It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Take Motor Vehicles Away From the American Public!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
There is a lot of obtuse stupidity in this thread.

DUR DUR DUR!!! LETS GET RID OF BOOKS BECAUSE I CAN GET A PAPER CUT!!

Really? What are you people actually trying to say? That guns are safe? That cigarettes don't cause cancer? That everyone should just be able to go around doing whatever the hell they want to because they have the rights to Life and Liberty?

Well guess what?

I have those rights too. And when I do NOT choose to carry a gun or drive a car or smoke a cigarette, I can still be shot, or run down, or die of lung cancer. When your rights impede on MY rights, something has to give.

How does that happen? Speed Limits. Concealed Carry Permits. Regulations to benefit the public safety, not impede on your personal rights.

You want to own 15 uzis? Go right ahead. I support your right to do just that. You want to walk around my neighborhood with 15 uzis? Now we have a problem.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I just love how others think they have the right to tell everyone how to live their lives. Honestly, who the hell does everyone think they are. That's the problem with a "Civilized Society". people put there useless ideals and agendas upon everyone else as to what they beleve the world should be.

World govt's should be banned. They are the cause of more INNOCENT deaths in the form of WAR, DRUGS (illegal and more deaths from prescription drugs than illegal combined), and how about cigarettes, and all the carcinogens they allow into our food and water.

As a matter of fact I believe people's prejudice and hateful comments and agendas against all America is, and stands for, should be taken away. Funnyhow every country is against America yet the hands are always out for CHARITY.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Good point O.P. I bet cars have not stopped too many rapes or murders either. Either way it's something we will all never agree on. I am responsible with my weapons and I will not part with them without an old fashioned thumb war!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
reply to post by dayve

This only applies to asians

You're so fortunate for your internet protection barrier.

And y is that..? I would say that on national tv if i could

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
There is a lot of obtuse stupidity in this thread.

DUR DUR DUR!!! LETS GET RID OF BOOKS BECAUSE I CAN GET A PAPER CUT!!

Really? What are you people actually trying to say? That guns are safe?

Guns are neither safe nor dangerous. They are metallic and inanimate. They can't do a damned thing on their own... except for my shotgun which, as I previously mentioned, is watching me when it thinks I'm not looking,

That cigarettes don't cause cancer?

Cigarettes are also inamiate objects. They don't do a damned thing until someone sets one on fire. That act requires a human agency.

That everyone should just be able to go around doing whatever the hell they want to because they have the rights to Life and Liberty?

Pretty much.

Well guess what?

I give up... what?

I have those rights too. And when I do NOT choose to carry a gun or drive a car or smoke a cigarette, I can still be shot, or run down, or die of lung cancer. When your rights impede on MY rights, something has to give.

When my shotgun shoots at you, you can ban it THEN. Until then, it hasn't impeded any of your rights at all. MY shotgun, not some other guys. If his shotgun jumps out from behind the weeds and shoots at you, ban HIS, and leave mine the hell alone, since it still hasn't done anything to you.

Besides, it's busy watching ME, and it's afraid of the dark... and it says there are bugs in the bushes, so it's not going out THERE...

How does that happen? Speed Limits. Concealed Carry Permits. Regulations to benefit the public safety, not impede on your personal rights.

Of course they do. They take away my right to make up my own mind.

You want to own 15 uzis? Go right ahead. I support your right to do just that. You want to walk around my neighborhood with 15 uzis? Now we have a problem.

Can I walk around your neighborhood with 15 fuzzy bunnies then?

What's the difference if I'm not shooting at you with those bunnies... or the Uzis, either?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

From your ignorant statements and apparent disgust for the american public, I assume you're foreign? French perhaps? Well heres some good ol' American insight. We're not perfect, we know this, we also no that you're no better. Also I get sick of the ignorant hate for us based on actions committed by our government. Heres a news flash Edison! We don't control our government, and our rights merely illusions to satisfy the lust for freedom. Our government controls us, we could vote against not having a war this decade, but guess what? Thats not our choice to make.

