It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Take Motor Vehicles Away From the American Public!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by nenothtu

I was ten the first time I ever got behind the wheel. Out on the farm, grandpa would give his youngsters the chance to drive the tractor as soon as they were big enough to work the clutch. Of course at first with an adult riding along, until proven capable.

Your funny, enjoy your posts.

Driving a tractor on a farm field is quite different than driving a mustang at 55 on the public roads. Stop being facetious.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by aching_knuckles

It is an interesting strategy to dismiss the Virginia State Constitution, which is their Supreme Law of the Land, and declare it a lot of wind with no substance, only to turn around and then pretend that it is someone else who has no regard for law. Interesting in that morbid way people slow down to look at the mangled steel of a train wreck.

It makes sense, of course, given you have openly admitted you find people to be idiots, that you would presume that all you have to do is rely on that tired canard sycophants of tyranny love to declare; "You can vote".

I did no such thing. I declared your POST as a lot of wind and no substance. I asked if you believed there shoudl be laws and someone to enforce them...and you went off on some tangent about Virginia.

My question stands: Do you believe, in Virginia, that there should be laws, and someone to enforce them?

GOVERNMENT =/= TYRANNY as much as you want it to be. I guess your mom and dad were tyrants too?
edit on 8-4-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Not all ten year olds are the same, and many have the capability, the problem is identifying those circumstances.

Great, so who decides this? The tyrannical government? The parents or guardians, who might have a screw loose?
The town that the kid is driving in?

And if we cant readily decide this, what is the problem with a blanket rule?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I can control myself just fine. However, alot of the other population cannot.

This has all ready been pointed out, that you dismiss the legitimacy of rights out of a presumption that you are superior to others and you don't want others to have rights because of this. You deny equality under the law and spend all your time engaging in one logical fallacy after another, (which of course does not in any way demonstrate any sign of intelligence) while reifying.

When one idiot points to the rest of the world and declares they're all idiots, why would anyone take that idiot seriously?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

As I read JPZ, age is not a barrier to having rights. I don't believe he's addressed self-determination, other than to say you have the right not to let your own 10 year old drive, but you don't have the right to dictate to your neighbor how he runs HIS family.

So, if a man claims his 8 year old daughter says its OK to have sex with him, we should all just say "Whatever will be will be!" and not investigate further? At what point is it OK for someone to step in and say something?

Fine I dont have the right to dictate to you...doesnt this just end up in thousands(millions) of tiny little familial kingdoms with thousands(millions) of tyrants ruling them, with no hope of checks or balances, unless a person can assert those rights by leaving or through violence?

The VERY IDEA of a man "running his family" is completely opposite to what you people are arguing! If you really believed what you believed, no man woudl RUN ANYTHING...all the kids and spouse could do whatever, whenever.

It sounds more like you want freedom for yourself so you can be a dictator.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

When one idiot points to the rest of the world and declares they're all idiots, why would anyone take that idiot seriously?

Isnt this what you do constantly?

EDIT TO ADD:....you might wanna check your signature lol

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

My question stands: Do you believe, in Virginia, that there should be laws, and someone to enforce them?

If you cannot understand that the Virginia State Constitution is an act of legislation deeply rooted in the law, and one that structures a government complete with the establishment of law enforcement, then you are in way over your head in this thread. And by the way...

I asked if you believed there shoudl be laws and someone to enforce them...and you went off on some tangent about Virginia.

In truth, this is what you really asked:

At what point in human history do you feel that there was no government where people could do as they wished? The Romans? The Sumerians? There were even rules at the birth of our mighty republic,no? You are arguing from a fallacious point.

Of course, that question is as dishonest as this last post of yours given that you know full well I've stated that people cannot do whatever it is they wish without consequence and made clear that which causes no harm is done by right, and that ignorance of the law is no excuse, and pointed out that if you cannot understand this you are probably better of with a nanny state. Don't you remember, or were you just feigning offense to that so you could come off as a victim?

Your flat out refusal to be honest is more than evident in this thread.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

I am not the one pointing to the world and declaring them idiots. You are long on record in this thread as one who is declaring others idiots.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Your flat out refusal to be honest is more than evident in this thread.

Says the man who has to obfuscate his answers in 60-80 lines of text. I am asking simple questions, I expect simple answers, which you endlessly chase your tail round and round, and give no definite answers.

Again, I asked a very simple question, which you cannot answer flatly.

The question is, has there ever been a place with no laws, and no one to enforce those non-existant laws? It is easy to see that is my question, unless you are intentionally being absurd, which you are.

The answer is, in no time in human history has man not been subject to someone enforcing some form of rule, whether by chieftain, dictator, or bi-cameral legislature. It has just never happened. Ergo, you are arguing from a fallacious point. Not sure what more I have to prove, but I am sure you will find some way to prop up a half a page argument that says nothing.

