It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Bully’ rating reversal: documentary PG-13

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
www.nydailynews.com...

I think this is great. Hopefully the message will be heard by a larger audience.

The filmmakers behind "Bully" — the lauded documentary about the national bullying epidemic — stood up to the system and won.

You can beat the system.

And after losing an appeal with the film ratings board, the studio stood its ground: releasing the film without a rating when it opened last Friday in New York City and Los Angeles, running the risk that individual theaters wouldn't let kids in at all.

I heard about this move and thought it was pure genius.

edit on 5-4-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Millions of bullies beat the system everyday

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The movie's been slightly re-edited, which is okay, I guess. it still contains the f-word two more times than PG-13 movies usually allow. This is good, I'm glad the movie will be easier to access and easier to show in classrooms, but I also wish the Weinsteins had held their ground. Taking a movie with so much buzz outside of the rating system and having theaters still show it (as I'm sure many would) would be a big hit to an incredibly flawed organization.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Maybe movies like this will help spread that message.

Stop being such an argumentative moron.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Only problem putting out a movie like this, is the people who really need to see it won't. A bully or the bullies parents won't watch this or care to.

top topics

join