It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pagan and Occult Symbols in Mormonism: What Every Latter-day Saint Should Know

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cwg100
It is amazing to me that with so much valid information readily available, people curious about the LDS faith always rely on books and information written by disgruntled ex-members (Sandra Tanner) or persons who have little or no understanding of what the LDS church is all about.

NO kidding.

I was Mormon for 5 years. Married a man raised Mormon. Both of us officially resigned (not easy) because of their involvement in Prop8.

First thing I learned - - non-Mormons are experts on Mormonism. They'll ask you a question - - you give them the answer - - they flat out tell you you are wrong - - and provide you with some mumbo jumbo they read somewhere. Probably on the Internet.

When I was researching for my own interest - - - I found it is near impossible to find factual information on Mormonism - - because of the gazillions of quack articles on the net.

Loved the people - - loved how they "ran their show". If I could join a group like that - minus the religious part - I'd sign up instantly (I have no problem with the original belief of Joseph Smith. I do think "man" has corrupted the original teachings).

Basically - if you don't KNOW Mormonism - - - you don't KNOW Mormonism.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I read this to my mom, she got hella mad.... I refused to go to that church, the church gave me the creeps...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HonorThySilence
I read this to my mom, she got hella mad.... I refused to go to that church, the church gave me the creeps...

Why? Bet you asked your friends what they thought.

Of any church that would give you the creeps - - it would not be a Mormon church. They are very plain. Last place you'd find anything creepy.

edit on 6-4-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Here is another that should have been included in OP.
Sorry for the omission.
Again, just offering you the info .

deanhelland.com...

Thanks to you all, who have contributed to the thread: Much appreciated!
edit on 7-4-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Ya know what Seeker.

What ever you look for - - you will find.

If you look only for negatives of Mormonism - - - that is exactly what you will find.

I don't know what your personal issue is with Mormonism - - - but this is your second thread that I know of.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Ya know what Seeker.

What ever you look for - - you will find.

If you look only for negatives of Mormonism - - - that is exactly what you will find.

I don't know what your personal issue is with Mormonism - - - but this is your second thread that I know of.

You know what Annee
If I see threads I dislike. I do NOT enter them or if I do, I will state my opinion and then leave.
I know how to seek and how to find good and bad, thank you.
And isn't that last statement an echo of one you have already stated?
My personal issues, if I have any, are of no concern to you and are off topic.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Yes, and it also goes back to Nimrod and Semiriamis who were humans who "evolved" into godhood supposedly. Literally every pagan god and goddess came from those 2 right down to Sin of Sinai the moongod (a.k.a the moongod Allah) and Ishtar the sun goddess of Babylon (a.k.a. the Whore of Babylon).

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The pyramidal, paternal, theological structure of the organization lends itself easily to the whole concept of a World Government. Members are taught to trust their leaders unconditionally, that mistakes made by the leaders will not be counted against members that choose, in good faith, to follow their directives. There is a belief that God will remove the leader rather than allow the leader to lead the membership astray.

The prophet and president is not elected by the membership. He, always a man, is chosen in secret by the counsel. He is sustained by membership vote. Voting is token and has no bearing on outcome. Dissention is discouraged. Sometimes it leads to disfellowship and excommunication.

Mormons are conditioned to behave according to an external locus of control. They are conditioned to avoid questioning leadership and are encouraged to obey, have faith, and persevere.

I live here in Utah. I have lived here my entire life. I see the lack of insight and the lack of real, visceral introspection that many devout members embody. I am concerned that they are easily led around by the nose whenever the issues at hand are framed in a religion / moral context. Many believe that the Republican Party IS the Mormon Party and will vote the straight ticket out of religious devotion and duty rather than examine the issues. It is no mistake that the CIA, FBI, NSA….etc. choose Utah for heavy recruitment, no mistake that the NSA has chosen to build a spy facility here. We are conditioned for it. We are ready to embrace the NWO as long as it can be framed religiously.

I was born and raised in the Mormon Church in a generational pioneer family, the bloodline of David O McKay. I was a Mormon missionary. I attended BYU. I was married in a Mormon temple. I understand, intimately, the culture and the mindset. They are good, hard working people that have been absolutely conditioned to obey orders and to have faith in the judgment of their leaders. They are intentionally forbidden from pursuing non-Mormon sources of information and from affiliating with apostate members. It is a closed loop. It is private and secretive.

Most members are not well informed and have a very superficial knowledge of the doctrine, teachings, history and occult roots of the organization. Most are just normal folks trying to get along in the world. I feel bad for them mostly. My own family is still very involved in their local churches. They just don’t think about it too deeply and seem to be alright with it. I am always disturbed by their willingness to trust leadership without question, though.

Externalization of locus of control lends itself to abuse by those it is entrusted to. It demands inaction and compliance.

