It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Take Motor Vehicles Away From the American Public!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by nenothtu

I was ten the first time I ever got behind the wheel. Out on the farm, grandpa would give his youngsters the chance to drive the tractor as soon as they were big enough to work the clutch. Of course at first with an adult riding along, until proven capable.

Your funny, enjoy your posts.

Driving a tractor on a farm field is quite different than driving a mustang at 55 on the public roads. Stop being facetious.

I don't know about poet1b, but when I started driving the speed limit on highways was generally 70 MPH. The Federally "mandated" 55 MPH speed limit was not even a pipe dream. That didn't come under consideration until after the Arab oil embargo.

I cannot help it if you were incompetent as a ten year old. That doesn't mean everyone was.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

So, if a man claims his 8 year old daughter says its OK to have sex with him, we should all just say "Whatever will be will be!" and not investigate further? At what point is it OK for someone to step in and say something?

Why did you just say that flying monkeys were coming out of my ass? Oh, you didn't say that? Well, I just claimed you did. How are we to determine the facts? Here's an idea - how about if we ask YOU what you said rather than relying on what I claimed you said?

I bet that 8 year old hooker you're hiding over there (why do you keep drawing attention to her?) has some idea of what she says, in spite of whatever anyone else claims she says, too... we could probably ask her and get that cleared up...

Fine I dont have the right to dictate to you...doesnt this just end up in thousands(millions) of tiny little familial kingdoms with thousands(millions) of tyrants ruling them, with no hope of checks or balances, unless a person can assert those rights by leaving or through violence?

Probably not that many if most people have the lack of self-control you claim to have. Those unable to function along with the rest of us would likely have somewhere else to be, without getting all that specific about mechanisms...

How you run your little familial kingdom is no one else's business. It's not their little familial kingdom. How you relate to the other familial kindgoms, however, IS their business, as and when your interaction impacts them. If you are lacking in self-control and can't seem to get along with them peacefully, I'm sure at some point you will displease the wrong king.

The VERY IDEA of a man "running his family" is completely opposite to what you people are arguing! If you really believed what you believed, no man woudl RUN ANYTHING...all the kids and spouse could do whatever, whenever.

It sounds more like you want freedom for yourself so you can be a dictator.

Nope. No one is advocating the breakdown of family structure. even animals have that, which makes it a "natural right". What was that term you used? Ah, yes, "reductio ad absurdum". You've done it yet again.

When one of the subjects of that familial kingdom becomes displeased enough.with the king's rule, he or she will strike off and form their own little familial kingdom. It's the way of nature, happens every day. I did it, and some day, you will too.

edit on 2012/4/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Again, I asked a very simple question, which you cannot answer flatly.

The question is, has there ever been a place with no laws, and no one to enforce those non-existant laws? It is easy to see that is my question, unless you are intentionally being absurd, which you are.

The answer is, in no time in human history has man not been subject to someone enforcing some form of rule, whether by chieftain, dictator, or bi-cameral legislature. It has just never happened. Ergo, you are arguing from a fallacious point. Not sure what more I have to prove, but I am sure you will find some way to prop up a half a page argument that says nothing.

Would it be great if the world was made of gummy bears, and we could all live peacefully as one with love with no contstraining laws? ABSOLUTELY

Is it really that way? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Ah, I begin to see now. You are, either through ignorance or by design, obfuscating and conflating "Law", "legislation", and "rule", and trying to lump those very different things all into a single word.

I may be a little slow, but I eventually catch on.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Why wont you give me a Yes or No answer to my questions?

Answer this, with a yes or no:

In human history, has there ever been a civilization that succeeded without laws, or anyone enforcing laws, such as a police force? Remember, just yes or no!
edit on 8-4-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

Yes.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Everyone is allowed equal rights, when you earn them, either through age or accreditation. Please stop modifying my argument to suit your needs.

To believe that you inherently are born knowing how to drive is stupid. Thats why you need to take a test to prove your knowledge, and then you earn that right to drive.

Rights are not "earned", they are pre-existent, and come into play by virtue of existence. Things you earn are called "wages".

Or maybe you feel that I can start teaching people how to operate on other humans, even though I do not have a degree...after all, I am not harming anyone, I am merely spreading my version of medicine, right? If I teach someone how to cut open skin am I allowed to call them a Doctor, or can they call themselves one?

Cutting open another human is harm. You are then engaging in harming others without just cause, and that is not a right.

You can CALL your pupils whatever you like. That does not automatically mean the rest of us must recognize them as such. most likely they would be viewed as "butchers", harmful to the rest of us, and dealt with on that basis of causing harm.