Would it be great if the world was made of gummy bears, and we could all live peacefully as one with love with no contstraining laws? ABSOLUTELY

Is it really that way? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Says the man who has to obfuscate his answers in 60-80 lines of text. I am asking simple questions, I expect simple answers, which you endlessly chase your tail round and round, and give no definite answers.

The first simple question you asked me, I answered simply and you claimed to be insulted by that simple answer. Your dishonestly has earned you the epitaph of liar: You are a liar.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

I am not the one pointing to the world and declaring them idiots. You are long on record in this thread as one who is declaring others idiots.

Read your signature. You have a serious superiority complex.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The first simple question you asked me, I answered simply and you claimed to be insulted by that simple answer. Your dishonestly has earned you the epitaph of liar: You are a liar.

Thats funny, I think the same of you....except I wasnt the one ducking questions for pages...all you did was duck and argue and spin around in circles to avoid saying that 10 year olds should be allowed to drive. Then, when I finally get you to admit that point, you just want to run by and pretend it doesnt mean anything. Not to mention you wont even touch my underage prostitution question. Because you dont have a solid answer, all you have is a bunch of long winded bull crap.

Why wont you give me a Yes or No answer to my questions?

Answer this, with a yes or no:

In human history, has there ever been a civilization that succeeded without laws, or anyone enforcing laws, such as a police force? Remember, just yes or no!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Read your signature. You have a serious superiority complex.

You are taking a gigantic leap of logic by pointing to a quote by Samuel Beckett that I have not referred to once in this thread. Instead, I have fought for the universality of rights and insisted that all are equal under the law. You are the one insisting people cannot have rights because they are idiots, not me.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You are the one insisting people cannot have rights because they are idiots, not me.

Everyone is allowed equal rights, when you earn them, either through age or accreditation. Please stop modifying my argument to suit your needs.

To believe that you inherently are born knowing how to drive is stupid. Thats why you need to take a test to prove your knowledge, and then you earn that right to drive.

No one is impeding your ability to travel on the roads. Start walking! Or get on a bike, bus, horse, whatever.

You do not have the right to unlawfully operate a 5000 pound death machine with training. Im sorry you feel this is tyranny. I think it is common sense.

Or maybe you feel that I can start teaching people how to operate on other humans, even though I do not have a degree...after all, I am not harming anyone, I am merely spreading my version of medicine, right? If I teach someone how to cut open skin am I allowed to call them a Doctor, or can they call themselves one?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Do you mean your question of there ever being a place of no laws? What the hell is wrong with you? Pay attention! I have made this more than clear! All law is simple, universal, true, and absolute!

The rights of People is law! People have always had these rights! Are you so dense you cannot understand what that means? It means the answer to your question is no, but you are dishonestly attempting to apply strawman arguments to my assertions claiming I don't believe in law. All people have rights and that is law!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Everyone is allowed equal rights, when you earn them, either through age or accreditation. Please stop modifying my argument to suit your needs.

Prove this. Prove that; A: Rights are "allowed", and B: only through age or accreditation. Show us through credible constitution, or legislation harmonious with the constitution it was created under, that your statements are correct.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

you are dishonestly attempting to apply strawman arguments to my assertions claiming I don't believe in law. All people have rights and that is law!

Please post where I said that all people dont have rights? You wont find it, because that is not what I believe at all stop putting words in my mouth to make your argument seem better.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Prove this. Prove that; A: Rights are "allowed", and B: only through age or accreditation. Show us through credible constitution, or legislation harmonious with the constitution it was created under, that your statements are correct.

Allright, here is the one from my state:

codes.lp.findlaw.com...

www.town-court.com...

Pretty easy.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well, I am a responsible US driver so this does not apply to me. People should be more mindful when out on the roads but we all know that everyone does not follow the laws regarding driving and do not carry full responsibility for their actions on the roadways and highways of America.

I am with Kali74 on this one...get rid of MSM and their government ran BS television and online media outlets then you will see a dramatic difference in the overall tone of this country. Cars have never done anything to me other than getting me to and from place to place in comfort, luxury and security. Regardless of gasoline prices rising I shall continue to keep it moving in my vehicles.

Next I guess someone will say get rid of the American flight transportation industry as well, and coming from a day-one jet setter I say that too is preposterous. If I need to get somewhere my cars' keys are there in the basket along with my cellphones as a convenience.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Idiotic thread started by a childish gun owner. I cannot believe they let people start threads like this...one thread starts out with the same title ..except this has vehicles in it. Basically saying like a child...if you call me a name I will call you a name back.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join