Internalized locus of control demands radical personal responsibility, insight, introspection and a great degree of painful realization. It demands action.

The Mormon Church is ripe for the picking from TPTB, as long as it can be framed properly and the leadership is willing to dictate it from the pulpit or the capitol building. Their temple ceremony has conditioned them to accept occult symbolism, the very same symbols engendered by NWO Occultist theology. I have been an occultist for decades now and you should belive me when I tell you that the transition from Mormon to Occultist was very, very easy. The Golden Dawn theology dovetails nicely. Masonic symbolism dovetails nicely as well.

edit on 9-4-2012 by PapaKrok because: spelling

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I was born in and have lived in Salt Lake City for 31 years. As a child my family and I were members of the Mormon church. My roots here go way back to the pioneers and to the English converts to Mormonism who settled here in Utah during the 19th century. My forebears were also heavily involved in Freemasonry until my parents' generation.

I myself am not a member of the LDS church--in fact, far from it. For various reasons I cannot ever be a member of the church. The church preaches against people like myself. If my psychotic attitude and the appearance of a butch lesbian biker weren't enough to keep me out of the church, I have my own spiritual beliefs which don't intersect with theirs along any trajectory.

Despite all this, I have to come to the defense of the LDS church on this one. Is there a link between Mormonism and Freemasonry? Yeah, but who cares? Neither group are the NWO boogeymen they are made out to be, not even close.

The Mormons themselves are very giving, not only of their time but they also provide food and supplies to the poor, and not just their own members either.

They are very industrious, productive people. They are not violent, and they are NOT racist (Pacific Islanders and Latinos make up a huge portion of the church's membership here in Salt Lake.) They hold themselves to very high standards of health and hygiene, education, and enterprise.

And though it is true that they are a conservative group (let's face it, prejudiced against women and downright bigoted against GLBT people), you DO NOT have the kinds of hate-crimes in Mormon communities that you hear about from other so-called "Christian" communities. In fact, I've never been the victim of so much as a curt response from a Mormon, they usually go out of their way to be polite to strangers.

Add to that the fact that very many observant Mormons are hard-core survival preppers and do their best to be self-sufficient so that they can take care of themselves and others in a disaster or famine, which is an ambition I think ALL humans should adopt. I believe that when SHTF Utah will fare far better than any other state (even Texas, sorry y'all).

I have to say, even though I'm pretty much the antithesis of what a good Mormon is, I still feel very safe here and very lucky to live here in the heart of Mormon society. They're good people, if you can get past your xenophobia and give them a chance.

So if you're going to be anti-Romney, don't do it just because he's Mormon. Do it because he's an elitist globalist warmonger mass-murderer-in-training, who trotted to wealth and power upon the crinkly broken spines of people and companies he bought, raped, and threw away after he'd sucked the blood and life-essence from the depleted shells of their proverbial corpses.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I was born into the church......that said its run like a cult not a church...the proseletizing, cult
The greeting of newbies by all the congregation as they shake hands and welcome you....soon they are inviting you to relief society metteing teusday, or young peeps on wednesday or to class thursday nite and can they call you?
want to come over for little cakes ond onand on till yer stuck with these nerds....next they want to baptise you......once that happens your in for a straight ten percent...of what you earn......before taxes.....
The mormons are definately not the baptists..............

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I was born into the church......that said its run like a cult not a church...the proseletizing, cult
The greeting of newbies by all the congregation as they shake hands and welcome you....soon they are inviting you to relief society metteing teusday, or young peeps on wednesday or to class thursday nite and can they call you?
want to come over for little cakes ond onand on till yer stuck with these nerds....next they want to baptise you......once that happens your in for a straight ten percent...of what you earn......before taxes.....

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion and experience. So sorry you had to learn from but glad you are able to share this info.
Yeah...agreed!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
Sorry for the omission.

deanhelland.com...

Very interesting article!

There is another thread very popular at this moment discussing Mormonism for the SOLE purpose of attacking Romney.

I hope we can stay away from such political debate and stay on topic with the Church of Latter Day Saints and Mormonism. The symbology, teachings, structure, and history of this religio-political organization is quite interesting to say the least.

Peace.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Sorry for the omission.

deanhelland.com...

Very interesting article!
Yes, I thought it was very informative. Thank you ...Glad you enjoyed.

There is another thread very popular at this moment discussing Mormonism for the SOLE purpose of attacking Romney. I hope we can stay away from such political debate and stay on topic with the Church of Latter Day Saints and Mormonism. The symbology, teachings, structure, and history of this religio-political organization is quite interesting to say the least.

I see this happening a lot here -just to attack folk...not my intention here. My prob is with the deceptive false teaching...So no, not my intention to pick on Romney here...LOL Although I dO think it strange about his wearing and believing in his sacred undergarments and alllll the rest of their so called false doctrine - like some planet , we are supposed to have come from et al..

