It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've noticed there are no Autumn leaves here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I live in Sydney, Australia. Autumn began in March and I've yet to see anything to indicate that it is Autumn. We barely had a Summer (it was awful), and our Autumn so far has been much more like our normal Summer, more sunny days and warm weather etc. I've lived in the same place for over 10 years and I've noticed trees and leaves that should be affected by Autumn, haven't changed at all yet. Not even a bit of discolouration. Maybe it's just localised, but is anybody else experiencing this?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Let us hope that you have a real nice warmish winter like most of the Northern Hemisphere has enjoyed.

I just hope you haven't spoken too soon

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

Can you provide some photos of your area so we can see what you're talking about?

Thanks in advance!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yer getting the same here in Adelaide. And my veggie garden seem to have a hard time telling what season it is.
Seasons don't mean much to me anymore. I know whats coming...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I live in the Southern U.S. here...we only had about a month of winter. It's crazy. Usually in April, we still have cold, and sometimes snow. It's like summer here. Everything is blooming, trees, flowers, my field is getting ready to need mowing. Crazy I tell you.

You want to hear something really strange. I have a small herd of goats. I'm on a lot of goat forums, and many people are reporting that their pregnant goats are having, for the first time, triplets and quad births. Three to four kids per doe at birthing time. Earlier birthing season this year too.

I have a pregnant doe that has always thrown twins, who's due to birth any day. She is huge, much bigger than ever before. Waiting to see if she throws a triplet or quad. The reason I bring this up....wonder if something's happening in nature that is effecting overall changes. Almost as if trying to produce as much as possible in a short period of time.

Crazy thoughts I know....just throwing them out here.

Des

edit on 5-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Have to admit it took me a sec when I saw this thread to realize where you were-long day. Spring here, of course, but it has been a strange Spring. Winter was on the average much warmer than usual; sure, some cold days, but there were days in December and January that were springlike. A couple weeks ago, it seemed that a warm Spring had begun, but all of a sudden we are getting these cold nights and mornings that turn into warm days. Nothing so out of the ordinary as to cause any real alarm, but enough to get one's attention. It will be interesting to see what the Summer's like.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Almost as if trying to produce as much as possible in a short period of time.

Crazy thought I know....just throwing them out here.

Des

My garden seems to be continually fruiting...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I'll try to get some photos up for you guys tomorrow if that's ok, just can't do it today.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Out here in WA it has been an unusually warm March. Dont know what this thing called "Autumn" is?? as far as I know we only have two seasons "Hot" (September to March) and "Wet" (April to August), and this year the hot has been very hot, we had like 5 heat-waves this year already.

Welcome to global warming; please ensure you are 5m above sea level.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

It is spring here in Michigan and the leaves look yellow? I don't know, so far has been a screwy winter and spring.
Regardless, good luck to ya

new topics

top topics

join