not replying) ant to another ATS member's sort of "diatribes", to be ignored at this point......

I smell something.....

The Original Post is: "Moon Landing Hoax - The Space Suit"

The OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE AGAINST a "space suit hoax" hAS been PRESENTED.

THE primary fact that precludes this latest (feeble) attempt to cry "hoax" is:

THE FACT that the same damn Space Suit design used on Apollo is the SAME damn design still used today!!!!!

LOOK IT UP!!!!

(sorry for shouting...some poeple just need to be grabbed by the neck, and squeezed until they understand reality....)
edit on Sat 7 April 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

The quest for knowledge is worth dying for. Do you realize how many people have been killed in the quest for knowledge? Humans have been doing it for thousands of years.Do you think astronauts were the first to die in the name of science.You had explorers risking there life to find new lands people killed for contradicting religious beliefs.Pilots died trying to make flight possible. You do a disservice to the thousands of people through out history were sacrificed in the name of science so we may better understand our place in the universe. And guess what its not over there will be more who die in the name of science and theyll believe the risks are worth the reward. Just remember alot of people that gave there lives searching for knowledge is one of the reasons your able to have this chat with me now.

DRAG,Dude,
Get real son and tell me the REWARD a moon jocky gets for risking his life and the welfare of his family???
u kn do it ljb

no one expects to die, they just know thats its a possibility, but to be part of the quest for knowledge is quite the motivation to do things.

astronauts are part of something larger, they have seen things that none of us will get to see with our own eyes, experience things we can only dream of. The difference between you and them was they had the will and passion to make history happen, they knew the dangers they just dont expect it to happen.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

There is TOO MUCH "connectivity"

(some poeple just need to be grabbed by the neck, and squeezed until they understand reality....)
edit on Sat 7 April 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

Hi proud and VIOLENT
To much GRAB By the NECK connectivity.
Take two chill pills and check into a clinic asap.
We will leave the light on for you ya hear!
The moon shines there too. ljb

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

You say NASA learned something from the death of Guss ( the Best Dern Astronaut ever) (you don't say what)

I know you was not replying to me but I was reading the thread and I wanted to let you know that Nasa did learn alot about the accident.

They made many changes to the command module which made it more safe for the next crews that followed.

After the fire, the Apollo project was grounded for review and re-design. The Command Module was found to be extremely hazardous and in some instances, carelessly assembled (for example, a misplaced socket wrench was found in the cabin.)[46]

It was decided that remaining Block I spacecraft would only be used for unmanned Saturn V test flights. All manned missions would use the Block II spacecraft, to which many Command Module design changes were made:

The cabin atmosphere at launch was changed to 60% oxygen and 40% nitrogen at sea-level pressure (14.7 psi or 1013 millibars). During ascent the cabin rapidly vented down to 5 psi (345 millibars), releasing approximately 2/3 of the gas originally present at launch. The vent then closed and the environmental control system maintained a nominal cabin pressure of 5 psi as the spacecraft continued into vacuum. The cabin was then very slowly purged (vented to space and simultaneously replaced with 100% oxygen), so the nitrogen concentration fell asymptotically to zero over the next day. Although the new cabin launch atmosphere was significantly safer than 100% oxygen, it still contained almost three times the amount of oxygen present in ordinary sea level air (20.9% oxygen). This was necessary to ensure a sufficient partial pressure of oxygen when the astronauts removed their helmets after reaching orbit. (60% of 5 psi is 3 psi, compared to 20.9% of 14.7 psi, or 3.07 psi in sea-level air.)
The environment within the astronauts' pressure suits was not changed. Because of the rapid drop in cabin (and suit) pressures during ascent, decompression sickness was likely unless the nitrogen had been purged from the astronauts' tissues prior to launch. They would still breathe pure oxygen, starting several hours before launch, until they removed their helmets on orbit. Avoiding the "bends" was considered worth the residual risk of an oxygen-accelerated fire within a suit.
Nylon used in the Block I suits was replaced in the Block II suits with Beta cloth, a non-flammable, highly melt-resistant fabric woven from fiberglass and coated with Teflon.
Block II had already been planned to use a completely redesigned hatch which opened outward, and could be opened in less than ten seconds. Concerns of accidental opening were addressed by using a cartridge of pressurized nitrogen to drive the release mechanism in an emergency, instead of the explosive bolts used on Project Mercury.
Flammable materials in the cabin were replaced with self-extinguishing versions.
Plumbing and wiring were covered with protective insulation.
1,407 wiring problems were corrected.]