I know that it is easier reaching people with the truth without all of the attacks, I agree. But I'm just blown away and have to say something sometime! I've toned it down a bit though. I feel so strongly and deeply, it's like I hurt for all of those who are misled ... Again, my uncle, was a very intelligent man - but then he ended up marrying a Baptist...So not sure what his belief was in the end (or prior).
But the main thing is not the church denomination, etc... Of most importance, it is whether or not you have been born again (my opinion and per Bible).

Am learning all the more, the more I look into their teachings! I too, find it very interesting...yet full of deceit.

If I have offended anyone, this was not my intention...and please know that my post is because I do have a big caring heart...

Peace to you also, my friend.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has a lay clergy. In other words, one does not have to know the Bible or learn about Church history to be ordained a priest. The result is that its intellectual defenders for the most part are not informed on religious matters, but rather are persons educated in areas other than theology.4 Perhaps for that reason, a Mormon "theologian" dared defend Mormon doctrine by writing that what the Bible clearly states on this matter is merely the opinion of "various Pentecostal churches."5 The Bible warns: "For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him...." "For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be trans­formed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." (2 Corinthians 11:4, 13-15)

deanhelland.com...
edit on 18-5-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Insert thread complement here: ___________

The magic underwear the Mormons all wear reminds me of the ghost shirts of the native Americans.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ghost shirts are shirts or other clothing items created by Ghost dancers and believed to be imbued with spiritual powers.

Ghost shirts sacred by certain factions of the Lakota Sioux that were supposed to guard against bullets through spiritual power. Contrary to popular belief, Jack Wilson (known in Lakota circles as Wovoka) opposed rebellion against the white settlers. Wovoka believed that through pacificism, the Lakota Sioux and the rest of the Native Americans would be delivered from white oppression in the form of earthquakes. However, two Lakota warriors and followers of Wovoka, Kicking Bear and Short Bull thought otherwise, and believed that Ghost Shirts would protect the wearer enough to actively resist white oppression.[1] The shirts did not work as promised, and consequently 153 Lakota Sioux died, with 50 wounded and 150 missing at the Wounded Knee Massacre.

Anthropologist James Mooney argued that the most likely source of the belief that ghost shirts could repel bullets is the Mormon temple garment (which Mormons believe protect the pious wearer from evil). Scholars believe that in 1890 chief Kicking Bear introduced the concept to his people, the Lakota Sioux.[2]

Also Mormons root comes from Mormo

en.wikipedia.org...

In Greek mythology, Mormo (Greek: Μορμώ, Μορμών, Mormō) was a spirit who bit bad children, said to have been a companion of the goddess Hecate. The name was also used to signify a female vampire-like creature in stories told to Greek children by their nurses to keep them from misbehaving. This reference is primarily found in some of the plays of Aristophanes.[1][2] He is also referenced in The Alexiad, which goes to show that Mormo was still taught to children during Byzantine times. The Mormo would steal children in revenge of Queen Laestrygonian who was deprived by her children. Her name means "Werewolf". She was used to scare children who were misbehaving.
File:Mormo.bmp
Modern references

"The Horror at Red Hook" by H. P. Lovecraft, 1925, describes an inscription to Hecate, Gorgo, and Mormo, found in the raid of Red Hook.

Joanna Scanlan plays a character called Mormo in the 2007 movie Stardust, which is based on a novel by Neil Gaiman. In this movie, Mormo is an evil witch who lives with her sisters Lamia (Michelle Pfeiffer) and Empusa (Sarah Alexander), all three of whom wish to devour the heart of an anthropomorphic star named Yvaine so as to regain their youth. When Mormo is dueling Tristan (Charlie Cox) toward the end of the movie, he opens a cage of ferrets, used for sacrifice. These animals attack Mormo, distracting her while Tristran slashes open another cage, this time full of sacrificing wolves, who maul her to death out of revenge for killing their friends and relatives.

The name of Mormo has also been used by a relatively popular role-playing video game called, "Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology" for the PSP. The character, Mormo, is a "flying cat" who hails from the world of Yaoon and moved to Terresia to defeat the Devourer, a monster who destroyed his world and countless others for the creation of a superior one and has Terresia as his next target. Mormo is the one who helps the main character (the player) defeat the Devourer and other minor villains in the game, although he does no fighting himself.

Well OP it looks as if your intuition did you right and you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Congrats! Now what are you going to do?

Also Masonry is just another name for magic, they are 'modern' witches, warlocks, sorcerers, and magicians. Most of these cults and secret societies with any real power or influence are involved in contacting the spirit world. Believe it or not there is such thing as a spirit world, though they are called many things by many people they all have a common theme.

