It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is this ??!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I recently read an article that spoke of giant rats being located in many places including south Florida. I have attached a link. weblogs.sun-sentinel.com...

The post picture rodent-beast looks much larger, specifically the feet. If you don't have a firearm, this post is a prime example why this decision should become a little easier. A golf club only goes so far and requires close confrontation. Many things can go wrong. Eliminate the risk. Thank you for the information!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hairless Wolverine?

media.web.britannica.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by smirkley

Originally posted by smirkley

My wifes, secretary's, husband, (phew),..shot this the other day on his property.

But what is this??

He shot it the night before, and this is the next morning.

He doesnt know what is is nor do I.

www.ignorancedenied.com...!!

Personal Opinion: [color=C4FFC4]Starting a thread based only off of another thread from a different forum, is the epitome of 'Ignorance Embraced'.

It is the polar opposite of denial.

Then to add a bit more ignorance into the equation, you give no personal opinion whatsoever. Weak.

Sorry to hear that, but it was shot by the owner of the property.
Unless it is on the endangered list, or is out of season, seems to me he had full rights to do so.

Having full rights to do so, does not necessarily mean that it needed to occur.

What was the reason for 'shoot first, ask second'?

edit on 4/6/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

I appreciate your comments, really.

You may not recall ID was borne of ATS, and after posting at ID, I thought some of the more informed people here could help identify. So I linked it to my post there.

And thank you for you analysis of me. Sorry though, it is what it is. I have given my personal opinion. I have no idea what it is. That is the only ignorance you are able to percieve. And your attack of me is very weak and ill-fated.

It is his property, and he is a farmer. Maybe he should have invited it in for dinner instead?
No, if he see's a rodent, or someother animal that may give threat to his stock, I dont have a problem him shooting it and then going to look.
You should try farming once. Not all critters are so kind to your livelyhood and investment, and you have the right to protect it.

Regardless, I am going to get some pictures and measurements soon. Plus Fish & Game has been called out to identify it. We will know soon.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wanton

I bet the shooter feels he has the *right* to beat foreigners in his local café that look different, rape women when they give him a friendly smile (hence: asking for it) and beat *HIS* wife when she isn't obedient.

but I suppose this will not come through - I'll make sure I'll never come near the place: the guy will probably shoot me. Your reply, again, angers me beyond believe. This is how ignorance starts, and is acted out in one's own home/back yard.

If you are vegan, I may be able to fathom your position. But your analogy is wayyy over the top.

And out here, if he finds you on his spread, I wouldnt be surprised if he pops off a round, over your head to scare you. But if you are messing with his horses or cows?.... figure it out.

edit to add: I raise cattle too, not a bunch but a few. And rodents dig holes. Holes that can break a cows leg. And what good is a cow with a broken leg. (just an example)
edit on 6-4-2012 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It's a hairless raccoon.

Just like all the rest of the things that have been shot that look exactly like that.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.nbcdfw.com...
edit on 6-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
That looks nothing like a raccoon. Why is it so impossible to believe there could be an unknown species of canid or rodent??

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
That looks nothing like a raccoon. Why is it so impossible to believe there could be an unknown species of canid or rodent??

Are you so narrow sighted that you did not see the pictures right about your post of the two dead raccoons that look identical to the cited image?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
mange ridden coon...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
It's a hairless raccoon.

Just like all the rest of the things that have been shot that look exactly like that.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.nbcdfw.com...
edit on 6-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

Glad you posted those pics - I was thinking of Raccoon too...but I was going to post some youtube links to coon skinning to show the similarities. Ty.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

It is his property, and he is a farmer. Maybe he should have invited it in for dinner instead?

That's great! You have to figure that some posters believe that groceries grow in a store.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Definitely going w/ bader with possible parvovirus or mange....

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

You may not recall ID was borne of ATS.....
It has nothing to do with recollection. I just don't care.
When I log in to ATS, I am not looking for links to other forums.

....... I have given my personal opinion. I have no idea what it is. That is the only ignorance you are able to percieve. And your attack of me is very weak and ill-fated.
What you refer to as an attack, was nothing more than another failed attempt at denying ignorance.

Why even bother with responding to a question, when you have no intentions of actually attempting to answer it? Seems rather pointless. It is a simple question.

[color=DDFF00]1.
Sorry to hear that, but it was shot by the owner of the property.
Unless it is on the endangered list, or is out of season, seems to me he had full rights to do so.

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
[color=DDFF00]2.
Having full rights to do so, does not necessarily mean that it needed to occur.

What was the reason for 'shoot first, ask second'?

Originally posted by smirkley[color=DDFF00]3.

No, if he see's a rodent, or someother animal that may give threat to his stock, I dont have a problem him shooting it and then going to look.
You should try farming once. Not all critters are so kind to your livelyhood and investment, and you have the right to protect it.
If he was going to have it for dinner, then there would have been a reason for killing it. Obviously, that was not the case.

edit on 4/7/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
They say this is some kind of hairlesa dog type animal. Ive seen it before on syfy's facted or faked.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
That is not a hairless racoon, racoons heads are shaped different.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Definitely NOT a possum, looks like a dog with mange.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Probs just a possom

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

If he was going to have it for dinner, then there would have been a reason for killing it. Obviously, that was not the case.

There are good reasons to kill something that doesn't require making dinner of it.
Protecting livestock is just one. When I say 'protecting', that doesn't just mean that the critter is going to leap onto, bite and kill or injure the livestock. That thing was obviously infected with mange and could have infected the animals on the farm. Another thing that wild animals carry is rabies.
I understand that people born and raised in urban/suburban settings are not familiar with rural realities, but we can learn about them.

It certainly is nice that we aren't required to eat our pets when they are put down by a vet. Or would the vet be the one required to eat it, since they are actually doing the killing?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I KNOW! He is a one ot the ROUSs... Rodents of Unusual Size.... (Princess Bride)! My vote, giant rat!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hey... wait! I know what it is!

Its a UDA!

i
i
i
i
V

(unidentified dead animal)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreefer703
That is not a hairless racoon, racoons heads are shaped different.

Let me direct you to THIS post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join