It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is this ??!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smirkley

If you're in the US, I think it may be a fisher cat, a pretty ferocious predator.

Here are some Google images.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It looks like a wolverine

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wanton

This post annoys the hell out of me. Don't even care to look at the thread since the 'unknown' creature is apparently shot immediately on 'someone's' property. As if that is the natural thing to do.

BAH!

Sorry to hear that, but it was shot by the owner of the property.
Unless it is on the endangered list, or is out of season, seems to me he had full rights to do so.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
id like to know why was this shot, what harm or damage was seen doing.

seriously STOP shooting everything unless you are going to be eating it.

i really don't know how a race so stupid could flourish as we have.

Whateva

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Can we get some kind of scale...i can't tell if its dog size or possum size...
interesting though

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This looks more like a marsupial of some kind. It's feet and legs are too thick to be a racoon or a possum. Could be a messed up Fisher Cat but it could be something we simply haven't seen often. The main problem with the image is that there is no size reference to base it on to get an idea of truly how big this is. It looks like there is a Dog's paw print just to the left of the dead animal but can't totally be sure of that either. How big is it? That will help in identifying it. Show us a ruler next to it.
edit on 6-4-2012 by Opportunia because: clarification

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Unless this was shot in a tropical climate, it's days were numbered anyway. Animals infected with sarcoptic mange to that degree don't survive long. The animal was put out of it's misery. My daughter watches a show on Animal Planet, 'Animal Cops of Houston'. They put people in jail for not taking their pets to a vet to cure mange, often when the case is advanced, they end up putting the pet 'to sleep', meaning that they kill it.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I dont have any scale, will have to get back to the guy who shot it for more info, maybe more pictures too. But in the picture, it looks like some horse scat to the right. Maybe some help till I can get more info.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
id like to know why was this shot, what harm or damage was seen doing.

seriously STOP shooting everything unless you are going to be eating it.

i really don't know how a race so stupid could flourish as we have.

Whateva

A lot of farmers around the world wage a battle with varmints, birds of prey, and predators in general. I myself do not like killing birds of prey but it is a pretty regular occurrence on the farms and land I hunt. I have watched a pair of hawks work a herd of sheep plucking the new born babies right out from under the mother. Because of situations like this is it common practice of farm and land owners to kill "pests" including Raccoon's. I myself have trapped and killed thousands of coons, bob cats, prairie dogs, etc.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
its a badger IMO

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It might be a nutria. Those have very yellow front teeth and look like a huge rat. They live in swamps though.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This thing is carnivorous (pointed canines teeth) so it is not a rodent. I would say a wild pig but the tail is wrong.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If it wasn't the US, I would say it looks related to the kangaroo family...that's a tough one

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Maybe a new crossbreed or mutated species from all the radiation going around?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Why shoot something and you even don't know what your shooting? Seriously I don't understand.
Its against ATS policy to express here what I really want to say to this kind of people and their triggerhappy actions so this is all I have to say.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by omegacorps
its a badger IMO

en.wikipedia.org...
I could be convinced of that.

The upturned nose fits a badger. The thing that makes me think that it is not a raccoon is the very stout body. A badger has that stout body.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'll tell you what that is. It's what visits us in our nightmares! How about the teeth on that thing?! I love feeding the animals that come in my yard, but if that thing strolled up in my yard, I'd imagine music from the movie "Psycho" would be playing in the background.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Maybe a coati with some disfigurement or skin problem? The ears look like one. They come in different colors...not sure what the ones look like in Arizona and New Mexico and not sure where you are exactly...

Did some searches for different body types of coatis that might have shorter tails or no hair, and google images, within about 40 or so thumbnails gave me an image that actually linked right back here to ATS of all places...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I can't believe some of you are still trying to figure this out. It is clearly a raccoon.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It's a Nutria. Some look like a beaver and have beaver teeth some look like an otter and have teeth like a cat.
edit on 6-4-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join