It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Contributors to Romney and Obama's campaigns; Banks ALL IN on Romney

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Romney's top contributors so far in his campaign:

Goldman Sachs $535,680
JPMorgan Chase & Co $375,650
Morgan Stanley $323,800
Credit Suisse Group $299,160
Citigroup Inc $282,765
Bank of America $277,850
Kirkland & Ellis $222,702
Barclays $221,650
PricewaterhouseCoopers $191,500
HIG Capital $188,500
Blackstone Group $178,800
Wells Fargo $163,200
UBS AG $156,550
Bain Capital $154,000
EMC Corp $128,300
Citadel Investment Group $122,125
Elliott Management $121,000
Bain & Co $113,300
Sullivan & Cromwell $107,150
The Villages $97,500

Obama:

Microsoft Corp $289,088
DLA Piper $217,582
Google Inc $167,565
University of California $157,092
Harvard University $155,808
Morgan & Morgan $130,145
Comcast Corp $127,700
Skadden, Arps et al $119,074
Sidley Austin LLP $116,227
Time Warner $109,442
US Dept of State $106,040
Debevoise & Plimpton $92,026
National Amusements Inc $88,014
Stanford University $87,858
Kaiser Permanente $87,502
University of Chicago $87,100
US Government $86,589
Columbia University $84,722
Latham & Watkins $82,783
Wilmerhale Llp $81,455

www.opensecrets.org...

THE BANKS ARE ALL BEHIND ROMNEY...by contributions...they have abandoned Obama. It wasn't like this in 2008. Obama seems to be a mix of nearly everything else....colleges, businesses, half of his contributions are small donors (those who likely don't have lots of money). Seems the banks no longer like Obama. That's a good thing in my book.

As for individual contributions...

Romney:

Small Individual Contributions $7,475,825 (10%)
Large Individual Contributions $66,707,893 (90%)

Obama:

- Small Individual Contributions $71,131,811 (45%)
- Large Individual Contributions $87,685,293 (56%)

Almost all of Romney's money is coming from the wealthy...Obama has raised more overall...but i think that will change soon...as he's obviously the only one campaigning on his side.

This shows the problem Romney has with relating with the average American as well. He's the Wall Street candidate who is nearly exclusively funded by the rich.

It doesn't get any more blatant than this.
edit on 5-4-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well, look at the bright side...if that is the side. Obama hasn't got to spend too much working on this until at least the point that the other two realize defeat by sheer math and drop out. If this runs clear to the Convention by some fluke of Romney not getting the outright math before that, then Obama can sit back with his feet on the Resolute Desk and chuckle while all Romney'ss money is pressured in the fight against the ankle biters who won't give up.

Whichever way it goes, since Obama is 100% without challenge I'd say he comes out on top in the balance and by a fair margin. I'd give anything for this to be someone OTHER than Romney. Allen West struck me as a good guy...but you're right. Romney is pretty much a scumbag and it's hard to see it otherwise, even as a conservative in this election. None of the Above needs to be added and I'm not even kidding anymore.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What I am most surprised with is campaign cash by the banks. Obama gained a ton of money from the banks as the financial crisis bloomed in 2008. Seems he may have pissed them off as their support seems to be gone....at least so far. Obviously still plenty of time to go till election day....but this makes me feel better about voting for him. This was one of the main reasons i had a problem with obama before was the bank bailouts and the money he received from them.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

It doesn't get any more blatant than this.

Whats blatant is that BOTH of these men,are proof,that the two party system has failed.

Seriously,They are both BAD for this Country.

S&F
edit on 5-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'd also like to point out, Romney's top contributors are all speculating on oil futures...driving up costs at the pump and virtually everything else for the rest of us.

Isn't that something?????? I'll remember that next time he criticizes Obama on gas prices. Obama has been wanting to end wall street speculation on oil and it is gaining traction...but would never pass a Republican House...

HMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think i see something here!

