It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what are you going to do about it????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hello
I've read a few post's on here over the years about government disinformants and people who claim that they have been paid/still are being paid by governments to spread dis information on websites like this and others to pervert threads and send them off in any direction as long as it leads people away from the original point of the message.
Now I'm not saying that these people don't exist I'm asking the question Why bother???

Were all well aware of what's going on in the world and most of us see the games that are played out in front of us for what they really are. We all catch on pretty quick thanks to people highlighting different angles on an argument or something that's been blown up out of all proportion by the MSN and for this I thank all of you who bring something to the table but that really is as far as it go's we post, we express our views and we move on

Now I've long given up on trying to open people eye's on the real world and I'm sure many of you have experienced the same thing you try to explain to someone the (alternative) side of and argument or show them with real proof that there being mislead and its not like they don't believe you but more like they really don't care they have there own lives to get on with and there busy doing just that. Your just there slightly odd little friend in the tin foil hat and they seem to give you a special allowance for that or humour you and nod then just move on

We have all been shown the light we have all been privileged to information that should bring the governments of this world to its knees time and time again but where do we go with it? Nowhere!! We all sit here from our armchairs putting the world to rights (and I'm no different from any of you) But it really does make no difference were not changing anything were not enlightening anyone were not changing the way that anything is run were just posting and moving on. Now I'm not saying its pointless because we all enjoy having a discussion on something that peaks our interest but what's the point in trying to derail it if its not going to go anywhere anyway???
Well that's the question that I ask you guys because I really don't see the point in employing people to derail threads and post's when all that's happening here is the same that's happening in every pub and bar across the world people putting the world to rights and then moving on to something else and even though what we said at the time made perfect sense we still wake up in the morning and the world is just how we left it!!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mahatmacoat

You are being kind of whiny...
what is your purpose here?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

haha that first post was a joke to show you... Shills and conversation/emotion changing posts do work, and do throw off the flow...

sorry for that.

I think we ARE doing something. I think that the collective mind is waking up and changing due to posts on ATS.

It isn't all we can do. I suspect most people are waiting for something to happen(me included) and until we start seeing it, we don't know what to do.

As for me I feel that poking peoples consciousness in a playful sneaky way changes their thoughts. It's what I am doing. Besides that, I WILL use any military contacts I have to try and make sure Martial Law won't work. I was trying to be in the Army when Martial Law came about, but I misjudged the timing(they are late)...

Look, their plans are not working out all that great.

We Will Win This Game!

edit on 4/5/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

You're just trying to divert attention away from you...aren't you...

Des

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

You are being kind of whiny...

It's the RANT forum....whiny is totally allowed. Why do people come to the rant forum and complain about people ranting in a forum for ranting or whining if you prefer.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Twas sarcastic... And the point of it was to show diversion... You just helped me show as much..

Be wary of shills and trolls. I am not one. But played it for a sec, to show...

I like this Topic S & F to the OP...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Yeah I get where your coming from buddy and that's my point exactly even if you do derail it and I know how it works because I've seen it done time and time again why bother Its not going anywhere past here we post and we move on there for we are. Thats just the way it is

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

you are still off topic though...

See..??

I just want more to see how much energy they can waste..

It takes more energy to correct the flow than to change it with a well placed post..

I AGREE though. ATS is very good at staying the course for a topic. It is why I stay here to post.

What are we talking about??

I admitted I don't know what I should be doing to help. I have thought about it much. I feel like I am waiting for an oppertunity to act with the most effect.. I feel my purpose is to spread knowledge and light and goodness. It doesn't feel like I am doing enough.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I'm not trying to put the topic back on course but the thread opens up with whatever the op wants to discuss or whatever new evidence the op wants to bring to light you cant get away from that its the first post you read and normally the reason why you clicked on the headline was because its something that peaked your interest so why derail it past the facts?? there all laid out in front of you its what the op brings to the table you can change that but even if its true its not like you see it on the news the next day is it? the thread dies away and we all move on to the next one so why even bother in the first place?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You said: not changing the way that anything is run were just posting and moving on. Now I'm not saying its pointless because we all enjoy having a discussion on something that peaks our interest but what's the point in trying to derail it if its not going to go anywhere anyway???

