It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Band Wagon Encounter - Classic Abduction 1973 Ontario (from UFOBC)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that few people on this list would be acquainted with this very interesting account of a UFO and alien encounter on a road in southern Ontario.

The whole account can be read on the UFOBC website:
www.ufobc.ca...

It is about four musicians who pick up a hitchhiker after performing a gig and then encounter a flying saucer on the road while driving home.

I know that there is audio recording of this somewhere. I heard it one night driving back up to BC from a trip down to Washington.

For some unexplainable reason they took a service road that bordered the Queen Elizabeth Highway on the north and Lake Ontario on the south. Close to Charles Paley Park the driver saw lights up ahead and thought that there had probably been an accident. Upon stopping, those in the rear, including Tom were curious as to what had happened. To which the driver replied, “I think you had better take a look at this”. Upon doing so they were astonished to see a saucer sitting in the middle of the road! What should they do? Return to the party and try the road again later when it was clear. Attempting to turn round the driver found that despite his very best efforts, he couldn’t turn. Even worse the van appeared to be floating sideways towards the saucer. The drummer, who was in the passenger seat up front, suggested to the driver putting his foot on the brake. The reply being he was already doing that. Tom noticed that there appeared to be no road, vehicle contact. The van came to a halt within thirty feet of the craft. The drummer told everyone to stay still. Panicking, he added, “Did you see that? I don't believe it, somebody’s getting out of that thing.”

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Interesting incident, reminds me of an encounter involving Jimi Hendrix, where a UFO helped him and some band mates out of a snow storm. Even aliens knew how good he was

Not sure if I buy this one or not but it's still an entertaining story.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Interesting incident, reminds me of an encounter involving Jimi Hendrix, where a UFO helped him and some band mates out of a snow storm. Even aliens knew how good he was

Not sure if I buy this one or not but it's still an entertaining story.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

From my knowledge, I think we only have the one witnesses account, plus much of the recall apparently comes from hypnosis. But I did enjoy reading it (and listening to the witness on the audio recording).

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I enjoyed reading the story and hadn't heard it before. As abduction accounts go, this one seems like one of Leo Sprinkle's. His regressions tended to describe more of the 'benevolent' experiences whereas the likes of Jacobs attracted/created darker recollections.

The regressionist in this case was Dr. Aphrodite Clamar who did a a lot of work with Budd Hopkins and, at the same time, didn't become one of the acolytes. She wrote an afterword to his 'Missing Time' book that expressed how puzzled she was about these experiences. She felt that 'aliens' seemed too far-fetched to be real but couldn't understand why different people told the same stories.

I was struck by the narrative feel to the account. It's structured and described like fiction with details people don't normally include in their conversations. For me, this suggests the possibility of imagination at play although others would argue the details make the account *more* truthful.

Who knows?
(shrugs shoulders)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Quite entertaining and well written story, although I was expecting more intrusive and embarrassing tests if you know what I mean...

The questions part was the one that called my attention. Why didn't they ask why and what for where these tests? The religion question was interesting although it was more than obvious that an alien race wouldn't agree on a man made religion.

Anyhow thanks for sharing

new topics

top topics

join