link

Then NASA went on to kill yet more folks and that's just routine for you

Did anymore astronauts die from a cabin fire?

I believe the other incidents were from different causes and they also learned from them.

I just wanted to throw that in there, to state that Nasa did learn a thing or two from the accidents.

I would like to also state that right now I can say that I am really losing confidence in the organizations abiltiy to really impress, like the old days. They really need to restructure and stick with a manned program that maybe will accomplish something spectacular, like the old days.

Then people will say it is a hoax also, but oh well, that is how it goes.
edit on 7-4-2012 by liejunkie01 because: ,

edit on 7-4-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I just went on the nasa site and they claim to use latent heat exchangers which use evaporation to rid themselves of heat. This excess humidity is supposedly vented. I'm sure this is the air conditioning that
they are suggesting. This is the same type of process used in large buildings usually on the roofs of them.
These are called cooling towers. The hot water is sprayed over the tops of fans and luvers and is cooled and recycled. Though I'm sure whatever system they are using is many times more complex. I guess you can call this theory busted. Also you are forgetting all the space walks that are done right here in orbit around our very world.
With your theory being factual this would not be at all possible! Sorry!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Yea I thought this thread would be over pages ago when me and another poster showed the wiki link discussing sublimation cooling through a pressure differential and how it is really the "only" efficient means of dissipating heat in space.

This will be my last input on the subject.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

You would think the Chines would jump on the moon landing hoax.

Yes.....one WOULD think that, in this DAY and AGE the Chinese would "jump" on "moon landing hoax" that "might" have been ONCE perpetuated by the United States....back in the late 1960s - early 1970s........

....yet here it is. the 21st century and?????

Where is the "outcry" from our "vile enemies"????

(THINK hard on this, you Apollo "hoax" believers....think long and hard......).....

BACK TO THE OP......

The OP is ONLY about "space suits" (called "EVA Suits"....or other acronyms) and such.....has NOTHING to to with the moon......unless you (the "virtual you") think that ALL space travel since 1972 is FAKE????

IF SO?? Well....see your therapist, and then start a new thread....perhaps, in a different ATS Forum?? OK??

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

I quote:

I just went on the nasa site and they claim to use latent heat exchangers which use evaporation to rid themselves of heat. This excess humidity is supposedly vented. I'm sure this is the air conditioning that
they are suggesting. This is the same type of process used in large buildings usually on the roofs of them.

Look at the above....and see that in the end, it is referring to "large buildings usually on the roofs of them".....

AGAIN< and PAY ATTENTION: THIS is on EARTH!!! IN AN ATMOSPHERE!!!

Please learn, but using science, how it was thought out to understand a way to use the vacuum of space, to obtain the desired RESULTS!!!!

Sorry, but I had to shout.....so that people would (hopeully) go learn the facts.....because, they are out there!!! Just, go learn them!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by choos

DRAG,Dude,
u kn do it ljb

no one expects to die, they just know thats its a possibility, but to be part of the quest for knowledge is quite the motivation to do things.

astronauts are part of something larger, they have seen things that none of us will get to see with our own eyes, experience things we can only dream of. The difference between you and them was they had the will and passion to make history happen, they knew the dangers they just dont expect it to happen.