If, on the other hand, you only want to perform operations on yourself, then knock yourself out.

edit on 2012/4/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Idiotic thread started by a childish gun owner. I cannot believe they let people start threads like this...one thread starts out with the same title ..except this has vehicles in it. Basically saying like a child...if you call me a name I will call you a name back.

JPZ does not own guns. He has stated that explicitly. Reading the posts for comprehension before spewing vitriol might improve your posts.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
cars dont kill speed does.... I drive as though every car in front of me is a mercedes ..(no Im not an oldy just think of who is in my car something more than gold its friends and family) today kids think they are driving like they are in a ps3 game on the main drag this week it was closed both ways as some kid hit a tree dont ask me where that engine ended up but the tree still stands I dont think he is standing though more like be sitting for years to come.
got no respect for hoons

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

you dont earn a wage, you work for it... and by your other posts you dont even understand yourself not mind others.how can you have something that is not there go figure!!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lotusrose

instead of quoting others and telling different stories why dont you just say what you think mr westwood

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
just a thought MR Neno... men have buttons on the left side of their jeans/pants/shorts not the right same goes for mens shirts buttons on the left not right LOL I thought your pic did look a bit girly and no man wears jeans with buttons on the right....(Sorry I might be of topic but ay he/she is posting)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a man pulls his belt to the left not the right..so you need to MAN up !

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by lotusrose

you dont earn a wage, you work for it... and by your other posts you dont even understand yourself not mind others.how can you have something that is not there go figure!!

You can't have something that isn't there. What's your point? I assume you have one...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

just a thought MR Neno... men have buttons on the left side of their jeans/pants/shorts not the right same goes for mens shirts buttons on the left not right LOL I thought your pic did look a bit girly and no man wears jeans with buttons on the right....(Sorry I might be of topic but ay he/she is posting)

What picture? The one in my book?

What can I say - you caught me out! Have you got a magnifying glass and a set of tweezers handy?

I don't have buttons on my pants - but what are you doing fooling around my pants anyhow?

Hunting for buttons?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

a man pulls his belt to the left not the right..so you need to MAN up !

What belt? Where are you in the world? Isn't it a bit early to start drinking there?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Jerry!!!!!!! Jeeeeeerrrrrryyyyyy!!!! Jerry!!!!

Any of you people catching on yet???

I think I will take my scooter to work today instead of my truck. But I will carry my handgun under the seat storage compartment.

I will text message the whole way to work. Hey ...I have a holster for the most important thing..my cell phone!!!

Do you think I will get there..or will I be shot first???

I love this drama stuff...dont you???? NOT!!!!

Jerry.....Jerry.....Jerry!!!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by StopFearMongering
No, no, no! You guys have it all wrong! We need to take DOCTORS away from the American Public! It's all in the numbers!

www.truthorfiction.com...

semmelweis.org...

www.gunsandammoenthusiastblog.com...

msgboard.snopes.com.../ubb/get_topic/f/81/t/000785/p/1.html

policelink.monster.com...

See, you guys?!

I would like to see more doctors here in the US w/out bad foreign-language accents..... where I don't have to guess what they are saying. At least around here.. that's a rare thing these days.

Don't ban cars... I thought about offing my car lots of times in my life. Ban nice smooth tires, and new shock absorbers. Make octal-type uncomfortable tires for all automobiles. If people have to drive around 'flintstone-like'.... Believe me the miles driven by Joe Public would cut down drastically.... Saves on the environment, brake dust, tire erosion/dust emitted into the air, exhaust fumes... and probably helps with a lot of other things as well.
edit on 10/4/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Go back to horse and carts. Much safer. Doubles up as rations too if shtf.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

As the kids say, pics or it didnt happen. Or maybe a court transcript, which is public information.

Your not paying attention! I have stated all ready that these are kangaroo courts, that the judge serves as prosecutor, and that there is no court reporter available. When you walk into an area presenting itself as a court of law and there is not stenographer there to record the proceedings, this is just one of many clues this is not an actual court of law.

I have no idea what the flag looked like in that court, as I didn't pay attention to any flag, and could care less if it was a flag with tassels, frilly froo-froo crap, or dancing ballerinas on top. This is just your fantasy.

edit on 8-4-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

So basically, you have no proof but your theory and a story.

So why should I believe you, and not the guy that says reptilians are inside earth and feeding off of our negativity? You are about as credible as that to me.

Whatever. This is just your fantasy.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Why wont you give me a Yes or No answer to my questions?

Answer this, with a yes or no:

In human history, has there ever been a civilization that succeeded without laws, or anyone enforcing laws, such as a police force? Remember, just yes or no!

Yes.

Great! Name this successful society! I know you are going to say "AMERICA 1776 BUDDY WHOOHOO!!!" which just shows how little you truly know about our founding fathers and the constitution. Go back to 4chan, they are more your level.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join