I wonder who Romney is going to cater to if he's elected? Looks like the poor and middle class based on his campaign contributions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Wow folks..WOW!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

One and two sentence replies ("wisecracks") can kill good discussions Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.
ATS policy on comments that do not add to the discussion

edit on 5-4-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I wonder how much money is coming from Wall Street and major corporations to the candidates through less ostensible means? It is possible that they are still funneling Obummer some money, or that they will in the future, without making it fully official.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Whats blatant is that BOTH of these men,are proof,that the two party system has failed. Seriously,They are both BAD for this Country.

Well, that is a matter of opinion...we've all got them.

I think, based on these numbers, we can all agree "in the least" who the greater of two evils are.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

I think the banks are also pissed at Obama for starting the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau....which put new safeguards in place to protect people from predatory banking. They fought long and hard to keep that from going into effect....obama had to do a recess appointment that got the GOP angry as they almost always deny his appointments.

Looks like the GOP...which was so anti-bank bailout...IS NOW IN FULL BLOWN SUPPORT OF THE BANKS.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I think the banks are also pissed at Obama for starting the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau....which put new safeguards in place to protect people from predatory banking. They fought long and hard to keep that from going into effect....obama had to do a recess appointment that got the GOP angry as they almost always deny his appointments.

I just think they have a bestest friend... Romney is going give them perks and more
leeway to do a Wall Street 2.0, starting with deregulation and then in ten years a massive
bubble.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Well, that is a matter of opinion...we've all got them.

I think, based on these numbers, we can all agree "in the least" who the greater of two evils are.

Well,if you believe that their are a greater of two evils,Don't vote for ANY of them. My desire is to not vote for ANYONE who lies,manipulates,takes money from special interests ,or those who doesn't have Americas best interest at heart,into the Presidency. Anyone that does,doesn't truly give a damn about this country.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

In two months, Romney makes more money from the interest on his money, than the Commies entire net worth.

And he's paying a lower percentage of his money on taxes than most working Americans as he isn't paying SS or Medicare on any of it. What makes it even worse is HE DOESN'T EVEN WORK FOR IT.

I wonder how many kickbacks he'd give to his former company, Bain capital, if he were elected? They've already gave him 150,000 in campaign funds...ON TOP OF THE MILLIONS THEY ARE STILL PAYING HIM!!

What a farce...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Wow i think you guys missed something Obama said “The rollout also provided a showcase for Corzine, the former Goldman Sachs CEO whom Obama referred to as ‘our Wall Street guy’

Well now that he seems to have misplaced millions.Goldman Sachs jumped ship i guess you can only attack rich people for so long before they start betting on the other guy. Obama is in trouble and his campaign knows it there several super pacs that havnt even spent money yet. As Joe Biden said predicted Republican-affiliated super-PACs would raise between $400 million and $800 million and said that amount represented one of the greatest threats to the president's reelection effort. So far the only super pacs you have seen are are the candidates but theres lots of others and there going to carpet bomb Obama. And hes given them lots of ammo to use that when put in a neat commercial will have a major effect.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Goldman Sachs jumped ship i guess you can only attack rich people for so long before they start betting on the other guy. Obama is in trouble and his campaign knows it there several super pacs that havnt even spent money yet. As Joe Biden said predicted Republican-affiliated super-PACs would raise between $400 million and $800 million and said that amount represented one of the greatest threats to the president's reelection effort. So far the only super pacs you have seen are are the candidates but theres lots of others and there going to carpet bomb Obama. And hes given them lots of ammo to use that when put in a neat commercial will have a major effect.

Funny thing about Corzine, he was on the record stating that regulations needed to be put in place....he ended up taking advantage of them NOT being in place. Obama made a mistake with associating himself with him...but in a town fool of crooks....i imagine it's hard to find those who are trustworthy.

Goldman jumped ship because of new regulations put in place...and new ones possibly on the horizon...especially due to oil speculation...as they are in it big...screwing all of us who put gas in the tank....making BILLIONS of dollars in the process.

