It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another one in the group of ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Hello to all,

My name is Matt and I have been an avid reader of ATS for what has started to feel like an eternity. This site quickly became my most visited when I was introduced to it by a friend years back. I have found many good topics that have lead to countless late night searches and information gathering quest of sorts. And I have just now felt the urge to type an introduction. This is not going to be a formal thing for me so lets skip on the grammer and spelling police for the following...

I will give some basic info about myself, Born 1987, Live in Southern Indiana, Claimed I will be President since I was 16, Started my first job at 14, Graduated high school 2006, Went to IU for 1 1/2 years, Quit when my grandma passed and joined the work force in my hometown, bought my house at 22, drive a clunker but its paid off, I garden, I hunt, I raise chickens, have 3 dogs, have unlimited intrest, volunteer at church events more often than I attend church, don't like handouts, I dress a bit on the plain side, probably would be labeled a conservative by most people, I like it when people are self guided and not attached to a hive mind mentality, this is a qustion...how does someone become a mod on this site?, I ask because some of their practices seem odd to me, It will probably be a while before I reach my 20 post because most of the threads I would comment on have already fallen into rambles and pointless arguments before I get to them and it has taken from the discussion so much it seems like the seriousness is gone, I like diverse and extreme views opposite of my personal beliefs, and I like the stronger or more extreme versions of the ones I hold, I see both as being valid as they are being approached from two different viewpoints fromulated from two differnt minds with 2 different sets of experinces and goals to be reached, I like to help find the common goals and to get people to walk a common path, basically help people switch shoes and walk a mile, and since I can only try and formulate a short snapshot of my personallity in this post it is why I have choosen this kind of a rant format, in hopes that you will read through and formulate somthing to thiink of me by for the moment, but as humans we are something of a contradiction so don't be surprised if I surprise you if I ever make it to become a more active poster, but until then I guess you can rest fairly certain that I am reading here daily even when not logged in, and that I enjoy it when everyone really gets and stays on topics in a post because it makes for an intresting discovery of human duscussion, anyway If I go to much longer I would suspect a mod may delete this and say it belongs in the rant form. So take care and consider me introduced in some sort of the word.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by matt47274

Hi there! I am new too. Came in yesterday. There is roumours that ATS is giving information to Illuminati, I suggest you don't say where you live...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS....nice intro...

Here's a tip: to get those 20 posts under your belt real fast....reply to every post in this thread. You'll have them done in no time at all.

Des
edit on 5-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

That's what I done.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Hi there! I am new too. Came in yesterday. There is roumours that ATS is giving information to Illuminati, I suggest you don't say where you live...

Lol, and we eat babies, (joking), welcome to the site Matt.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Welcome to ATS....nice intro...

Here's a tip: to get those 20 posts under your belt real fast....reply to every post in this thread. You'll have them done in no time at all.

Des
edit on 5-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Yep, you'l be done in no time.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!
You sound like a fine fellow.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I like your thoughts on that, and I will go ahead and say that Is part of the reason I don't log in the vast majority of the time and haven't posted often. I will say that any group such as the government or the illuminati that wants to find out about me would be competent enough in this day and age, to know where I live, who I talk to, all my job history, my past addresses, what guns I most likely own, organizations I belong to, all the grades I made in school, and anything they pretty much want to know. I guess I rest easy with that fact knowing that being out in the open and honest is the biggest advantage I have over them, cause if everyone ends up knowing all the info about me then what they have is in a since worthless. Knowledge shared is powered lost. I'm only going to be on this earth for a realitivly short time by the design of this body, so it is only realivent for so long anyway.

Anyway I hope that you enjoy this site as much as I have learned to.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Yes, your tactic of absolute openess was used by Michael Relfe (Google it), and he is still alive. But I prefer being incognito, the other tactic to avoid termination.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Matt, Swan, welcome aboard to both of you, glad to see you here. No we don't eat babies on the night of a new moon.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hoagy1199

Thanks. You're the first one to greet me. No, I don't eat babies, I am completly vegetarian. I eat carnivorous plants for my proteins. I catch them in the night, full moon, to get them off-guard.
Just kidding.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I have thought about doing something like that by just popping in and giving some short and to the point opinions on some of the post that have decended into arguments on grammer or the likes feeling like it would go unoticed anyway. But I feel like I should do my best to make every post count on my first 20, I guess like earning a rank in a weird way. Although I do appreciate the advice and am making this reply as a use of your idea
I do feel like I will make it to the 20 post mark in due time, and I hope that when I start making my own threads that you will be one of the poeple willing to give benifical and constructive critisim or approval.

matt

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

In that case, I will remember you by making you friend with me. So when you'll pop up a new thread I'll see it and I'll be glad to share thoughts with you

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by matt47274

I have thought about doing something like that by just popping in and giving some short and to the point opinions on some of the post that have decended into arguments on grammer or the likes feeling like it would go unoticed anyway. But I feel like I should do my best to make every post count on my first 20, I guess like earning a rank in a weird way. Although I do appreciate the advice and am making this reply as a use of your idea
I do feel like I will make it to the 20 post mark in due time, and I hope that when I start making my own threads that you will be one of the poeple willing to give benifical and constructive critisim or approval.

matt

Only 8 more posts to go Matt.....

Des

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoagy1199
Matt, Swan, welcome aboard to both of you, glad to see you here. No we don't eat babies on the night of a new moon.

Damn, forgot about that, time to get a microwave lasagne out, not many posts left now Matt, hope your first thread is outstanding, as its been built up a bit, lol.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Don't tell the Illuminati anything you don't want plastered over every building they ever got their hands on all over the world.
Put stuff on money even. Worst secret keepers ever! Have tried repeatedly to explain what secret means, they just make hand signals and put up a new pyramid with an eye...

Oh yeah, Welcome

edit on 5-4-2012 by Iamschist because: added welcome

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

You took the words right out of my mouth.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I have to say I hope I will be able to meet the expectations lol. I will have to start giving some serious consideration to what I would like to address first. I feel like I am in an English class now trying to think of what I can write about without biting off more than I can chew. I will for sure be scrathing down some ideas on a note pad as they come to me. But I won't rush to get my first thread and sacrafice quality for the chance to try to be heard in a hurry. I know some of the people here can be quick to shoot down a poorly thought out thread and that would be a swift kick in the pants of my credability, lol.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I suggest you just relax and post wathever you like. Just casually agree there or disagree here, and add your opinion, too. That worked for me real fine.
I added you as friend, hope you don't mind.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Congratulations, you've joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

Welcome matt47274

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the "search words" of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!
Speaking of "Search", to save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache & frustration, please review the below.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

top topics

join