Paz.
edit on 18-5-2012 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Satan's first lie recorded in the Bible is in Genesis 3:5, "ye shall be as gods."

I agree with you.. Also. You have to believe the BIBLE.. to believe the rest.. and I am not so sure Satan DID LIE.. you shall be as GODS. he said.. he did NOT SAY GOD.. he said gods... more that one there.. and if you believe the gods are 'aliens' and they have taught us there technology and some of there knowlege. Then are we not as the gods? or we could have been. OR maybe we will be.. I am not so sure we do not have a bit of there blood in ours. DNA?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by shutdownormeltdown

"I myself am not a member of the LDS church--in fact, far from it. For various reasons I cannot ever be a member of the church. The church preaches against people like myself. If my psychotic attitude and the appearance of a butch lesbian biker weren't enough to keep me out of the church, I have my own spiritual beliefs which don't intersect with theirs along any trajectory"

Right on sister.. I agree with you .. I was not raised LDS but Penticostal. A/G

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

And the problem with this is?

All churches recruit.

I can't think of a better group to be recruited by.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shutdownormeltdown

Despite all this, I have to come to the defense of the LDS church on this one. Is there a link between Mormonism and Freemasonry? Yeah, but who cares? Neither group are the NWO boogeymen they are made out to be, not even close.

The Mormons themselves are very giving, not only of their time but they also provide food and supplies to the poor, and not just their own members either.

They are very industrious, productive people. They are not violent, and they are NOT racist (Pacific Islanders and Latinos make up a huge portion of the church's membership here in Salt Lake.) They hold themselves to very high standards of health and hygiene, education, and enterprise.

And though it is true that they are a conservative group (let's face it, prejudiced against women and downright bigoted against GLBT people), you DO NOT have the kinds of hate-crimes in Mormon communities that you hear about from other so-called "Christian" communities. In fact, I've never been the victim of so much as a curt response from a Mormon, they usually go out of their way to be polite to strangers.

Add to that the fact that very many observant Mormons are hard-core survival preppers and do their best to be self-sufficient so that they can take care of themselves and others in a disaster or famine, which is an ambition I think ALL humans should adopt. I believe that when SHTF Utah will fare far better than any other state (even Texas, sorry y'all).

I have to say, even though I'm pretty much the antithesis of what a good Mormon is, I still feel very safe here and very lucky to live here in the heart of Mormon society. They're good people, if you can get past your xenophobia and give them a chance.

This is a wonderful post and the most accurate I've read on ATS.

I was Mormon for 5 years - - married into it. One of the best experiences of my life. Wonderful people. Wonderful organization.

I officially resigned because of Prop 8 - - although I had stopped going several years prior.

I was raised Christian and tried several different sects in my long life. Nothing compared to my Mormon experience. No traditional Christian church ever came close.

If I could find a Humanist group patterned after how the Mormon's are organized - - I'd join instantly.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I was raised Christian and tried several different sects in my long life. Nothing compared to my Mormon experience. No traditional Christian church ever came close.

If I could find a Humanist group patterned after how the Mormon's are organized - - I'd join instantly.

You can't be a raised Christian until you ARE one. Were you born again according to Scripture? Maybe you meant to say you had a Christian upbringing? Not sure about that though either because so many claim "Christian " but do not live for Christ.

Sad you bounce around like you do ... with no solid foundation. It must be really confusing .. Too bad you turned your back on Him.. Only He can give peace, assurance and Salvation.. It's not too late to turn to Jesus and I so hope you turn to Him. But your choice of course.
edit on 20-5-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You can't be a raised Christian until you ARE one.

Ridiculous defensive nonsense - - for those who think they are "more" Christian then someone else

Were you born again according to Scripture?

Seriously - - what does that even mean?

Let's make a scale: "How Christian are you?" If you don't measure up to SeekerLou - - you aren't Christian enough.

Maybe you meant to say you had a Christian upbringing? Not sure about that though either because so many claim "Christian " but do not live for Christ.

I live more Christlike then many (probably most) Christians.

As I believe "Every Thought is an Action". Every thought is a reality. Which means if I want to live in a Loving Peaceful world - - - my thoughts must reflect that. If a negative thought enters my mind - - I must turn it to positive.

If I want a healthy planet - - I must first think what it requires - - then make my actions reflect that.

Sad you bounce around like you do ... with no solid foundation. It must be really confusing ..

What do you fear? That is a statement of someone in fear.

“If we know exactly where we're going, exactly how to get there, and exactly what we'll see along the way, we won't learn anything. ” ― M. Scott Peck www.goodreads.com...

Too bad you turned your back on Him.. Only He can give peace, assurance and Salvation.. It's not too late to turn to Jesus and I so hope you turn to Him.

If there is a Jesus - - - then he knows me - - my thoughts - - my actions.

And knows I do not need to be chained to a book written by man.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join