Oh well swell, the best you got is the reward is knowledge??? Just like Dragon.
Again in a failed mission where you become toast. What does that KNOWLEDGE do for you as a REWARD???
Please answer this honestly.
Remember it is the CaRRot that NASA dangled infront of those unfortunate dead folks.
Give me the REWARD is cool if I am dead answer???
Cause I can't use knowledge here in my grave.
ljb

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Yes.....one WOULD think that, in this DAY and AGE the Chinese would "jump" on "moon landing hoax" that "might" have been ONCE perpetuated by the United States....back in the late 1960s - early 1970s........

There is no doubt they would love to disprove the moon landings, but it's not be and now they have proof.

The 6th image in the gallery and its annotations clearly show details of Apollo 11 landing module with a size of 2 pixels, coordinates of the landing module, trace of lunar rover, zoomed-in figure of lunar rover route.
Link

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

India and China must be in on the hoax.

There is a lot more to that story. Please check out the wiki on Stewart Nozette.
en.wikipedia.org...

Look at the timeframes for Stewart Nozette and the Chandraayan-1 rendesvous with LRO.

I think that LRO blasted the Indian satellite with a lazer and knocked it out of commission.

We know that NASA has a Keep Out Zone on the Moon.
We also know that there is a new []i]Race to the Moon

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

DRAG,Dude,
u kn do it ljb

Im afraid you dont get it or for that matter understand humans at all.Just because you have no curiosities about the world around you doesnt mean others dont. Luckily the world wasnt populated with people like you.There is risks involved in learning new things.Not everyone is intent on spending there lives sitting at home watching TV. You have people that risk there lives everyday to better mankind. Through science arts medicine you really cant be that dense. Just because you dont understand why someone would want to know more about the universe the world we live in. People take risks if everyone played it safe like you we would still be hunting with spears in the plains of africa because you would have been to scared to see whats over that next hill.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Take your pick they are the Vatican, CIA, Congress, Jesuits, Most every large corporation, bank, wall street, Neo cons, Zionists, media, intelligents, ETC!
They are mostly anywhere there is power to be welded, money to be made and information to be covered up!
Though NASA I don't agree with and i think it would be easier to just control the information through the press? Usually things are not as complex as most of us truthers make them out to be! If we even took away any of these three; Money, power or information we would not be in such sad shape but the fact that these men control all three and we don't have a chance at taking back any one of them as far as i can see. But focusing on these Little BS conspiracies will not help us in any way! So no star or flag for you. . .

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

YOUR response to the OP was WAY...and I mean WAY off-base....

...PLEASE go back to the FIRST PAGE, at the TOP....and START OVER....OK???

Keeping in mind there is NO so-called "Moon Landing Hoax - The Space Suit"......as suggested, by the OP.....THINK about it!!!

THIS WOULD MEAN THAT EVERY FREAKING COUNTRY< INCLUDINGING RUSSIA???? (Was...somehow...."IN on it???)....

....THINK about it!!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

DRAG,Dude,
u kn do it ljb

Im afraid you dont get it or for that matter understand humans at all.Just because you have no curiosities about the world around you doesnt mean others dont. Luckily the world wasnt populated with people like you.There is risks involved in learning new things.Not everyone is intent on spending there lives sitting at home watching TV. You have people that risk there lives everyday to better mankind. Through science arts medicine you really cant be that dense. Just because you dont understand why someone would want to know more about the universe the world we live in. People take risks if everyone played it safe like you we would still be hunting with spears in the plains of africa because you would have been to scared to see whats over that next hill.

Drag,
I like some of your even tempered posts. But beware my pink swaggering friend I am not Dense. Remember who is the dino.
There are millions of folks still living productive lives with thier neolithic tool. They pay no heed or tribute to psuedo HUMAN MOON LANDERS and their spacesuits. I envy them. They don't have to soil thier own pants.
be focused my dino lamb chop ljb

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join