I say: if you educate just one person aren't you doing your job? How about the guy that changed my life and probably saved my life and the life of my family because he took the time to educate me. If it wasn't for him.....

Also.... If something does go down, I'm not in the stupid... I'm in the know. These idiots you speak of that don't want to hear crap but reality stars bull#... Will be screaming the loudest for help but you will be helping yourself.. Surviving... Thats the person I want to be and it took someone like you to teach me!

SO.... DON'T GIVE UP. 1 person IS WORTH IT!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

why bother posting? Or why bother derailing?

I cannot answer the second question.

Many people have woken me up, and I have seen shills try and take that away.

Are you done ranting? Are you Not Mad??

I'm confused..

THE World is never just how we left it... Change works in a parabolic way. At first there doesn't seem like there is much traction, but at some point all the sudden no one wants the old way... Things are changing from my perspective.

to Tracehd1: Yes I agree.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I'm not saying that you shouldn't educate people on what you know and yeah I do agree with you that if you can wake one person up then yeah its totally worth it but that wasn't the point of my post

If your on here posting a thread then your normally preaching to the converted! people on here have generally woken up anyway and even if what your posting is 100% true why bother trying to derail it because after a few days it fallen away to the next interesting topic and we have all moved on there's no major news story there's no public outcry all it is is a post and I'm not saying its not worth posting what I'm saying is nothing comes of it so why pay a bunch of people to derail it??

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I'm new to this particular site, but I have explored this web of "conspiracy" sub-culture and alternative media for about a year now. When I first started discussing things like this over the internet, I would constantly be called a government "shill" and or a "troll". I was unaware of many things, but rather than explain them to me, the majority of people called me a sheep and insulted me. Of course there were others kind enough to help educate me on these matters, but for the most part I learned by my own means. I still don't believe every conspiracy theory, and I am very reluctant to call people disinformation agents or "goverment shills paid by the Zionist Jews" Many of the people could simply be ignorant of the facts.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I'm new to this particular site, but I have explored this web of "conspiracy" sub-culture and alternative media for about a year now. When I first started discussing things like this over the internet, I would constantly be called a government "shill" and or a "troll". I was unaware of many things, but rather than explain them to me, the majority of people called me a sheep and insulted me. Of course there were others kind enough to help educate me on these matters, but for the most part I learned by my own means. I still don't believe every conspiracy theory, and I am very reluctant to call people disinformation agents or "goverment shills paid by the Zionist Jews" Many of the people could simply be ignorant of the facts.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Oh oh.... oh,,

I think I was not getting your point OP..

I get it now.

What should we be doing??

That was a very good post Ajax. I would feel very bad if I put someone down as a shill and they were actually just being themselves. Not everyone is on the same page. It's a big book it would suck if we were all on the same page..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Sorry I was a little unclear in that last post no I meant why bother trying to derail it or more to the point why bother paying a bunch of people to derail it??

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

No that's the point I just got.. Sorry I wasn't clear either. I NOW get the OP..

I think they are losing power, and any little thing may tip off the wrong people? (guess)

But yea we are not really doing anything about it. Maybe that's a purpose to sites like these, make us think we are waking up, and all we are doing is gossip??

I have this weird idea that our thoughts matter more than they want to let on. In this case (if our thoughts create the future) then they would pay any amount to get the future they want..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AjaxtheGreater

You should never believe everything you read the trouble is because people know that I'm into my conspiracy's theories they assume that I believe everyone of them but between you and me that just makes me smile on the inside and I know not everyone will agree with what the post is about and that's there own right to post there own thoughts and on that note I say good luck to them it would be a very boring place it we all believed the same thing and I know others will post against what you say just for the shear hell of a debate too that's upto them I have no problem with that but why pay a bunch of people to sit in a room to do something that someone would have been done for a bit of fun anyway???
edit on 5-4-2012 by Mahatmacoat because: grammer

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I'm not saying we should be doing anything I'm not here trying to rally the troops or anything but yeah I do agree that the individuals thoughts mean more then they let on because people thinking on there own can be dangerous but a person acting alone can get nowhere only by acting together can you expect to get things done but even on a site like this where people can share a common interest were all still segregated into our own little groups

new topics

top topics

join