It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tieing "stuff" together...conspiratorially speaking...preferred method?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hello,

I was curious if there was a preferred method to tieing threads together that are alone, about a specific topic, however when other topics that may be in the same or perhaps another forum, may begin to form a bigger picture...conspiratorially speaking.

A broad example (ETA: see post below for a clearer detail):

Topic A is about said thing
Topic B is about said person
Topic C is about said place

Hypothetically, if one were able to tie all three topics to one event that may or may not be visible to an individual perusing one topic. In this case, should one post that information individually within each thread or is it okay to create a new thread and link the three topics with accompanying supported material for said theory?

Thank you in advance for any replies

edit on 4/5/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
See post below...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Pardon the multiple posts, but I was not at the computer to give more detail as to the reasoning behind this request.

This all revolves around my particular method of "watching" ATS which is via the Recent Posts page. However, I use Google Chrome with an add-on that auto refreshes the page every 15 seconds, in essence, it's the same concept utilized with the Real Time New Posts page.

Except this way I can see the threads most recently posted in no matter the forum, in 15 second intervals. By doing so, I see threads of all types scroll by in (more or less) real time.

Occasionally, I read a topic on a certain day and having read it commit it to memory, it may then get lost in the bottom of the forum it's in and be of no consequence at that given time. However, there are occasions when a topic that has just been posted will scroll by and after reading it I have discovered that there was possibly conspiratorial links to that other topic that I read previously.

In that event, when one can perhaps "tie stuff" together that may create a bigger picture where by the individual posters of each separate thread may not be aware there is a possible link, what then is the preferred method as proposed in the inquiry above?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

edit on 5-4-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Is this working?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Now?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Now?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
test

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
For me it was a fun thing to read, so I read a lot of it.Some things kept repeating and of course things began to fall apart.When a Ranger showed me "Behold a Pale Horse" he said he participated in REX 84 and showed me the book entry about it.Then Imagine my surprise when an SF guy told me about how bad the Satanism thing is.These were pragmatic men not given to BS. after that all I had to do was watch.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

reply to post by cavtrooper7

Umm...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The silence is deafening....

Giving this a mid-morning bump in the event that staff may be afoot.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I simply bookmark threads for later retrieval.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I do as well sometimes, but lets say you bookmarked 3 threads over a period of time and of the information within those independent threads you were perhaps able to bring to light an even bigger or more involved conspiracy. How would you go about it, more what is the preferred method...to tie them all together, post a new thread or add the information separately in each thread in order to maintain the original discussions?

This is my question. Thank you for your reply.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I would post a new thread, citing the previous threads and explaining how they tie together.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Indeed, this is what I hope the official preferred method would be. I want to be sure that before I would happen to put the effort into a thread of the like I wasn't stepping on anyone's toes or T&C's for that matter and risk having the thread trashed.

Thanks again for the reply loam

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The best way to do it is to add a link (via a reply post) to the other two (per you example) threads in each thread with a brief explanation as to why you think the other threads are germane.

If it's really all connected you could ask a staffer to edit in the other thread links to the OP.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank you kindly Sir!

top topics

join