You are right about the rest.....corporate funded superpacs are going to go after Obama hard.....he is going to be slandered like nothing we've seen before. It will be far worse than 2008.

However, poll after poll shows that regular people relate better to Obama....Romney's unfavorable ratings are absolutely terrible. Obama is winning the female voters, african american, latino, and same sex voters.

It will be incredibly difficult for Romney to overcome that, no matter how much money is spent. Romney has 2 groups that he will win the majority on.

White males and the wealthy. The GOP has alienated everyone else and i can't see them winning the majority of any other block of voters.

I don't think he'll even win the elderly vote...not with what he's stated about SS and Medicare lately....even evangelicals are going to have a hard time voting for him.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

One and two sentence replies ("wisecracks") can kill good discussions Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.
ATS policy on comments that do not add to the discussion
edit on 8-4-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortyboy
all the more reason i am voting for Ron Paul.

i love the doc, and will support his ideas until im dead.

but, they wont allow him to be prez, and studying history youll find that the corruption will go on until a revolution happens. its too deeply imbedded.
i just hope after all the blood is spilt and the heads of the elites, zionists and the other evil bastards are arranged on pikes, the monetary system will be abolished.

then we can rebuild, possibly learning from our mistakes.

money is the root of all evil

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Romney has a surprise coming i think hes going to take Paul Ryan as his vp. And this guy is a tiger he will steal the alot of the Hispanic vote.women like him as well and on top of it he would destroy Biden in debates.Then they would make the campaign about the future of America. If he picks Ryan they will make it about making are kids and grand kids paying for our mistakes. you will here how he spent 5 trillion in 4 years. How his new budget was going to create another 4 trillion. How the cost of Obama care keeps going up and up. They will bring up 500 million he lost with solyndra. Then theyll explain the debt now means each American owes 44,000 towards national debt. Ill even predict there campaign theme CAN WE AFFORD 4 MORE YEARS? If this happens Obama is done because Ryan is one of the few people that actually went through the federal budget.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Wow i think you guys missed something Obama said “The rollout also provided a showcase for Corzine, the former Goldman Sachs CEO whom Obama referred to as ‘our Wall Street guy’

Well now that he seems to have misplaced millions.Goldman Sachs jumped ship i guess you can only attack rich people for so long before they start betting on the other guy. Obama is in trouble and his campaign knows it there several super pacs that havnt even spent money yet. As Joe Biden said predicted Republican-affiliated super-PACs would raise between $400 million and $800 million and said that amount represented one of the greatest threats to the president's reelection effort. So far the only super pacs you have seen are are the candidates but theres lots of others and there going to carpet bomb Obama. And hes given them lots of ammo to use that when put in a neat commercial will have a major effect.

Corzine was also "The Stimulus Guy" !!

Corzine "helped" Obama with the stimulus

The Jon speaks...while watching the 2 big boys !

egg in the face !

edit on Apr-06-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Romney has a surprise coming i think hes going to take Paul Ryan as his vp. And this guy is a tiger he will steal the alot of the Hispanic vote.women like him as well and on top of it he would destroy Biden in debates.Then they would make the campaign about the future of America. If he picks Ryan they will make it about making are kids and grand kids paying for our mistakes. you will here how he spent 5 trillion in 4 years. How his new budget was going to create another 4 trillion. How the cost of Obama care keeps going up and up. They will bring up 500 million he lost with solyndra. Then theyll explain the debt now means each American owes 44,000 towards national debt. Ill even predict there campaign theme CAN WE AFFORD 4 MORE YEARS? If this happens Obama is done because Ryan is one of the few people that actually went through the federal budget.

With Ryan, American Seniors and students will pay for the banks mistakes.

Isn't it neato how the banks can destroy the economy and then use it as an excuse to
get better tax rates at the expense of Seniors and Students?

I love that, but when it takes along time to do, it must not be real...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join