Now if motor vehicles were taken away just like that, WHAM! sudden economic halt, suddely people can't get to work on time if at all, productivity drops, efficiency drops. profits drop, economy drops. We already have more laws than rights to begin with, we don't need more. Yes people die, people get in accidents, it's sad and tragic, but taking everything away won't solve anything. What will is, kids spending less time glued to the computer or tv screen and more time learning, bieng active and reading. Also a little good olo' fashioned disipline helps ( no, i don't mean abuse). These things happen not because guns, poisons, and vehicles make them happen but because stupid people use them and make mistakes. Death is the result of those mistakes. What would change things would be if drivers had to pass an IQ exam along with a standard common sense test. I believe that sounds reasonable.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Thank You for the wonderful laugh Neno............

It was worth reading this afternoon !

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnCreed777

From your ignorant statements and apparent disgust for the american public, I assume you're foreign? French perhaps?

This thread is a riot!

I will give you some insight on Jean Paul. Hes a French Foreign Legionnaire. He ran away from America,at the young age of 17. His hatred for America is Overwhelming..... Don't tell him I told you.

edit on 6-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Hey there JPZ.... I just had to pop back in for a moment and tell you again this is a great post. Can't flag you again, but I can star ya I think...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by hoonsince89

Cars don't kill people. People kill people! Before you know it this will have to become a bumper sticker, preferably before they take your car away.

edit on 5-4-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

Maybe we should kill the people, before they end up killing themselves! A brilliant idea!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

HAHA, great thread. Too true.

"Only way they'll get my car is removing my dead cold body from within"

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
If we still had small markets within walking distance of homes we could have less cars driving on the road. We need to return these stores so the regular man/ woman can acquire their dreams. Big business screws with the ability of the little guy. we should be able to start little businesses in residential areas that provide for the neighborhood without too much paperwork. Within reason.Tiny markets and places to sell locally grown produce should be allowed. This would take a lot of cars off the road. No alcohol sold in these places though.

Not even locally made alcohol?

NAZI!

If you change your mind, and decide to stock locally made alcohol, well, I know a guy who knows a guy who knows some guys....

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Thank You for the wonderful laugh Neno............

It was worth reading this afternoon !

You're welcome!

And,just for the record, when I go out on evening strolls with my fuzzy bunnies, people need to watch and see which end is pointed outward, because I sometimes get careless with them.... but who can blame me? Those things wiggle around, A LOT!

If I had a nickel for every time I heard someone shout "HEY YOU! WATCH WHICH WAY YOU"RE POINTING THAT RABBIT!"

Stupid humans... don't even know they're "bunnies"!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by JohnCreed777

From your ignorant statements and apparent disgust for the american public, I assume you're foreign? French perhaps?

This thread is a riot!

I will give you some insight on Jean Paul. Hes a French Foreign Legionnaire. He ran away from America,at the young age of 17. His hatred for America is Overwhelming..... Don't tell him I told you.

edit on 6-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

JPZ is a Legionnaire? That makes a lot fall into place. I recall the old days in Morocco. This cat jumped up on the parapet and was screaming "LIBERTE! EGALITE! FRA... HEY YOU! WATCH WHICH WAY YOU'RE AIMING THAT RABBIT!"

I thought it was a little odd to hear a Legionnaire screaming that... but with an American accent!

edit on 2012/4/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

That should be gotten fresh from the local producer. No middleman to water it down

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

That should be gotten fresh from the local producer. No middleman to water it down

Hang around my back porch. Five-ish is good. Bring your own trench coat.

I have a little water, too, for an extra price. You might want a little after that first swig.... but after the fourth, you won't care any more....

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

JPZ is a Legionnaire? That makes a lot fall into place. I recall the old days in Morocco. This cat jumped up on the parapet and was screaming "LIBERTE! EGALITE! HEY YOU! WATCH WHICH WAY YOU'RE AIMING THAT RABBIT!"

I thought it was a little odd to hear a Legionnaire screaming that... but with an American accent!

I suppose you and JPZ are "liberating" this little kitty,from the hands of some American Evils.........

I have my dossier on both of you guys.....

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Hey. Dimwit. INTENTIONAL car accidents are very few and far between. Intentional firearms deaths and injuries are not.

You have to take a regular test and be licensed to drive. You don't (for the most part) for firearms.

You can operate a gun while drunk. Not a car.

This is about as stupid a comparison as I have ever seen. No wonder you people aren't taken seriously. The sad thing is, you really thought you were smart when you posted this.

The Second Amendment needs to be repealed, absolutely and positively.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I'm a bit confused and too tired to seriously think about it. Can someone please tell me whether the OP is serious or being sarcastic?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join